Cruise Critic Community
Adawn47

Fond Memories Of Your Youth.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I was a British Gas service engineer and most of the time the public were ok.It only takes one pillock to undo all that,lol.

Very true. I'm really making a point of thanking the supermarket staff at the moment, they are out there with little protection doing a great job. A little appreciation goes a long way!  I'm also putting more in the food bank, just my small contribution but as they say 'every little helps'

Brian, hope you are well. Please let us know how you are doing.

8 minutes ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Aye very true Brian. 

Are cre things getting any better where you are?

Stay Safe 

Jackie

Cheers,we're in a comparitavely safer area 11hrs South of the epicentre.Our lockdown is slightly more strict than UK and the curve is flattening.Our lockdown was extended to the 13th April, I think that will be extended again.The secret is just following the rules and everyone should be ok,stay safe,Brian.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Our lockdown was extended to the 13th April, I think that will be extended again.T

Morning Brian , how long has your lock down run for now over there? 

UK is two week today as I remember it .

Mine is just over six months now :classic_wacko:

2 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Very true. I'm really making a point of thanking the supermarket staff at the moment, they are out there with little protection doing a great job. A little appreciation goes a long way!  I'm also putting more in the food bank, just my small contribution but as they say 'every little helps'

Brian, hope you are well. Please let us know how you are doing.

Italy is the original North South divide,quite a lot of poor here in the South.Food banks are just appearing at the supermarkets,so will contribute tomorrow when we go.Cultivating tomatoes and coriander at the moment.Still plenty of supplies of voddy and coke,lol.

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning Brian , how long has your lock down run for now over there? 

UK is two week today as I remember it .

Mine is just over six months now :classic_wacko:

It started on the 11th March and we arrived on the 10th.The lockdown was chasing our arse across Europe,lol.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It started on the 11th March and we arrived on the 10th.The lockdown was chasing our arse across Europe,lol.

Four weeks tomorrow then ,and Italy's figures are just beginning to dip. Half way mark ? Who knows ?

Keep yer head down Brian and stay safe :classic_smile:

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Four weeks tomorrow then ,and Italy's figures are just beginning to dip. Half way mark ? Who knows ?

Different criteria over here though.A lot of the older people still live with the younger generations,which made them more vulnerable.The culture in the UK may work in its favour,hopefully.Cheers,Brian.

1 hour ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Thanks 😀 Avril you have had a terrible time recently and still been keeping everyone’s spirts up on these boards 

There are others on these boards that are having an even worse time at the moment.Kalos, Harry, Peteukmcr, Graham and Pauline, Andy and Michelle  are just a few that come to mind, and I  know there must be many more who must be struggling with their own personal issues. This forum is a wonderful way to forget your own worries for a while, try to help others where we can and above all LAUGH.😂.  Stay well. 

Avril 

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I was a British Gas service engineer and most of the time the public were ok.It only takes one pillock to undo all that,lol.

Well you see Brian, they're always nice to workmen in the home. Cups of tea/coffee and bikkies to make sure you do an excellent job, which I'm sure you did without bribery😆. We weren't  so lucky. I don't know why but  '"customer service '" seems to lead many to believe that that we're an inferior species. I have been insulted, shouted at, spat at and on one occasion a drug addict tried to come across the counter at me because I wouldn't let him have a Mars Bar for free. These kind of people were in the minority but they began to  become more frequent during the 4 years before I retired. I  can understand why Jackie and Vampiress88 feel as they do. I used to finish my day and say " Right,  I'm now going home to kick the cat 🐱" thank god I never had one😂 and thank god for an understanding husband😉

Avril 

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Different criteria over here though.A lot of the older people still live with the younger generations,which made them more vulnerable.The culture in the UK may work in its favour,hopefully.Cheers,Brian.

Our daughter and two grandsons live with us at the moment and they're being extra careful. All's good so far. Stay well Brian. 

Avril 

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our daughter and two grandsons live with us at the moment and they're being extra careful. All's good so far. Stay well Brian. 

Avril 

Sorry,I didn't mean to worry you.Different scenario and circumstances here.You'll be ok,cheers,Brian.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Well you see Brian, they're always nice to workmen in the home. Cups of tea/coffee and bikkies to make sure you do an excellent job, which I'm sure you did without bribery😆. We weren't  so lucky. I don't know why but  '"customer service '" seems to lead many to believe that that we're an inferior species. I have been insulted, shouted at, spat at and on one occasion a drug addict tried to come across the counter at me because I wouldn't let him have a Mars Bar for free. These kind of people were in the minority but they began to  become more frequent during the 4 years before I retired. I  can understand why Jackie and Vampiress88 feel as they do. I used to finish my day and say " Right,  I'm now going home to kick the cat 🐱" thank god I never had one😂 and thank god for an understanding husband😉

Avril 

LOL,a lot of cups of tea went down the sink when the lady wasn't looking.I had a 2 year contract installing central heating in occupied council flats in London.A lot of time avoiding used needles and killing cockroaches in druggies flats.Most places were ok though.I couldn't have done your job,I would have been sacked after a week.

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Fabulous going to read this tonight 😀👍🏻

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

I know what you mean Avril 

I used to work in my Dads shop when I was much younger 😀 And I cant remember people being so aggressive then. 

After 30 years it’s a bit of a shock to the system to see how folks attitude have changed 🙂

Ok my fond memories of my youth are 

1) My Granda knocking through his house wall to connect the outside Lav

2) The smell of tripe boiling on the stove - Ooh whoops that was not fond 😆

3)  Being booted out the house in the morning and told not to come back until tea time and loving it. My can you imagine that now!! Well not Now Now but normal Now.

4) Cycling Down the coast on my granda’s bike that was about two sizes to big for me.

5) Fish And chips from the Chippy most Fridays 

6) Spacehoppers

7) Clackers 

8 Pogo Sticks - was never allowed one 😥

😀😀

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry,I didn't mean to worry you.Different scenario and circumstances here.You'll be ok,cheers,Brian.

You didn't worry me at all Brian. We're both self- isolating because of age and  our daughter has a weak immune system. Joe the youngest has been furloughed and I'm pleased because his daily return journey for work involved 4 buses. Dave the eldest goes to work on his motorbike, so has no interaction with anyone until he gets to work. At work everyone follows the strict guidelines and there are antiviral gels around. I have a bottle in in the back porch to use if either of the boys have been to the local shop. So if the virus gets past that lot I'll shoot the little perisher. 😁. Stay well.

Avril