Interesting

Just saw that Holland America has stopped all cruises till May 14th.  I am very disappointed that NCL refuses to cancel their cruises that we all know won't be sailing.  Very inconvenient for those of us that have to fly into port before cruise.....so much greed on the part of NCL.  I will not be cruising on this line again. They have shown how much their customers mean to them. There are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, IdRatherBCruisin said:

Just saw that Holland America has stopped all cruises till May 14th.  I am very disappointed that NCL refuses to cancel their cruises that we all know won't be sailing.  

If you know you are not going, why do you need NCL to tell you that?  I think it's pretty clear if you watch the news that no one is going to be cruising anywhere for quite a while.

Frankly, if this is the only problem you have during this world crisis, consider yourself blessed and try to stop whining.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From a fellow cruiser on my April 12 sailing

"I just have been advised by Partner's First that their operational update that they intended to release today, will not be going out as planned. It will most likely go out tomorrow morning."

Sounds like NCL will announce cancellations tomorrow

1 minute ago, krittykat said:

From a fellow cruiser on my April 12 sailing

"I just have been advised by Partner's First that their operational update that they intended to release today, will not be going out as planned. It will most likely go out tomorrow morning."

Sounds like NCL will announce cancellations tomorrow

I am wondering if the lines are staggering their announcements for some reason. I could bet they are all talking together about this and how to proceed.

5 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

I am wondering if the lines are staggering their announcements for some reason. I could bet they are all talking together about this and how to proceed.

I am sure NCL is considering their limited workforce that needs to process cancellations.  Once they announce cancellations and people stop complaining about the lack of announcements, the SAME people will start bombarding the phone lines and complaining about refund delays.

Some people just can't help themselves.

• Like 2

While I practice patience as much as possible, I also understand how some people are a bit on edge. These are unprecedented times, and I’m sure for a lot of people, they’d like to get the ball rolling on a refund as soon as possible. After all, this is no small chunk of change that we’re talking about when it comes to what a lot of people have invested in these cruises. If someone unexpectedly lost their job, that 3-4K (assuming average cruise booking) could go a long way to keeping a roof over their head.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

While I practice patience as much as possible, I also understand how some people are a bit on edge. These are unprecedented times, and I’m sure for a lot of people, they’d like to get the ball rolling on a refund as soon as possible. After all, this is no small chunk of change that we’re talking about when it comes to what a lot of people have invested in these cruises. If someone unexpectedly lost their job, that 3-4K (assuming average cruise booking) could go a long way to keeping a roof over their head.

It's all relative, I guess.  For folks who are actually battling illness for themselves or a family member, cruising seems like the last thing they would be worrying about.  I don't really want to touch on the fact that if you don't have an emergency fund built up, you probably shouldn't be spending $4K on a cruise because that's another story.  No one should be spending their last dime on a vacation.

I just struggle with the fact that, at a time when folks should be collectively coming together to show what is right and good about this country, there are people who just look for ways to complain (even about relatively insignificant things) instead of looking for ways to HELP.

Some of you need to give your heads a shake. That you actually criticize people who are wondering about their own finances during this extraordinary time while defending this company that runs its day to day operations on massive amounts of leverage is ridiculous. I’m dead certain there’s no one on here who thinks they’re going to be sailing any time soon but maybe we’d like to at least get the process started since the first round has to wait 90 days for a refund. And maybe we’re not even certain a refund is going to be an option. Guess what? It’s time we found out. I and my 11 family members who were supposed to be sailing from Rome on May 8th (and know for certain we won’t be) would like to know the status of our 35 grand that NCL is currently holding onto. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

It's all relative, I guess.  For folks who are actually battling illness for themselves or a family member, cruising seems like the last thing they would be worrying about.  I don't really want to touch on the fact that if you don't have an emergency fund built up, you probably shouldn't be spending $4K on a cruise because that's another story.  No one should be spending their last dime on a vacation.

I just struggle with the fact that, at a time when folks should be collectively coming together to show what is right and good about this country, there are people who just look for ways to complain (even about relatively insignificant things) instead of looking for ways to HELP.

This is ridiculously judgmental.  Many of us have had or have family members who have had serious health issues long before Covid and are well aware of what is happening in the world right now. I  100% of the time can afford every vacation I’ve ever booked. That doesn’t mean I’m willing to toss the cash away. I have been unwinding a vacation for 12 of us that has been in the works since Aug 2018. There is a great deal of cash on the table. It is not your place to minimize or to lecture people on what they should or shouldn’t be concerned about right now. You know nothing about anyone else’s situation. 

Edited by goodml
  • Like 6

Just remember that your payment returned will be in the same form as the payment, which means if you paid by credit card it will be returned there. It won't be cash on hand. So if your CC is paid off and that is where it was refunded to you'll then have to hound your CC company for a refund on your card. We all need to remember that this is not a normal situation and you are not the only person asking for a refund.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goodml said:

This is ridiculously judgmental.  Many of us have had or have family members who have had serious health issues long before Covid and are well aware of what is happening in the world right now. I  100% of the time can afford every vacation I’ve ever booked. I have been unwinding a vacation for 12 of us that has been in the works since Aug 2018. There is a great deal of cash on the table. It is not your place to minimize or to lecture people on what they should or shouldn’t be concerned about right now. You know nothing about anyone else’s situation. 

Woah. It isn't their place to minimize or to lecture people, but it is your place to say people "know nothing" and are "ridiculously judgmental" (which, itself is judgmental)?? OK for me, but not for thee? 

It is my place because I can see exactly her ridiculously judgmental statement. Not rocket science. You (and she) know nothing of anyone’s personal situation that causes them to be concerned about the funds tied up with any company and it’s not your place to tell them what should concern them. Such astounding arrogance.  Oh, and try apples to apples next time. 🙄

Edited by goodml
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, v4e said:

Give them time.  I notice I AM able to cancel my May 4 cruise on Regent owned by NCL.  They are working through the web announcement issues.

So did everyone else. NCL is no different than everyone else who had to work through their announcement and website issue. NCL knew this was coming. They are delayed. They are always delayed.

10 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

My opinion hasn't changed.  If you are THAT worried about the money you paid for your cruise and need it back RIGHT NOW!!, then you spent above your means and it is a lesson learned.

You opinion sounds wholly uneducated and arrogant. Clearly you’re fine with that. I love how the least enlightened people always think they’re so smart. 

Also, you may want to work on your reading comprehension. I didn’t say anything about needing my money RIGHT NOW!! (How many ! keys have you worn out on that keyboard btw?)  The reason I HAVE money (besides the fact that I’m a professional and work hard for it) is because I don’t willingly let heavily leveraged companies, or people for that matter, keep what’s mine without giving me a timeline for when I’m going to get it back. I’m sorry that concept escapes you but good for you for holding steadfast to defending some random company over your fellow humans. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

You realize most of your posts are complaining about people complaining, right?

• Like 1

Information onSUSPENDED SAILINGS

Updated 03/30/2020    Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through May 10, 2020 and plan to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favourite place - the ocean, stronger than ever.

Guests who were booked on suspended cruises will automatically receive a 125% or 150% refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits will be applied to your account by April 1, 2020.

EMBARKATION DATES
FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
March 13 to March 17, 2020 150% of cruise fare
March 18 to May 10, 2020 125% of cruise fare

We’re also giving an additional 20% discount when you book by April 14, 2020 using your Future Cruise Credit on cruises embarking July 1, 2020 - December 31, 2022! This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.

Guests who do not prefer to take advantage of a future cruise credit will receive a refund to be payable after 90 days from completion of the Refund Form below. Refund requests must be submitted by April 27, 2020 for all suspended sailings.

Please note that if your suspended sailing was scheduled to embark between April 12 - May 10, 2020, you will not be able to request your refund through this form until April 13, 2020.

3 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

Just got my letter from NCL ....they are suspensing through May 10

4 hours ago, IdRatherBCruisin said:

Just saw that Holland America has stopped all cruises till May 14th.  I am very disappointed that NCL refuses to cancel their cruises that we all know won't be sailing.  Very inconvenient for those of us that have to fly into port before cruise.....so much greed on the part of NCL.  I will not be cruising on this line again. They have shown how much their customers mean to them. There are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

So which cruise are you on that you need a cancellation so desperately?

You can get a FCC of 125% now. Or cash refund in 90+ days from now.