Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
lusyrsgirl

Cruise Planner 125% credit - anyone see this?

Recommended Posts

On Royal's site: 

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

 Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

 

I received an email on 3/13 about cruise planner items being automatically refunded, yet it still has to post to my CC.  I wonder if it will happen after the 8th now.  Anyone notice this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lusyrsgirl said:

On Royal's site: 

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

 Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

 

I received an email on 3/13 about cruise planner items being automatically refunded, yet it still has to post to my CC.  I wonder if it will happen after the 8th now.  Anyone notice this??

This is currently only available for the sailings that were cancelled as part of the second wave of cancellations (April 11-May 9).  Any cruises that were cancelled under the first announcement (March 13-April 10) are not able to take advantage of this offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

This is currently only available for the sailings that were cancelled as part of the second wave of cancellations (April 11-May 9).  Any cruises that were cancelled under the first announcement (March 13-April 10) are not able to take advantage of this offer.

I thought that it was available for all cruises that Roysl cancelled.  It is not available if you voluntarily cancel under the Cruise with Confidence policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a cruise that Royal canceled during Round 1 (March 13-April 10).  They automatically refunded excursion purchase to our credit card, and it appeared about 7 days after we elected to receive a refund for the cruise.

 

The above wording was in the email we received for a cruise that they cancelled under Round 2 (April 11-May 9 plus some of the May and June Alaska cruises).  The 125% only applied to round 2, and you have to opt in.

 

With the way the website works, you could try to opt in for an earlier cruise from round 1 to see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought that it was available for all cruises that Roysl cancelled.  It is not available if you voluntarily cancel under the Cruise with Confidence policy. 

I never saw it in any of the documents relating to the first round of cancellations.   It was listed as a change on the TA (and guest) document relating to the second round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's something done just for the second wave of cancellations. It doesn't apply to the first wave. (You can confirm this simply by trying to fill out the form; you'll note sailing dates are limited to those in the time period of the second wave). It is also not applicable to those voluntarily canceling either under Cruise with Confidence or simply canceling under the original terms of the booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in this group.  If you look at the FAQ, it says that you can opt-in for the 125% of the Planner purchases but if you don't then they will assume on April 8 that you want cash back and will do a refund.  Actually tried to go into the planner and hand-cancel, but was unable to do so.  So Royal gets to delay the Planner refunds until April 8 while they handle the cruise bookings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do pre-paid gratuities count as cruise planner purchases if you opted for MTD at booking and paid them in advance? I assume no, but am unsure... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Do pre-paid gratuities count as cruise planner purchases if you opted for MTD at booking and paid them in advance? I assume no, but am unsure... 

I wouldn’t thinK so since they are not done through the cruise planner. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did that for our 4/12 Freedom.  Got 125% FCC for our beverage package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, I logged into my cousin account and she has the offer for our late October sailing...I logged out & logged in as myself....no offer......we are in the same cabin. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, lusyrsgirl said:

On Royal's site: 

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

 Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

 

I received an email on 3/13 about cruise planner items being automatically refunded, yet it still has to post to my CC.  I wonder if it will happen after the 8th now.  Anyone notice this??

No e-mail received.  I had to call the pre-cruise planning unit twice and they keep telling me it will take 7-10 business days to get my excursion refunds.  Yesterday was the second of the 7 day period and no CC credit..  If not today then I'll wait for the 10 day period and see.  Excursions were purchased on Dec. 12th and wonder if my CC company can take any actions if no credits appear.

 

What's crazy is that RCL has cancelled cruises thru May, and my April 12th cruises still appear in my cruise planner.  Having a tough time getting thru my TA for good reasons. Wonder if I call the D+ desk if they could enlighten me as to the status even though it was booked via a TA.

 

Edited by nelblu
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to my cruise planner and the April 12th Harmony cruise is gone.  Now wonder how am going to get informed on the FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Now wonder how am going to get informed on the FCC.

E-mail maybe, otherwise call in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...