NCL just announced new cancellation dates to 5/10

banjineer

I wish they would address those of us supposedly going to Alaska.  I just want my money back at this point. Since it is death by 1000 paper cuts I called and cancelled my excursions - that puts about $2,000 off the trip and they said it will take 90 days to process the refund for the shore excursions. 

I won’t hold my breath NCL will be around in 90 days at this point.

Edited by Ms BumbleBee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, z4oslo said:

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it. Credit card chargeback will not work. They dont deny the claim, they just says it will take some time.

They dont do this to piss you or anyone else off. They do because they have running expenses. If you lost your income for several months, wouldn't you  also try to delay payments, so you have food on your table for you and your family?

I posted it in another thread and I'll reiterate it here for those that still believe that chargebacks will do nothing:

As per Amex's Dispute Reference Guide, to respond to a C08 (goods not received or only partially received), the merchant must provide:

• Proof that a credit which directly offsets the disputed charge has already been processed

Additionally, under "How do I Avoid this Dispute in the Future?", it lists:

• Issue refunds within 24-28 hours of being notified that goods/services were not received.

I don't think a promise of an eventual refund in the future will qualify for a credit that's processed, and it certainly is not in line with the avoidance guidance. This obviously may differ for Visa and Mastercard, which have their own rules and might be more lenient with merchants.

• Like 2

So many things wrong with this.

You have to fill out a form to get the refund, or otherwise it defaults to a FCC?  LOL!!  Should be the other way around.

You have to request the refund by April 27, even if your cruise is as late as May 10?  LOL!!  You should have at least 30 days after your cruise date to do this, and you should get several e-mails reminding you before those 30 days are up.

The refund comes 90 days from when you request it?  LOL!!  I don't recall being allowed to pay for my cruise 90 days after final payment date.

I love the cheerleaders defending NCL on this, though.  I hope these people own stock in the company.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, z4oslo said:

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it. Credit card chargeback will not work. They dont deny the claim, they just says it will take some time.

They dont do this to piss you or anyone else off. They do because they have running expenses. If you lost your income for several months, wouldn't you  also try to delay payments, so you have food on your table for you and your family?

Oh, I know the reason they're doing it.  The company is in trouble (they already had a lot of debt prior to this coronavirus situation), and they're trying to do all they can in order to keep as much cash as possible.

However, it's not theirs to keep.  it is not our fault if they already spent the money.  They can liquidate some of their assets if necessary.

Much like NCL will give away my spot on a cruise and take my deposit if I fail to make final payment on the required date (even if I'm having family/health/financial issues), I expect to be able to promptly take back my cruise fare if they can't provide the cruise.

And if they won't let me, that ranges between unethical and fraudulent.  It's not up to them to tell me the time frame I can go without my money they're holding.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, pokerpro5 said:

Oh, I know the reason they're doing it.  The company is in trouble (they already had a lot of debt prior to this coronavirus situation), and they're trying to do all they can in order to keep as much cash as possible.

However, it's not theirs to keep.  it is not our fault if they already spent the money.  They can liquidate some of their assets if necessary.

Much like NCL will give away my spot on a cruise and take my deposit if I fail to make final payment on the required date (even if I'm having family/health/financial issues), I expect to be able to promptly take back my cruise fare if they can't provide the cruise.

And if they won't let me, that ranges between unethical and fraudulent.  It's not up to them to tell me the time frame I can go without my money they're holding.

Amen! 👏👏👏

4 hours ago, Murph269 said:

So, looks like we have to wait 2 more weeks until we can request a refund, and then wait up to 90 more days to receive it?

I read that to mean you have to wait at least 90 days.

3 hours ago, Ms BumbleBee said:

I called and cancelled my excursions - that puts about $2,000 off the trip and they said it will take 90 days to process the refund for the shore excursions. 

I won’t hold my breath NCL will be around in 90 days at this point.

Cancelled my excursions on a Royal cruise I intend to cancel in the future, 5/17 /20 sailing, and just yesterday, 10 days after cancelling, the full credit hit my credit card.  Got my refund directly from Shorex. 

15 hours ago, z4oslo said:

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it

Maybe not dishonest, but second rate. Anyone rebooking with these guys are nuts. If I pay you to redo my kitchen and later you say you can't do it, a reputable person gives me my check back. A chump tells me to fill out a form than wait 3 months. It's my money you've had for 3 months. You've given me nothing for my $4,500, give it back.

Edited by Waquoit

Can anyone answer what happens if you request a refund and used two CruiseNext certificates?  Do they just re-instate the cruise next certificate to your account?  TYIA!

20 hours ago, CUontheC said:

So if we request a refund will we be getting back the amount we paid with the NCL insurance?  Or will the insurance we paid for thru NCL be deducted?

I don't think insurance premiums are refundable after the 10 day wait period.

9 hours ago, mikes said:

Can anyone answer what happens if you request a refund and used two CruiseNext certificates?  Do they just re-instate the cruise next certificate to your account?  TYIA!

Yes, they put it back in your NCL acct.   Sign in to your NCL account and it shows each certif and expiration date.  Once on line,  click on My Account (upper right) and see in the My Coupons and Credits section.  Also if you have Future Cruise Credits, they will be listed here also.   Allow 5 - 7 days or so after you cruise is cancelled.

21 hours ago, mugtech said:

Cancelled my excursions on a Royal cruise I intend to cancel in the future, 5/17 /20 sailing, and just yesterday, 10 days after cancelling, the full credit hit my credit card.  Got my refund directly from Shorex. 

We used to cruise RCCL a lot years ago then as our son got older we tried NCL mostly for the activities - if we cruise again anytime soon it will be RCCL.  They seem to be the best of the bunch on this stuff.

We were scheduled with them last year to Cuba - we cancelled and they were absolutely so easy to deal with!  I can understand NCL holding the cruise fare hostage but PREPAID excursions and Service charges and port fees seem to not make any sense other than to keep afloat in hopes that cruising starts back up and the money comes flowing in.

• Like 2

Our May 3rd NCL cruise had been cancelled with the latest announcement of cancellations.  The original NCL Announcement indicated we could not submit a "refund" request until April 13th.  Today (April 3rd) I received an email indicating that a Future Cruise Credit for this trip had been applied to my account.  Totally unacceptable level of customer service.  The extra stress imposed by not only NCL, airlines, insurance, and hotel companies has been totally uncalled for.  Carnival cancelled 2 of our September cruises and immediately provided request forms to obtain a full refund of money already paid.  Whether we ever see it or not that is another question but at least they are attempting to responsible.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, z4oslo said:

Nothing dishonest about it. Its not like they hide it.

I just received my cancellation letter from NCL today. No mention or even a hint that a refund is available. Only FCC. That's called hiding it. That's dishonest.

• Haha 1

My question is if all the TAs are cancelled why haven't they cancelled the European cruises and TAs back. Will they send the ships over empty, reschedule the TAs or call the season a wash and keep the ships in the US? No doubt we will find out in due course

4 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

My question is if all the TAs are cancelled why haven't they cancelled the European cruises and TAs back. Will they send the ships over empty, reschedule the TAs or call the season a wash and keep the ships in the US? No doubt we will find out in due course

My guess is  that if the virus lasts til late July, they will just sail more to Caribbean til Fall.    If virus clears up by late May, they will reschedule the TAs  to go over later (and have to cancel some of the Med. cruises)    So much depends on WHEN they can restart.  

• Like 1

Me and my wife just got our FCC mail from NCL. Weird is that the amount is incorrect? anyone else had this issue?

I may be just forced to request a refund due to this...

All I could do was mail my NCL contact to see if they can resolve it.

5 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

did you look in both your and wife's NCL Latitude account on line?   They issue separate amounts and not always the same in each.   

Its correct, I got messed up with the cruise next cert. Weird is that I do not see it my account yet...