Jump to content

Is there a carnival equivalent to The Haven?


Recommended Posts

Our kids are 18 and after this August's 'last hurrah', it will just be my wife and I.  We're interested in the more upscale cruise experience i.e. The Haven, RCCL Suite Club, or The Yacht club on MSC..

 

We've sailed carnival several times but always in the cheaper rooms.. Is there a Carnival equivalent to the "elite" experiences above?

 

Thanks!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Our kids are 18 and after this August's 'last hurrah', it will just be my wife and I.  We're interested in the more upscale cruise experience i.e. The Haven, RCCL Suite Club, or The Yacht club on MSC..

 

We've sailed carnival several times but always in the cheaper rooms.. Is there a Carnival equivalent to the "elite" experiences above?

 

Thanks!

 

We always book inside or balcony, so don't have knowledge of what's in a suite.  If you're trying to get away from kids, there's Serenity, an adult only area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this is one of the drawbacks to Carnival.  There aren't extra benefits attached to suites as there are on other lines.  Don't think there's anything approaching the The Haven on Carnival. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

To those who say no, I would encourage you to check out the Havana rooms on the vista ships as mentioned above.

 

Minus the free drinks, it's pretty close to the experience.. 

and minus the dedicated dining room but the plus is kids under 12 can’t be booked into the cabins or use the pool area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

and minus the dedicated dining room but the plus is kids under 12 can’t be booked into the cabins or use the pool area.

 

I'm not sure a dedicated dining room plus free alcohol is worth $2000 more for a 7 day cruise.. I'm glad I made this thread and I'm glad @Theosprey247 mentioned Havana..

 

I may be booking my next cruise today!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Havana is currently the closest thing. Loft 19 looks to do an even better job. I think Carnival will learn a lot about Loft 19 once the Mardi Gras launches.

 

Carnival doesn't specialize in luxury on their mass market line. However, I expect that to continue to evolve in the future.

Edited by Joebucks
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you mean by comparison and experience.  As mentioned, Havana will give you some exclusivity and ambiance as mentioned, we have yet to see what the Loft will be other than pics and few words.  Is cost a factor?  Do you want a restaurant tied to it?  Is the Carnival FUN aspect important to you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I like cruise lines dedicating more and more real estate to "exclusive" areas like NCL's Haven.  I'm all for suites, and we can actually afford the Haven, etc., so I don't want anybody to think I'm a grumbling passenger who is jealous of those who can afford nicer accommodations.  It's just that when those suites take up an entire section of the ship that is off limits to all other guests, it feels like the cruise vacation we all want to enjoy is just being split into classes of people.  Roping off sections of seats in the theater for Haven guests also contributes to the splitting of the classes feeling.  I understand my opinion is not going to be popular, because most people want to be made to feel special and have a personal butler and a private area for pools and dining.   But then, I begin to wonder why even be on a mega-size cruise ship?  Why not book a more elite smaller ship that caters to that type of cruiser?   We have booked suites in the past, but it was nice that they were in areas accessible to all cruisers.  We really have never had an experience where we wanted to be "away" from the general population.  We usually want to be right where most of the action is, and when we need privacy, our cabin suffices until we're ready to get out and enjoy the ship again.  I hope Carnival does not follow NCL's path in this, but of course, it certainly wouldn't stop me from cruising.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope Carnival does not add such a feature to its ships.  I  do not like the Havana area that took up part of deck five on Vista class.  I really love the dream class that allows guests to walk entirely around the ship on deck five.  I know that many Carnival guests love the Havana cabins and the pool area just for them.  They pay for it.  I tried the Vista last December and booked my next cruise on the Breeze.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

I sure hope Carnival does not add such a feature to its ships.  I  do not like the Havana area that took up part of deck five on Vista class.  I really love the dream class that allows guests to walk entirely around the ship on deck five.  I know that many Carnival guests love the Havana cabins and the pool area just for them.  They pay for it.  I tried the Vista last December and booked my next cruise on the Breeze.  

Not sure I understand the correlation on your post.  Did you book the Breeze because your cruise on the Vista showed you the Havana area?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as I alluded to in my original post, it will just be my wife and I moving forward.  We have always been a "bare minimum" kinda family and we are now ready to move into the next chapter of our life.  We want to do the "fancier" things in life and have the nicer experiences..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Well as I alluded to in my original post, it will just be my wife and I moving forward.  We have always been a "bare minimum" kinda family and we are now ready to move into the next chapter of our life.  We want to do the "fancier" things in life and have the nicer experiences..

 

There is a long way between bare minimum and the cruising you describe in your first post.  Bare min to me sounds like inside cheapest cabin.  That is why I asked about what experience you are trying to get.  Staying in the Haven or MSC version is a totally different cruising experience beyond the cabin.  Is the Carnival FUN experience important to you?. At what price point do these things become less important to you?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is a long way between bare minimum and the cruising you describe in your first post.  Bare min to me sounds like inside cheapest cabin.  That is why I asked about what experience you are trying to get.  Staying in the Haven or MSC version is a totally different cruising experience beyond the cabin.  Is the Carnival FUN experience important to you?. At what price point do these things become less important to you?  

 

I apologize for using extreme language one way or the other.. When we splurge it's for a balcony, typically we do an oceanview.. 

 

You'll have to remind me what they define as the "Carnival FUN" experience.. I will say that what we enjoy the most is relaxing on the deck in a relatively quiet space.. When we get a balcony cabin, we spend a decent amount of time on our own balcony.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

 

I apologize for using extreme language one way or the other.. When we splurge it's for a balcony, typically we do an oceanview.. 

 

You'll have to remind me what they define as the "Carnival FUN" experience.. I will say that what we enjoy the most is relaxing on the deck in a relatively quiet space.. When we get a balcony cabin, we spend a decent amount of time on our own balcony.. 

Carnival FUN is what they bring to their cruise customers.  Includes entertainment in the MDR and fun things out and about around the ship.  That said, while we enjoy all of that we really enjoy balcony time as well. Picking the balcony that fits that, can make the experience all that more such as an aft wrap.  Some suites offer spectacular balconies.  These come at a price but exponentially less than something like Haven.  Is this helping? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival FUN is what they bring to their cruise customers.  Includes entertainment in the MDR and fun things out and about around the ship.  That said, while we enjoy all of that we really enjoy balcony time as well. Picking the balcony that fits that, can make the experience all that more such as an aft wrap.  Some suites offer spectacular balconies.  These come at a price but exponentially less than something like Haven.  Is this helping? 

 

Yeah it is..

 

So I priced out a 7 day carnival cruise.. the difference between a rear aft balcony with and without Havana is about $500.  When I was under the impression that Havana was private the entire time, that seemed appealing.. Now that I know it's free reign after 7pm, that changes things..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Carnival does not have anything close to the Haven. The NCL Haven experience includes exclusive areas including Lounge/Bar, Restaurant, and Pool area. There is a shared butler who brings snacks daily. All pay per view movies on the TV are included. There is a designated seating area in the main showroom (although it is off to the side).

 

We tried the Haven on an upgrade offer a couple of years ago. We especially liked the private restaurant. The food quality and service were amazing.

 

The only drawback for us was we felt it was not worth the additional expense and decided to not pay the extra on future cruises. I don't think we used all the perks. 

 

I am not sure how he Haven would work on Carnival.     

Edited by Duck Down
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...