Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

Partial refund

Has anyone else received a partial refund of the Journey trip from Singapore to Dubai that was scheduled for April 11?  We are still shorted $775.  The first refunds we received were in two separate amounts that did not equal any of the charges for our cruise.  We have not received any communication to explain the part refund calculations and are very curious if we will see the missing monies.  We did not cancel, rather we waited for Azamara to cancel.  We requested a full refund rather than FCC.  Curious is others are having a similar experience.

Horray!  At last!  75 days after our first cruise cancellation and 2 months (61 days) after claiming for a refund for 2 cruises (after waiting for the 2nd cruise to be cancelled), we have now had partial refunds, less our TA fee and almost $2,000 short of what we are expecting back after her commission is paid.  Looking forward to getting the remainder soon.  Then it will be keeping an eye out for our flight refunds.  The goal posts Azamara set kept on moving, (from 30 days, to 45 days), to finally receiving some money today (61 days), so hang in there.  Good luck everyone else who is awaiting refunds. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the first two rounds of cancellations".

Do you mean the month long suspensions through to mid-May and then mid-June?

Our individual cancellation on 14th March for 28th March, was prior to any month long suspensions.

There was no time frame given, but the 125% FCC for that cancellation arrived a month after receipt of the email (14th April).

We are still waiting for refund of ports, fees & taxes 72 days since cancellation.

The staggered cancellations of cruises gave different dates to expect receipt of FCC. I was wondering if these dates had proved to be there abouts.2C481DA6-9DEE-4BDE-8035-A0BB6FD9459E.thumb.png.e8fccc7c2bed666dd4e41a3f2b92f835.png

21 minutes ago, combine said:

The staggered cancellations of cruises gave different dates to expect receipt of FCC. I was wondering if these dates had proved to be there abouts.2C481DA6-9DEE-4BDE-8035-A0BB6FD9459E.thumb.png.e8fccc7c2bed666dd4e41a3f2b92f835.png

Certainly wasn’t the case for 12 May- 11 June as I am still waiting - and yes I know about Bank Holidays in some parts of the world but I expect published dates to be met (especially when they say no later than) or the guest contacted to explain the day. Every other organisation I’m working with for my May and August cancellations have exceeded their estimates. 

Azamara have further angered me this morning.  I have received an email telling me all about the balance of the onboard credit I have to use for my cruise starting on 26 May, the exchange rates applied and what I can use it for onboard oh and I had to cancel any of the excursions by last Saturday if I’ve changed my mind.  I really don’t need anyone rubbing my nose in the fact I should have been somewhere else just now.  Yes a little IT glitch some will say but it’s far from good. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kcbates said:

Partial refund

Has anyone else received a partial refund of the Journey trip from Singapore to Dubai that was scheduled for April 11?  We are still shorted $775.  The first refunds we received were in two separate amounts that did not equal any of the charges for our cruise.  We have not received any communication to explain the part refund calculations and are very curious if we will see the missing monies.  We did not cancel, rather we waited for Azamara to cancel.  We requested a full refund rather than FCC.  Curious is others are having a similar experience.

Hi kcbates - we were to be on the same cruise. We received a refund of our shore excursions weeks before the cruise cost was refunded. The fare was refunded in 3 payments - but all on the same date - one equated to the deposit, with the other 2 adding up to final payment we made. Sorry you haven't been fully reimbursed yet - I really hope you get sorted soon. 

Lynn

2 hours ago, combine said:

I thought you probably were referring to the month by month suspension rollouts, but just wanted to check.

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Certainly wasn’t the case for 12 May- 11 June as I am still waiting - and yes I know about Bank Holidays in some parts of the world but I expect published dates to be met (especially when they say no later than) or the guest contacted to explain the day. Every other organisation I’m working with for my May and August cancellations have exceeded their estimates. 

Azamara have further angered me this morning.  I have received an email telling me all about the balance of the onboard credit I have to use for my cruise starting on 26 May, the exchange rates applied and what I can use it for onboard oh and I had to cancel any of the excursions by last Saturday if I’ve changed my mind.  I really don’t need anyone rubbing my nose in the fact I should have been somewhere else just now.  Yes a little IT glitch some will say but it’s far from good. 

I really hope you do have this all sorted very soon!

More than a "little" computer glitch in these frustrating times!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lynsibear said:

Hi kcbates - we were to be on the same cruise. We received a refund of our shore excursions weeks before the cruise cost was refunded. The fare was refunded in 3 payments - but all on the same date - one equated to the deposit, with the other 2 adding up to final payment we made. Sorry you haven't been fully reimbursed yet - I really hope you get sorted soon. 

Lynn

Thanks Lynn

8 hours ago, uktog said:

I know how you feel. AFTER the July 6 Pursuit cruise was cancelled I got an email saying we owed money for excursions that had been booked with OBC. When I called about it I was told it was a "hiccup". 

10 hours ago, combine said:

We haven’t received our promised FCC, and now they are offering a great promotion on a cruise we would like to book next year with said FCC, but the promotion ends on 6/1, which is also only as long as my TA can hold my preferred cabin. Oh well. This cruise is selling very well, and since sailings may have to go with a much reduced capacity, that may mean some passengers will have to get “bumped” anyway.

I have now had an email about my query - although it only talks about refunds which was not our situation.  I can't be bothered following up again re future cruise credits and am walking away from this whole mess, we will wait and see when our certificates arrive, what they say and see how we then feel about Azamara after that time.  If it was down to my husband he would want it all to be refunds now and he won't be back, I can be more forgiving!

However for those of you waiting for refunds quickly like Mackdogmolly it doesn't look good as here is a verbatim extract from the  email relating to that "they should start running the program for the refunds on the 21 May departure alter this week" - I presume the sender means after or maybe later - so you are looking at another week at least.  (Though others on these cruises have posted on the roll call they have the refunds so I just don't know what to believe)

Edited by uktog

After waiting so long for a refund for our March cruise and with our travel agent being as much use as a chocolate teapot I didn’t want to part with the large balance due for our October cruises. Looking at the Azamara website there seamed to be a number of options none of which seemed to apply, so I filled in the online cancellation form which states clearly that Azamara will look at the booking and come back with the best option. However the best option for Azamara appears to be to cancel the booking so I forfeit the deposits and not come back to me at all, our travel agent seems blissfully unaware so continues to ask for the balance weeks before it’s due.

To be honest I’ve given up worrying it’s obvious that travel companies are only looking after their own interests, so when normality returns we will reevaluate which companies will deserve our custom.

• Like 4

On 25/3 March , we had our May cruise and given the option, we decided we'd go for a cash refund and notified the decision to our travel agent who passed this on to Azamara.

No further interaction with our travel agent.

On 9/5, we received a part refund from RCCI, Miami. This was a cruise we booked onboard and this was the exact amount we paid onboard to Azamara,

Patiently, we awaited our travel agent to refund the remainder of the cruise cost.

The Glasgow travel agency were not accepting phone calls and were giving a response time to customer emails  28 days!

I emailed Azamara and Dawn gave me a response within  days. My balance had been refunded to the travel agent.

I took to Twitter and sought out the T.A. Twitter account...sent a Direct Message and received an uninformative response..."I`ll pass this to the team.Someone will be in touch". Still waiting.

Finally, on Friday evening, I contacted my credit card company and raised a chargeback.  

This morning, the money was refunded to my account by Amex !!

Looks like the T.A. holding on to my money.

Yes jhepf1222 our cruise of 24 March was cancelled by Azamara 15 March .We applied through T.A. 16 March for refund and to date have not received a cent.So frustrating when we see much later cruises being refunded.

I would not mind if I saw an orderly,chronological process for refunds but the present “system” just leads to doubts and suspicions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jhepf1222 said:

Hi, our cruise due to sail on 17th March was cancelled by them on 10th March and still no sign of refund anyone else having problem.

I have not received my refund or compensation for flights. I do not know of anyone who was booked on this cruise who have received a refund. Apparently many cruises after our have been refunded. Our cruise is being ignored. Azamara has lost a Discover plus member. 

54 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

I have not received my refund or compensation for flights. I do not know of anyone who was booked on this cruise who have received a refund. Apparently many cruises after our have been refunded. Our cruise is being ignored. Azamara has lost a Discover plus member. 

10 hours ago, jhepf1222 said:

Hi, our cruise due to sail on 17th March was cancelled by them on 10th March and still no sign of refund anyone else having problem.

We received our refund about a week ago, but only following some intervention by Azamara Australia although we had transferred the booking to a TA. She just did not seem to be getting anywhere.

That intervention stemmed from a comment by me on social media that it would be more to the point if refunds were processed in a timely manner rather than constant new advertising via email and social media.

Riocca has been refunded within the past few days.

Some others have posted on the Roll Call that they have been refunded . . . some partly . . . some fully.

@jhepf1222 you don't indicate where you live, but in most cases refunds to UK, Canada, Australia & New Zealand definitely seem to have taken longer than to USA.

10 hours ago, govanguy said:

I emailed Azamara and Dawn gave me a response within  days. My balance had been refunded to the travel agent.

What email address did you use ?  Our travel agent (small local) is still answering calls but I would be interested to see if I can get a response from Azamara.  

Hi All,

I have just spoken to Mary at Azamara and explained we have had no refund from our cruise which was cancelled on 10th March due to sail from Dubai on 17th March I asked her to check if refund had been processed as it is now 75 days since cancellation.
She told me there had been a glitch with the refund processing which they did not realise until 1st April so processing has had to be done again and should not be long now!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jhepf1222 said:

Hi All,

I have just spoken to Mary at Azamara and explained we have had no refund from our cruise which was cancelled on 10th March due to sail from Dubai on 17th March I asked her to check if refund had been processed as it is now 75 days since cancellation.
She told me there had been a glitch with the refund processing which they did not realise until 1st April so processing has had to be done again and should not be long now!

Their excuses for delays have gone from innocently ignorant to outright lies. April 1st to now would be considered reasonable if I was a Sloth. 

23 minutes ago, jhepf1222 said:

Hi All,

Unbelievable at the very minimum they should have emailed all affected to explain. Another black mark for many I’m sure. 

18 hours ago, uktog said:

I have now had an email about my query - although it only talks about refunds which was not our situation.  I can't be bothered following up again re future cruise credits and am walking away from this whole mess, we will wait and see when our certificates arrive, what they say and see how we then feel about Azamara after that time.  If it was down to my husband he would want it all to be refunds now and he won't be back, I can be more forgiving!

However for those of you waiting for refunds quickly like Mackdogmolly it doesn't look good as here is a verbatim extract from the  email relating to that "they should start running the program for the refunds on the 21 May departure alter this week" - I presume the sender means after or maybe later - so you are looking at another week at least.  (Though others on these cruises have posted on the roll call they have the refunds so I just don't know what to believe)

Actually, I am not waiting for a refund - just the FCC that was promised to me by 5/22 😟

5 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Actually, I am not waiting for a refund - just the FCC that was promised to me by 5/22 😟

Same as us. I’ve gone back on that point! 

I was booked on the 26/4/20 cruise which was cancelled. I received a refund of my deposit, as I requested, on 13/5/20. That is not bad. In fact considering all that is going on, it is excellent!

I am now wondering what to do about a cruise booked for 28th August.