Booking with hopes of 125% FCC?

The idea crossed my mind of booking a May cruise (that I would be more than happy to go on), but also halfway counting on it being cancelled to get the extra 25% FCC to apply to sailings we have already booked. Has anyone done this or had the same thought? We have cruises booked for 2021 and 2022 so I have no worries about using the FCC and it seems like a way to get a great deal on a cruise, or save a few hundred off future cruises. 

Edited by m12e31g

The problem is...you are beyond final payment.  Have to cough up the whole amount as soon as you book.  Then...if it is not canceled.....

BTW...the FCC is for cruises you would sail on before 12/31/21...would not apply to your 2022 cruises.  

I am way more worried about how long this horrible virus will be around.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

It’s repulsive to me to try to take advantage of a pandemic to get free money for a cruise. 

Is it any worse than Royal continuing to sell cruises they know will be cancelled so that they can bring in cash? Or any worse than them waiting to cancel cruises in the hopes that people will self-cancel and take a FCC instead of being eligible for a cash refund?

• Like 3

Worse case if they don't cancel  is you get your money back in the form of a FCC if you have the money to lay out for the cruise since they would have to be paid in full

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

Is it any worse than Royal continuing to sell cruises they know will be cancelled so that they can bring in cash? Or any worse than them waiting to cancel cruises in the hopes that people will self-cancel and take a FCC instead of being eligible for a cash refund?

I think that Royal Caribbean would LIKE to be up and cruising as soon as possible.  Thus they are not cancelling blocks of cruises until they are sure that they can't sail - and that their system can handle the work involved with thousands more cancellations.

2 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

They don’t KNOW how long anything will be shut down. No one knows. So they extend 1 month at a time. Just like states, cities, and countries tell people to stay-at-home for 2 weeks or a month at a time. Is it unreasonable that the US recommended staying at home for two weeks and then extended it by 30 days? 

• Like 1