Jump to content

europe cruise season


ezemoney
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nobody knows for sure. Look what's happening in Europe, especially Italy and Spain. I'm not sure with what's happening in the other countries. If Spain and Italy stay closed to tourists, where else is there to go as an alternative? Extra sea days isn't an option, at least for us. We've been there six times in the last ten years and what brings us back, not the cruise ship life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Europe will recover before America.

But will Europe allow Americans in to cruise?

I have a June 5 cruise out of Italy.  Just waiting for X to cancel because Italy won't be open

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, #1grammy said:

But will Europe allow Americans in to cruise?

I have a June 5 cruise out of Italy.  Just waiting for X to cancel because Italy won't be open

 

Our cruise is June 13 out of Italy.  I was talking to a friend about it and she said... maybe Italy will be much better by then, and I said, I hope so.  But even if that's the case, they certainly won't be letting any cruise ships dock!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SWAG.  But there will be no European season this year.   The crossings have already been cancelled, so they would have to start selling those in May or June, then cobble together a season on the Continent where likely no one will allow them to port.

I expect cruising to resume, perhaps, in October or November.  Ships will, like planes in the Arizona desert, mothballed for 6 months.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Europe will recover before America.

Recover cruising or just recover?

 

Somehow, I think countries like Italy, Spain and France will take longer to recover economically.  Scandanavia and Germany will recover faster.  The UK somewhere in between.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ECCruise said:

SWAG.  But there will be no European season this year.   The crossings have already been cancelled, so they would have to start selling those in May or June, then cobble together a season on the Continent where likely no one will allow them to port.

I expect cruising to resume, perhaps, in October or November.  Ships will, like planes in the Arizona desert, mothballed for 6 months.

 

We will see.  Corona Peak expected here in Netherlands in about 2 weeks, with large gathering lock down measures in force until 1 June and other measures to be reviewed in 3 weeks but highly likely to continue on a gradual reduced phased basis. 

I am slightly more optimistic that cruising may commence in September although very possibly with itinerary changes.  It is possible that ships may sail empty to Europe. But yes, I can also see ships being laid up for 6 months 🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

I am slightly more optimistic that cruising may commence in September although very possibly with itinerary changes.  It is possible that ships may sail empty to Europe. But yes, I can also see ships being laid up for 6 months 🙁

Given the extensive work required to get things up and running, I'm not sure that cruise lines would send their European fleets for such a short season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Europe will recover before America.

Nobody flying to europe for a while. You really think crowds of people will welcome us anytime soon? Unless you're vaccinated. This is not 1918, we know better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Europe will recover before America.

Why do you suggest that?

 

Am pretty sure Europe will have a cruise season next year.  Anyone thinking Europe will have cruises this summer has possibly visited one of our local essential businesses - cannabis shops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dandee2 said:

Nobody flying to europe for a while. You really think crowds of people will welcome us anytime soon? Unless you're vaccinated. This is not 1918, we know better.

 

Don't forget some pf us are already in Europe and will quite likely want to take a cruise at the same time cruisers in the U.S. are thinking about cruising out of Florida. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had decided no cruising until there is an effective vacine. Then I started thinking - not everybody gets flu shot, pneumonia shots, etc. If I get the vacine and people who don't get the virus on the cruise - maybe I won't get sick but could still be quarantined. Unless perhaps they let vaccinated people off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a July Med Cruise booked but in Australia we have been told to expect a 6 month no travel period. We can't even fly out of Australia without a valid reason (AID worker, live overseas etc). Cruises not looking good - over 1/3 of all our deaths have been passengers from cruises - RCL, Princess being the worst, and Celebrity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, laslomas said:

 

Don't forget some pf us are already in Europe and will quite likely want to take a cruise at the same time cruisers in the U.S. are thinking about cruising out of Florida. 

All of our holidays so far this year have been cancelled. We have a cruise, Southampton to Norway booked for the end of August. Perhaps that one will take place. In the meantime we are dreaming of a weekend, or day trip somewhere. Anywhere will do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...