Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the pics.  I love Maine lobster.  I have never had a lobster roll but plan on trying my first at Hooked.

I was actually kind of disappointed at most offerings of Lobster rolls at the many restaurants and Lobster pounds we tried them at.  Though fresh...just was not perfect.  

Then....finding out I could make my own, buying fresh picked Lobster meat, and shaving my own small sub rolls...Mmmm...the perfect roll at last.  Ditto the Crab rolls I would make as well.  😉 

• Like 4

When I make my lemon garlic yogurt salad dressing....it seems odd to put the minced garlic in it with the yogurt, touch of sweetner, and the lemon.  But it works.  Tried it one time without the garlic, (when I forgot to buy some) and was just not the same.  

Garlic works in miraculous ways.  😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@island lady any update on the Land Yacht?  Fingers crossed that it is nothing major.   

I posted on previous page.  Unfortunately the RV service people called me yesterday to push our appointment to the 28th, cancelling our appointment for this Thursday the 23rd.  Grumble....  😣

And that is just to look at it to assess the problem.  No idea how long it will take to repair, or when they will be able to get the parts they may need.  

They are stating staffing issues...which does not surprise me since, so many companies are suffering the same thing.  Can't get people to work for them.  

I am sooo happy I am not in the market for a car, an RV, home building materials, buying a new house, furniture, appliances..etc...etc.  

Was told by an unhappy tennis player...that tennis balls are in extreme shortage!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was told by an unhappy tennis player...that tennis balls are in extreme shortage!

Keep hearing of shortages of some of the craziest things.  Would never think of a tennis ball shortage.

Since beginning of August my local food stores have had shortage of gatorade and powerade.   We usually buy the 8 pack of individual bottles but shelves have been bare almost everytime I'm there.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I posted on previous page.  Unfortunately the RV service people called me yesterday to push our appointment to the 28th, cancelling our appointment for this Thursday the 23rd.  Grumble....  😣

And that is just to look at it to assess the problem.  No idea how long it will take to repair, or when they will be able to get the parts they may need.  

They are stating staffing issues...which does not surprise me since, so many companies are suffering the same thing.  Can't get people to work for them.  

I am sooo happy I am not in the market for a car, an RV, home building materials, buying a new house, furniture, appliances..etc...etc.  

Well, that is not the answer you were looking for. We have been waiting 3 weeks for a plumber for non emergency work and they said it might be a couple more. It’s today’s working business model. 

• Like 2

Just pulled into St Maarten. Explorer is docked next to us and both Rhapsody and Vision are anchored off shore. Grandeur heading in right now. Not sure if she’s on a revenue cruise or just moving for some other reason. Lots of banging and cutting noise from Explorer. Looks like she’s getting a minor facelift. 

Beautiful day today. We sailed by Tropical Storm Peter yesterday. It was windy but not bad enough to close any decks. You could lose your ghat though if not careful. All in all, not a problem. 

15F4D767-5742-476D-AA95-AF33491D895D.thumb.jpeg.765f817715cc1b87f86017e53dc2e11d.jpeg

01980BDB-D084-4A9C-BE4C-134C348C9516.thumb.jpeg.3313c49754096ec659f641bfcaa6296e.jpeg

E738981C-337C-4479-8DD7-783B6BE01185.thumb.jpeg.70fc2dfc4d43eae150c10bfb9d2a0317.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Keep hearing of shortages of some of the craziest things.  Would never think of a tennis ball shortage.

Since beginning of August my local food stores have had shortage of gatorade and powerade.   We usually buy the 8 pack of individual bottles but shelves have been bare almost everytime I'm there.

My liquor store total wine was out of several things including my Johnny Walker Gold 😢😢.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just pulled into St Maarten. Explorer is docked next to us and both Rhapsody and Vision are anchored off shore. Grandeur heading in right now. Not sure if she’s on a revenue cruise or just moving for some other reason. Lots of banging and cutting noise from Explorer. Looks like she’s getting a minor facelift. 

Beautiful day today. We sailed by Tropical Storm Peter yesterday. It was windy but not bad enough to close any decks. You could lose your ghat though if not careful. All in all, not a problem. 

15F4D767-5742-476D-AA95-AF33491D895D.thumb.jpeg.765f817715cc1b87f86017e53dc2e11d.jpeg

01980BDB-D084-4A9C-BE4C-134C348C9516.thumb.jpeg.3313c49754096ec659f641bfcaa6296e.jpeg

E738981C-337C-4479-8DD7-783B6BE01185.thumb.jpeg.70fc2dfc4d43eae150c10bfb9d2a0317.jpeg

Looks like a great day for St Maarten.  Happy to hear Storm Peter didnt impact your cruise.    

Grandeur begins revenue sailings in December.  Another cruiser that was St maarten last week said they heard alot of construction noise on grandeur too.  These poor ships stuck at sea.

Have a great day on St Maarten!!🧜‍♀️

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well, that is not the answer you were looking for. We have been waiting 3 weeks for a plumber for non emergency work and they said it might be a couple more. It’s today’s working business model. 

Yeah...no real incentive to work right now.  Shame...and businesses are paying for it.  😞 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful!  Thanks so much for taking us along, Bob!  Gosh it sure makes me miss cruising!  Sigh... 

Looking forward to getting our land yacht sold even more now...less bus travel...more ship travel!!  Yes!!!  😉 

Happy you are having a great time!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Beautiful!  Thanks so much for taking us along, Bob!  Gosh it sure makes me miss cruising!  Sigh... 

Happy you are having a great time!  🙂 

It’s interesting what sights/experiences are making me think, “I really missed this”. Pulling into St Maarten and seeing the hillside across the bay is one of them.   Just beautiful. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been to church and are sitting looking out to sea with a coffee.

I hope everyone is well.

Take care and stay safe.😷

Graham.

Sounds like a great day. I am well and wish you the same. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s interesting what sights/experiences are making me think, “I really missed this”. Pulling into St Maarten and seeing the hillside across the bay is one of them.   Just beautiful. 

We always enjoy St. Maarten.  What are your plans for the day?  

I wonder if my favorite hat lady is still set up in town with her great straw hats?  👒

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky came back a few days ago from Total Wine.  He brought in a big box of goodies!  😉 

The actual reason he likes going to the VA in Vierra FL...it is close to Total Wine.  😄 

I shop there when Laura goes to Hobby Lobby for yarn.

• Like 2