Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

When I was checking the security cameras today the neighbours are already out and rowing their edible beans already. You can see their lights in the dark. They have 50 acres left to harvest and have two pull behind harvesters. Rain is coming Sunday, so they will plan to be done late today. 

In my area peanuts are being harvested.  The ones across the road should be turned soon.  I think they are doing the further away fields first.  This is the first year there have been soy beans  close by so I am not sure if they will do them or the cotton after the peanuts.  

• Like 3

TSOTD

881EB513-CC37-4823-A5BF-3497D6579167.thumb.jpeg.f16b847e41af9a9746514bc9acf3174c.jpeg

For some reason, my wife hates this shirt. 

Printed out luggage tags this morning, and my wife was already laying out clothes.  Three weeks away.  Can you tell we are excited?

Waiting for grandson’s football game to start this morning. It is 46°. 

0F894EE9-4372-4DFA-A206-E406B4966BF5.thumb.jpeg.c6432cc4c00e18a5ad00c663abca4ca8.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Imagine how the Leafs fans feel. 🤦‍♂️

Leafs fans won't get any sympathy from me.  It may have been a (long) while, but at least they got several cups in their storied history.  The Sabres have only been to the finals twice and lost both times.  The 1999 series was particularly painful because of Brett Hull's 3OT goal in game 6 that shouldn't have counted (aka "no goal").  Yes...I still remember that clearly and painfully. Other than a couple of empty net goals, neither team led by more than 1 goal that entire series.

Between "no goal", "wide right", and the "Music City Miracle", it's difficult being a Buffalo sports fan.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When I saw the TSOTD  pop up My first thought was….. Nice!   I remember while on a cruise  seeing that on the side of a building and zooming in for a pic.  I can’t remember where we were but have seen a couple more since.  My TSOTD will be a bit different but will be a Hog  shirt!   Wooooooo Pig Sooooeeee Razorbacks!  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Leafs fans won't get any sympathy from me.  It may have been a (long) while, but at least they got several cups in their storied history.  The Sabres have only been to the finals twice and lost both times.  The 1999 series was particularly painful because of Brett Hull's 3OT goal in game 6 that shouldn't have counted (aka "no goal").  Yes...I still remember that clearly and painfully. Other than a couple of empty net goals, neither team led by more than 1 goal that entire series.

Between "no goal", "wide right", and the "Music City Miracle", it's difficult being a Buffalo sports fan.

But at least you can drown your sorrows with good chicken wings. 😁

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

TSOTD

881EB513-CC37-4823-A5BF-3497D6579167.thumb.jpeg.f16b847e41af9a9746514bc9acf3174c.jpeg

I don’t mind shirt at all, but the imagery of hog‘s breath seems disgusting.

Printed out luggage tags this morning, and my wife was already laying out clothes.  Three weeks away.  Can you tell we are excited?

I’d be too. 

0F894EE9-4372-4DFA-A206-E406B4966BF5.thumb.jpeg.c6432cc4c00e18a5ad00c663abca4ca8.jpeg

Other than the cold, it looks to be a great day. Hope the have fun and his son has a win. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

You are so funny @Sea Dog! You do sound stressed. I'm sure thing will work out wonderfully. Have a Plan B in the back of your mind. And congratulations on your upcoming retirement! 

And every day will be Saturday! :classic_biggrin:

I am the king of stress. I've been a worry wort my whole life. The upside is that I do plan for everything.

Thank you for the retirement wishes. My boss put out the official email to the staff titled "Anchors Away" that I was retiring at the end of month. He wrote a long email about my accomplishments and what he felt about my tenure and value at the company. It was incredible. I was very moved.

36 days till we cruise. Thinking about  getting all my stuff organized that i am going to take. May be a little early but a good sign that I'm getting closer.

• Like 15

Our cardinal is still around. 

6DFD0622-908D-4C03-9EA9-B31FAA3C892C.thumb.jpeg.10874b6f3d2c5b9741795eb858d9f1c9.jpeg

Grasses are looking nice too. 

D5262919-02FD-43EF-9529-D7FF35D26E50.thumb.jpeg.4bfaf32ff2d3ae25a0d1ddefab875317.jpeg

At Owen’s final ball tryout now, but did a bit of shopping after we dropped him off.  LCBO is the Liquor Control Board Ontario. 

98314AEC-8CBE-4E23-B8C7-9931649EA0EF.thumb.jpeg.0d508edd2eca8d82ac20b07ea940f3b8.jpeg

Found this and had to get a few. 

EAEFD6FB-D2A0-4E87-A5F7-1DC432A5DED1.thumb.jpeg.2c40befd1a434b1803c1b574119d363f.jpeg

• Like 17

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

He's being a real trooper, Lenny.  Yesterday the physical therapist couldn't believe how well he did with bending his knee.  He's doing his exercises, which I knew he would.  He's been in pain for longer than I can remember;  his surgeon asked how long he'd been living with his knee like this.  Jim said "too long". The surgeon told me Jim's knee was all bits of bone and cartilage.  (forgive me if I mentioned that the other day)

That is great to hear he is doing so well.🥰

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

TSOTD

Tee shirts that my wife has hated have mysteriously disappeared from my closet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am the king of stress. I've been a worry wort my whole life. The upside is that I do plan for everything.

Thank you for the retirement wishes. My boss put out the official email to the staff titled "Anchors Away" that I was retiring at the end of month. He wrote a long email about my accomplishments and what he felt about my tenure and value at the company. It was incredible. I was very moved.

36 days till we cruise. Thinking about  getting all my stuff organized that i am going to take. May be a little early but a good sign that I'm getting closer.

I have been President of the WW nearly all my life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 50°F and raining.

We have had a nice lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20211002_123826.jpg

IMG_20211002_122259.jpg

IMG_20211002_122243.jpg

IMG_20211002_121532.jpg

I was going to ask where the malt vinegar was. Then I saw the little packet. 
I would need half a dozen or more of those packets!

You and Pauline look great for a rainy day! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Hey, at least they made 1994 interesting! 🙂

That was the year that got me hooked on hockey, although it was the 94 Eastern Conference finals with the NJ Devils that really reeled me in. Not sure if there has been a more exciting, heart-stopping  series since then. 

#LGR. Got my tix for opening night, Oct 14. 

I'm old enough to remember 1982 as well as 1994 and 2011.  94 was an incredible run.  Game 6 of the 94 final was the most exciting hockey game I have ever I have ever watched.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm old enough to remember 1982 as well as 1994 and 2011.  94 was an incredible run.  Game 6 of the 94 final was the most exciting hockey game I have ever I have ever watched.

I have been to zero hockey games,zero pro football games but to hundreds of basketball games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

What did you do with the railings? The top deck has wood posts with Trex rails that need to be replaced. I really like yours! :classic_smile: This seems to be deck year for a lot of folks. :classic_biggrin:

While we didn't replace our deck, we did strip ours and stained our deck with Benjamin Moore.  It did a great job!  Two years ago , we did our back deck  behind the koi pond with some stain (or deck paint, I don't remember which) that we bought at Home Depot;  it started peeling the first time my daughter moved her chair on it.  I had worked so hard on that deck!!  Lesson learned...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So glad you took my suggestion! As much as we think we know each other we still have another 1- 1/2 years to get to know each other even more!

I'm so glad I took your suggestion also, Bonnie!!!  😉It will be here before we know it!

• Like 1