Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all my surgery is set for next Wednesday February 9th at 10:30am. I am doing exercises twice daily to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I will have my covid test on Monday two days before surgery. Getting anxious and a little nervous but considering I can barely walk now I will be glad to get this done.

Sending prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for a successful operation Greg on February 9th.

Graham.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

And no, Dubai isn't "settling" for less than a PCR 😢

Hope you enjoy. The creek area and soaks are interesting. The malls and bling not so much unless you love shopping. 

Madanet jumeriah is also an interesting (though artificial) area to wander around and have dinner. We spurged on afternoon tea in the bar at the top of Burj al Arab which gives lovely views 

FYI, come to UK, no tests needed 👌

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Dani.

We went for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab in the Sky bar in February 2017 and I screenshot these photos from my TripAdvisor review in March 2017.

Bookings are still being taken for afternoon tea.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

We did the same four or five years ago. The only way you can get into the Burj al Arab is if you have a room or table reserved . Though as part of my training we were taken around several of the big hotels including this one, so I've actually been there twice now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog 

Not Greg 😁, but remembering since it's the day we're supposed to fly to Dubai -- February 9

Our schools break up for half term on the 11th so you will probably find lots of British families looking for some winter sun 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

We did the same four or five years ago. The only way you can get into the Burj al Arab is if you have a room or table reserved . Though as part of my training we were taken around several of the big hotels including this one, so I've actually been there twice now.

There were guards at the entrance and we had to show our confirmation to pass through and walk the 100 metres to the Burj Al Arab hotel.

Graham.

• Like 2

Ice day for the DFW metro. I haven't turned the TV on to see exactly how bad it is out there. Our schools are closed and everyone is hoping and praying ERCOT got their act together and we don't have rolling black outs. 😏

Wednesday is my usual grocery day. The lines were crazy long when I entered the store. Once I finished grocery shopping I breezed straight thru the check out line. Perfect timing. 

One guy had a cart full of beer. I asked him about it and he said if I'm going to be stuck in the house I need enough beer to last me until the weekend 😆 🤣 😂

Praying everyone in the DFW metro stays safe and warm. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

And no, Dubai isn't "settling" for less than a PCR 😢

Have a lovely trip Dani.
Don't worry at all about the PCR....just think of a camel taking the PCR test when the swab is up your nose!!!! Can you imagine how big that swab would be!!! OMG 😁. You will forget about one up your nose! I am sure you will ace it.  And we would love to hear all about your trip. Safe travels.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have a 10am lab work appointment tomorrow, which due to the impending ice storm will not happen.  Walkins are welcome but with an appointment you don't have to wait around until appointments are seen.  It is impossible to cancel!

Phone robot:  If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me:  ABCDEF

Robot:  POWVIS is that correct?

Me:  NO

Robot: If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me: ABCDEF

Robot: I'm having trouble understanding you.  Please go to our website................

Me:  Hanging up and cursing.

I will wait until tomorrow to schedule an appointment for Monday.

Good luck Bonnie.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought I heard that he did.🤔 Maybe it was the squirrel report that I heard.

Yes, so did I.

But that was Phil from PA as reported by Mark. Marietta and Lenny are talking about a Chuck from NY. What's the RI one called? The one in FL is called Sunny.

Saying this with a straight face! 🤣

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all my surgery is set for next Wednesday February 9th at 10:30am. I am doing exercises twice daily to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I will have my covid test on Monday two days before surgery. Getting anxious and a little nervous but considering I can barely walk now I will be glad to get this done.

Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery, Greg.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say something about my MIL.  She loved me like a daughter.  When I married her son I had a key to her house and I was welcome anytime…I did not need to call and ask if I could come stay.  I could use her house when she was out of town without even mentioning it to her…if she found out she was just pleased I’d been there.  This was especially meaningful to me as I did not have a key to either of my parents’ homes who lived in the same city.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, so did I.

But that was Phil from PA as reported by Mark. Marietta and Lenny are talking about a Chuck from NY. What's the RI one called? The one in FL is called Sunny.

Saying this with a straight face! 🤣

In RI if you are not a lobster, quahog, or calamari your opinion doesn't matter.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Amazing Race!

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It was really good tonight! 
Of course, we always say that. 
All I knew about Corsica was that Napoleon was born there. 
Seeing it tonight made me want to see more of it!

Not a surprising outcome, although I was somewhat glad to see the tables were turned.  I too now want to visit Corsica.  The outdoor adventure course looked like a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Amazing Race!

I will watch it later this week.  Curling doubles was on and well I love curling.  Not enough to stay up all night to see the next match at 1:30 a.m.  LOL  P.S.  last olympic games my neighbor and I stayed up past 3 in the morning to watch the finals.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Did the coastal boardwalk. Seas are pretty rough.

ACFB183E-46E0-4414-8CCB-0F13ACA682B9.jpeg

F530F255-E5CA-47D1-9B72-FEB61C578462.jpeg

F968ED1E-0E33-4A37-A33B-4338C5FF23CA.jpeg

3692642E-9EA8-4F7A-9C62-91754BBBD459.jpeg

FEA4A493-59E5-40C9-A816-CA2B069FA838.jpeg

That looks like an amazing place to take a walk.  Incredible views.

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lots of nice walks to do in the Bouddi National Park, but check for toilet paper before using the toilets….

Good advice anywhere!  Can you spare a square? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Amazing Race!

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not a surprising outcome, although I was somewhat glad to see the tables were turned.  I too now want to visit Corsica.  The outdoor adventure course looked like a lot of fun.

I really wanted to watch last night especially because of the location. However, I was so tired I couldn't stay awake past 8:30 and went to bed. I think the stresses of finding a way home and catching up in the office after a week away all caught up with me.😏

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

New Englanders are known for making a run on bread & milk whenever a storm is forecast. I never understood this. If I’m going to be stuck at home, I want the kind of goodies you purchased.  And lots of wine.  

I grew up in the north the first ten years of my life.  It was always a run on milk, bread and eggs.  I remember my mom making my sister and I to walk to the store to get those before every storm.  But she never made us French toast.   😞. Whenever I see the milk, bread and eggs really low in the stores before a storm (hurricane now) I think of all those people at home making French toast. 🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wishing a mild case and a speedy recovery for Jim.

Thank you, Renee, he's good!

11 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope Jim’s COVID stays mild and you don’t get it. 

Thank you, Mimi!  If I'm going to get it, I hope it's now, so that I test negative for our cruise!😉

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It was really good tonight! 
Of course, we always say that. 
All I knew about Corsica was that Napoleon was born there. 
Seeing it tonight made me want to see more of it!

Corsica is so beautiful!  Watching the contestants going through the streams and rock slides was amazing!  I think we all knew who would be going home last night.  It was inevitable.

@Luckynana I hope Jim’s Covid symptoms remain mild and that you either don’t get it, or also have a mild case.  
We made it to Ft Lauderdale late this afternoon. This is our 1st time doing an air bnb.  It’s smaller than I expected, but immaculate and conveniently located not too far from Las Olas Blvd in the Victoria Park neighborhood.  Weather looks fabulous for the next week - high 70’s with lots of sunshine.  

Have a wonderful time in Ft. Lauderdale, Deb!  I loved living there.  Yes, you will be having perfect weather while you are there.  Your air bnb may be small, but immaculate is the condition we all hope for!

Jim just feels like he has a cold that is running it's course.  I'm waiting until tomorrow to take the test, since 2 of our grandsons had first tested negative last month, and two days later they tested positive.

We are very fortunate that our linaii has full sun from morning until late afternoon, so staying in isn't going to be too bad at all!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Found the same video on YouTube for those who don't use Instagram

Oh, that was great!  My grandsons were always putting their action figures on top of the Roomba.  They loved watching it going through the rooms with their figures getting a ride!

• Haha 3

New Englanders are known for making a run on bread & milk whenever a storm is forecast. I never understood this. If I’m going to be stuck at home, I want the kind of goodies you purchased.  And lots of wine.  

Unfortunately they do that here in the midwest. Toilet paper gets hit hard too.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for a successful operation Greg on February 9th.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.

• Like 1