Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just checking in since I’ve been a little pre-occupied. I’m back to work tomorrow and have been preparing for that. Nate won’t have me around to nag him 😉

He’s still recovering pretty well and says he feels like he’s ahead of the game. 

Meanwhile, I usually always take Sam to a groomer but wanted to attempt it myself...HAHAHA lesson learned386F482F-291C-4084-856A-0670368D0B86.thumb.jpeg.6294a2f9de206905de3052ac670e50e5.jpeg

It grows back. Trust me. We never took ours to the groomers. They had plenty of marginal haircuts over the years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Operation “Fox Relocation” has started. First move is to empty the coverall of bales, the empty structure will entice them to find another home. We have also put out a bush camera to track their movement and times to see if there is any pattern.

A few of the bales on the move to a new home. 

78A56C82-B7C3-473E-8BE2-FF9FE6AD8AE4.thumb.png.17120fd4b66dee56b3c6d93f71e1e27e.png

Lucy appreciates the effort. 

4C452C3D-CFEB-44AD-A084-6DFDE1703AFD.thumb.jpeg.e3b838b6319d5231d65f315df2ba166a.jpeg

That’s a lot of work to do to relocate some foxes. Can’t you trap them in animal friendly traps and relocate them?

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

just checking in since I’ve been a little pre-occupied. I’m back to work tomorrow and have been preparing for that. Nate won’t have me around to nag him 😉

He’s still recovering pretty well and says he feels like he’s ahead of the game. 

Meanwhile, I usually always take Sam to a groomer but wanted to attempt it myself...HAHAHA lesson learned386F482F-291C-4084-856A-0670368D0B86.thumb.jpeg.6294a2f9de206905de3052ac670e50e5.jpeg

That’s not to bad. We tried that years ago with a Persian cat we had. Tried to give her a lion cut. She looked horrible. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Beautiful animal. Please do not harm them. They deserve to live. Just keep Lucy inside or send her to me.

Who’s going to kill the rats? I’m guessing that’s Lucy’s job?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's a long time. Although our lockdown in the SF Bay Area is indefinite, so it may be for a similar length of time. Although many local businesses may close altogether as a result. We are keeping our fingers crossed for eventual good news about more widespread distribution. 

That's a shame.

We liked the bay area when we stayed 2 nights pre cruise in SF last November.

IMG_20191117_091403.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So Uber runs in the UK?  Many places in Europe don’t allow Uber. 

There's been some legal challenges especially in London but they are still operating. I first used them on my last Florida cruise nearly two years ago, but I've used them a couple of time here in uk. 

I haven't used uber eats yet but my kids say it's easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

There's been some legal challenges especially in London but they are still operating. I first used them on my last Florida cruise nearly two years ago, but I've used them a couple of time here in uk. 

I haven't used uber eats yet but my kids say it's easy. 

We always use Uber when visiting London they offer an excellent service.

• Like 1

Our Daytona HOG Chapter are doing rides this year to Historic Homes. I lead a ride to six of them with the group of 7. It was a chilly 45* when we left. 

DeBary Hall (DeBary)

DeLand House (DeLand)

Dr Mary Bethune Home (Daytona Beach)

Lililian House (Daytona Beach)

Hochkiss Home (Daytona Beach)

Casements (Ormond Beach)

Next week riding to St Augustine for 4 Historic  Homes. 

15C82B50-A9AB-48F8-9801-5D46C8CB1082.jpeg

E14D65B8-F5D5-4592-AEC4-C3EB966464AF.jpeg

460CD781-F298-479F-A7B4-8733ED4346F8.jpeg

CDF50183-F551-4D80-9F45-F76FA9EA498E.jpeg

F5C97034-9836-4529-BE78-F12A9E04E23F.jpeg

B3A4773F-ACCF-46CB-8BAB-5FB333801651.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Our Daytona HOG Chapter are doing rides this year to Historic Homes. I lead a ride to six of them with the group of 7. It was a chilly 45* when we left. 

DeBary Hall (DeBary)

DeLand House (DeLand)

Casements (Ormond Beach)

15C82B50-A9AB-48F8-9801-5D46C8CB1082.jpeg

E14D65B8-F5D5-4592-AEC4-C3EB966464AF.jpeg

460CD781-F298-479F-A7B4-8733ED4346F8.jpeg

CDF50183-F551-4D80-9F45-F76FA9EA498E.jpeg

F5C97034-9836-4529-BE78-F12A9E04E23F.jpeg

B3A4773F-ACCF-46CB-8BAB-5FB333801651.jpeg

Great selection of motor bikes 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

DeBary Hall (DeBary)

DeLand House (DeLand)

Casements (Ormond Beach)

Do you get to walk around the historic houses and grounds? Or is it just a drive by? 

Over here we have the National Trust which maintains hundreds of places of interest such as castles, ancient monuments and historic homes and grounds, as well as parks, woodlands and coastal paths. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Do you get to walk around the historic houses and grounds? Or is it just a drive by? 

Over here we have the National Trust which maintains hundreds of places of interest such as castles, ancient monuments and historic homes and grounds, as well as parks, woodlands and coastal paths. 

We are just doing a drive by at this time. I personally will not go indoors with a group of people. My call. Maybe later when things get better.  If it was just the boss and I, we might pay a visit inside. I feel riding my motorcycle in the wind, is not only safe but mentally helpful. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I learned to ski in the Catskills.  It was perfect for a day trip. Killington also became my preferred resort for long weekends trips or even week long trips, My friends would hit Bear Mountain early while I studied the trail map to see how far I could ski without having to get on a chair lift, hence a lot of meandering trails between the various peaks.  Even though we rented a condo, we'd often be out eating at the Wobbly Barn or Casey's Caboose.

You might be surprised. When I first got married and bought a house, money was tight so I stopped skiing for 5-6 years. When I went back, it was like riding a bicycle. Of course, that's was when I was still in my 30's. 😏

Forgot all about the Wobbly Barn.  Great place.  We definitely spent a few nights there.  I'd love to think that strapping on a pair of skis would be just like riding a bicycle, but trying again after 5-6 years in your 30s is a little different than trying again after 25+ years at 59 with lower back and knee pain (which was likely in large part due to mogul skiing).  I think I've permanently traded ski trips for cruises.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm enjoying cooking

I enjoy it occasionally, but as a fun thing to do rather than a daily chore.  Maybe that will be different with an Egg. 😁  My wife does most of the cooking.  When she says that we're going out or ordering take out, I say "yes ma'am".  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've started to wear 2 masks when I absolutely have to go shopping for groceries/meds/vegetables/etc. -- one from cloth which fits tight, and the blue one on top of it....

For christmas my SIL, ICU Charge Nurse, gave all of us the full face shields she wears at hospital.  I wear that with my 3 layer face masks whenever I must go to food store.  Our freezer is well stocked with lots of stuff from omaha steaks and local fish market. 

I'm back to working at home after a couple people in my office tested positive last week.  

It is said too many people become lax with washing hands, etc.

I carry in my purse medical grade wipes that Erics transplant doctor had prescribed a couple years ago.   I always wipe down shopping cart.  Nothing new to me, I have done this for a couple years now.   

The prescription We get a box of 1000 wipes delivered every 90 days.   Never use that many so I gave out a bunch to family, friends and neighbors.  

This is not the time to let our guard down.   I'm hoping we see proof the vaccines are working in coming months.

Take Care!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoy it occasionally, but as a fun thing to do rather than a daily chore.  Maybe that will be different with an Egg. 😁  My wife does most of the cooking.  When she says that we're going out or ordering take out, I say "yes ma'am".  

Our XL is in storage and right now the large is stuck in the garage. Need to make room to move it out for a cook.  I look forward to cooking up a good steak. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

DeBary Hall (DeBary)

DeLand House (DeLand)

Casements (Ormond Beach)

Looks like a lot of fun and a great way to get some fresh air.  Seeing "DeLand" reminded my of the Bob and Tom Show.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like a lot of fun and a great way to get some fresh air.  Seeing "DeLand" reminded my of the Bob and Tom Show.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Not sure about the Bob and Tom Show but Deland is a nice old college town (Stetson).  Beautiful oak lined roads and a neat old downtown. Just don’t blink or you will miss it.  The brick streets are a little bumpy on the motorcycle. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure about the Bob and Tom Show but Deland is a nice old college town (Stetson).  Beautiful oak lined roads and a neat old downtown. Just don’t blink or you will miss it.  The brick streets are a little bumpy on the motorcycle. 

I don't remember Tom's link to DeLand (he may have had a DJ job in South Florida when he was younger?) but they had a running gag anytime there was a news report involving DeLand.  Why do they call it DeLand?  Because it's by DeSea.

• Haha 1