Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoy it occasionally, but as a fun thing to do rather than a daily chore.  Maybe that will be different with an Egg. 😁  My wife does most of the cooking.  When she says that we're going out or ordering take out, I say "yes ma'am".  

We'll get takeout pizza for lunch today

53 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Our XL is in storage and right now the large is stuck in the garage. Need to make room to move it out for a cook.  I look forward to cooking up a good steak. 

Won't sous vide do that🤔

Or have I been misled

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not a fan of Steak SousVide. Much rather cooked on BGE. 

i still have some Lamb Racks in Freezer I’ll SousVide soon   

I have one. Do you cook it whole, or slice into lollipops 

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sear on BGE or in a grill pan?

You want high heat for the sear.  BGE would work well but seems like a lot of time/effort to get it up to heat for just a couple of minutes.  

Edit: We usually use a pan with butter for our steak sears but will use the gas grill if we want grill marks

Edited by bobmacliberty

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You want high heat for the sear.  BGE would work well but seems like a lot of time/effort to get it up to heat for just a couple of minutes.  

Edit: We usually use a pan with butter for our steak sears but will use the gas grill if we want grill marks

Agree, that is the way I did my NY eve filet.  Really hot grill pan.  Although, can’t you do the BGE for a hot sear?

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Agree, that is the way I did my NY eve filet.  Really hot grill pan.  Although, can’t you do the BGE for a hot sear?

I'm not a BGE expert (don't even own one...yet) but my understanding is that you can get them VERY hot...maybe even hotter than a pan on a stove.  You certainly COULD sear on a BGE.  It would take 15-30 minutes though to load it up with charcoal and get the fire going enough to reach a high temp.  More trouble than it's worth for a 2 minute sear.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky won't eat take out or restaurant pizza....he likes my homemade...and I love to make it. 😉 

Do you have a secret sauce recipe?  In my opinion, it's the sauce that makes the pizza, with the crust a close second.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a BGE expert (don't even own one...yet) but my understanding is that you can get them VERY hot...maybe even hotter than a pan on a stove.  You certainly COULD sear on a BGE.  It would take 15-30 minutes though to load it up with charcoal and get the fire going enough to reach a high temp.  More trouble than it's worth for a 2 minute sear.

Clean, load, lite, wait. 

Maybe Rory can get his going faster with his flame thrower. I'm not there yet. Probably takes me 30-45 minutes to hit 600 degrees

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do you have a secret sauce recipe?  In my opinion, it's the sauce that makes the pizza, with the crust a close second.

Most time I just keep it simple with a smearing of pure tomato paste (can't stand the flavored ones).  It's my fresh toppings that make my pie.  😉   My last Pineapple, BBQ chicken, bacon pizza had no sauce at all on it...except what little BBQ sauce clung to the BBQ chicken.  The Pineapple was from we grew ourselves even.  

My crust is homemade as well...yup..get out the flour and make a mess.  😄 

Hey... I am on "routine lockdown"...time is my friend.  🤭

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Then it wouldn't be a secret, now would it 😉

Did you ever watch one of the latter Kung Fu Panda movie....his Dad finally tells him the secret to his secret ingredient soup...  "There is no secret...it's just noodle soup".  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did you ever watch one of the latter Kung Fu Panda movie....his Dad finally tells him the secret to his secret ingredient soup...  "There is no secret...it's just noodle soup".  😄 

Our very first cruise was on the Disney Wonder when our kids were fairly young.  We had a great waiter (the waiters follow you to the different restaurant venues) who was really funny.  He said something that we still say in our family today..."Soup is just water with stuff in it".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1