Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

They are sending him for an echocardiogram.  He finally was able to call me, he sounds better but is very tired from being up all night.  They were going to let me sneak in  to see him but my daughter just brought me home from dropping his bag off.  I told him I would get there and they would take him for the echo so not worth the sneaking in!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, singinalot said:

I got the hairs done and we made our visit to the bank all while it’s been snowing ALL day. It’s now turned to sheer ice outside. Meanwhile, my dad is visiting my grandma for the weekend and sent me drone shots to tease me. We’re now in full on drone wars

. 🙂

Restaurants have just reopened here and we are heading to a locally owned german restaurant for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate Nate’s bday (Monday). I am so anxious to eat in a restaurant again! After that it’s time to get my game face on and get ready for our February trip. Meal plan is all mapped out. I’m prepared to be hangry for the next month.

Ooh do tell where you are going in February.  Is it somewhere you will post a report for?  #sodesperateforatripreport.   😊😊

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our routine day has turned into a nightmare.  Last night we had to take Charlie to the ER.  Blood pressure would not come down and his Transplant doctor told him to go.  After waiting all night for info they are now saying kidneys are involved.  He is admitted but, naturally, no rooms ready yet.  We can’t go see him so have to drop his things off when they finally get him into a room.  Luckily, he is near home a d not in Manhattan.  Thank God I have our four kids nearby, they have been great.🙏

Oh no. Prayers that this turns around quickly for you and your family. 

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you so much.  Waiting to hear if he gets a room.  He was a bit cranky but I guess that’s a good sign.  My heart hurts😔

It takes a lot of energy to be cranky, so yes, definitely a good sign. 

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our routine day has turned into a nightmare.  Last night we had to take Charlie to the ER.  Blood pressure would not come down and his Transplant doctor told him to go.  After waiting all night for info they are now saying kidneys are involved.  He is admitted but, naturally, no rooms ready yet.  We can’t go see him so have to drop his things off when they finally get him into a room.  Luckily, he is near home a d not in Manhattan.  Thank God I have our four kids nearby, they have been great.🙏

I’m so sorry to read this. 

For the couple throwback pictures...the first was from Celebrity Summit, and the port was Nassau from an excursion.  The second ship was Serenade, and the boat on its side was port of Key West. 

So today, we did a little traveling to tend to parents graves. Decided to walk a little of the Erie to Pittsburgh trail.  

5772AC88-0B28-47F2-998B-C8FF4B8D970F.thumb.jpeg.83c063dfabb3bbacb9747321cdcf3e03.jpeg

The trail here follows the Allegheny River, through an area rich in oil history. Came across several operating wells. 

818C8588-3ADB-45ED-B293-C88AAAD766A8.thumb.jpeg.75166319b4af284236a8668802f27e61.jpeg

The oil feeds by gravity to the tanks. 

EB68290F-03C9-487E-81E0-0B08730310BE.thumb.jpeg.e0ade94167c35f12952e9e7f825abb16.jpeg

We came across the River Ridge farm, built in the late 1800’s. 

2FBDCA72-41F0-4304-BC1C-D98B11C28A09.thumb.jpeg.5ad73124557967988a2fe80f77a5cf4e.jpeg

The large, 33 room mansion on the hill was built in the early 1900’s. 

24D4B30C-D9E1-430A-94AB-86EDDDD9365C.thumb.jpeg.a7714ecfe33158593eeeb81d10b24bc7.jpeg

The video is of one of the wells that was pumping.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What call was that?  The fumble that wasn’t. I thought they got it right. 

He clearly stood up before being touched.  Should have been a fumble.  Colts fans can probably complain about the second sideline catch that was reviewed late in the first half (may not have gotten both feet in but not enough video evidence to overturn...just like the fumble).  Doesn't matter at this point. On to the Ravens.  Good friend of mine is a Browns fan and we'd love to see a Bills-Browns AFC Championship game.  😁

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

He clearly stood up before being touched.  Should have been a fumble.  Colts fans can probably complain about the second sideline catch that was reviewed late in the first half (may not have gotten both feet in but not enough video evidence to overturn...just like the fumble).  Doesn't matter at this point. On to the Ravens.  Good friend of mine is a Browns fan and we'd love to see a Bills-Browns AFC Championship game.  😁

I believe they determined he was touched while he was down.  This stuff happens so fast and the Ref’s are pretty good. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe they determined he was touched while he was down.  This stuff happens so fast and the Ref’s are pretty good. 

Unless a call went against your team and they ended up losing.  Then it's all the ref's fault.  Everyone loves to blame the refs.  I agree that they do an amazing job overall, especially with the speed that things happen.  Close calls usually end up balancing out in the end.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Okay all, Charlie has an echocardiogram this morning (still no room!).  If it looks good they are sending him home!!!! He will need to coordinate with Columbia about medication changes.  I guess after getting a new heart 17 years ago changes happen. So far blood pressure is good.  Thank you to everyone for your concern and prayers.  Hope someday to be able to meet as many of you as possible❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay all, Charlie has an echocardiogram this morning (still no room!).  If it looks good they are sending him home!!!! He will need to coordinate with Columbia about medication changes.  I guess after getting a new heart 17 years ago changes happen. So far blood pressure is good.  Thank you to everyone for your concern and prayers.  Hope someday to be able to meet as many of you as possible❤️

Great news. We continue to think about you guys. 

Any clue why he couldn’t get a room in NY Hospital?

M8

• Like 1