Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

went to a local mountain town, Manitou Springs, home of the manitou incline (#death) and did a wine tasting with a couple of friends in the park. another beautiful fall day in colorado.

tried my first porter...and really my first beer in I don’t know how long. 

Not a fan of Pumpkin beer....not a fan of pumpkin anything actually.....but the Malbec seems like a excellent choice for cool, crisp autumn day.👍🥂

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

It was great having all the girls here especially when you have an only child and she is a princess.

I can't even begin to imagine the excitement of having your only daughter getting married -- it's no doubt a very special time for you and DH.

Congrats and be happy that both of you are planning a wedding 🌷🌼🌻

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Saturday was a very expensive day for us.

Found the wedding dress of our DD's dreams  (uh $$$$$$)  and booked a reception venue for next summer.

Let's just say my DH had 3 drinks with dinner, when he finally found out how generous he was.

Credit card got a lot of action, I keep telling him look at the points we are getting............cruise money.  

Today shoes, and cleaning up after the bridal party leaves.

It was great having all the girls hear especially when you have an only child and she is a princess.

Stay safe.

My son is getting married in 2 weeks.  Small private service.  Originally the wedding was in March 2021, but the venue told them it would have to be 15 people only.   They moved their big wedding to March 2022, and decided to have a civil ceremony now.  Looking at your post made me remember how much easier (less expensive) it is with a son.  Congratulations to your daughter and family.  Exciting times.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@A&L_Ont your photos make me want to make another visit to Canada. My mom once lived in Calgary, AB, and we had some amazing road trips up there. I haven’t been to the eastern side of Canada I don’t think. Pics are beautiful.

Thanks. Hopefully the border will be open sooner than later for you to come on over.  As it stands it appears as though the border closure will be extended again on October 21st so it might take a bit of time. Calgary is a beautiful but the winter is rather tough. 

In the meantime I love your sunset photo from last night. One day I want to come to Pikes Peak to watch the races and drive the route.  There are so many beautiful places waiting to be seen. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Freighters still occasionally tie up here for the winter, but there are still months in the shipping season left. 

Months?

Tell that to Captain McSorley😉

That good ship and true was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Calgary is a beautiful but the winter is rather tough. 

Full disclosure, I live in Atlanta with a mild climate.  I have been to Calgary in the winter, and I think you are underselling it with "rather tough".  I'm not sure the "rather" is needed.  I'm guessing @singinalot is in Colorado (awesome Pikes Peak picture) and may have a different scale.  

Love your pictures.  While I've been in Atlanta over 30 years I grew up in Syracuse New York, and crossed into Canada many times, when the border was very different.  A lot of reasons we went to Canada, including Brador. 

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

My son is getting married in 2 weeks.  Small private service.  Originally the wedding was in March 2021, but the venue told them it would have to be 15 people only.   They moved their big wedding to March 2022, and decided to have a civil ceremony now.  Looking at your post made me remember how much easier (less expensive) it is with a son.  Congratulations to your daughter and family.  Exciting times.

Yes, it is a tad costly.

Thank God we have an only child, and yes it is soooo much fun.

The venue can hold upto 500 people normally, but with social distancing it will be meeting our needs.

We are looking at 225-250 ish people, and they meet the new state guidelines.

And yes, congratulations on your sons upcoming marriage.

Stay healthy

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Full disclosure, I live in Atlanta with a mild climate.  I have been to Calgary in the winter, and I think you are underselling it with "rather tough".  I'm not sure the "rather" is needed.  I'm guessing @singinalot is in Colorado (awesome Pikes Peak picture) and may have a different scale.  

Love your pictures.  While I've been in Atlanta over 30 years I grew up in Syracuse New York, and crossed into Canada many times, when the border was very different.  A lot of reasons we went to Canada, including Brador. 

Thank god Atlanta has a mild climate.

Our last winter up there 😉

2014 Atlanta Snowpacolypse

Screenshot_20201018-140008_Facebook.thumb.jpg.5df1fb6fae617e1f5622aaae944d96db.jpg

Screenshot_20201018-140027_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bee02905d33e4e55d1c50b1dd29eec99.jpg

Did you get caught in it?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Thank god Atlanta has a mild climate.

Our last winter up there 😉

2014 Atlanta Snowpacolypse

Did you get caught in it?

John, first lesson I learned when I came from Upstate New York:  They don't plow, they don't have chains or snow tires, they don't know how to drive in snow, they will hit you.  So I stay home. It always melts in a day, and then you go out. I think it was 3 inches of snow and it shut down the city.  Next day it was gone.

Doesn't matter if grew up driving in snow, the other cars can't.

5a9d4579-5453-44f8-a843-1d37b453e397_750x422.jpg

NOT THE OPENING OF THE WALKING DEAD!

Please note the "snow" in this picture.  Admittedly because they don't plow or sand, it is actually ice that causes the problem.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Domino D said:

John, first lesson I learned when I came from Upstate New York:  They don't plow, they don't have chains or snow tires, they don't know how to drive in snow, they will hit you.  So I stay home. It always melts in a day, and then you go out. I think it was 3 inches of snow and it shut down the city.  Next day it was gone.

Doesn't matter if grew up driving in snow, the other cars can't.

5a9d4579-5453-44f8-a843-1d37b453e397_750x422.jpg

NOT THE OPENING OF THE WALKING DEAD!

Please note the "snow" in this picture.  Admittedly because they don't plow or sand, it is actually ice that causes the problem.

I seem to recall it was around 2 inches. 

I was work from home that day. Laura was at lunch, and decided to just come home. 

Spent the next 12 hours watching it unfold and texting friends stuck in it.  I knew people that ended up not making it home and spentvthe night with friends of friends.  For the most part the city came together sheltering folks.

And all over 2 inches of snow

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I seem to recall it was around 2 inches. 

I was work from home that day. Laura was at lunch, and decided to just come home. 

Spent the next 12 hours watching it unfold and texting friends stuck in it.  I knew people that ended up not making it home and spentvthe night with friends of friends.  For the most part the city came together sheltering folks.

And all over 2 inches of snow

Same story for me.  Had a friends pregnant daughter in law, who had to leave her car and walk to my accountants house who put her up for the night.  Was nice to see people helping each other, and simultaneously sad to see what 2 inches of snow did. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We got this this much overnight a few years ago. It’s all relative though.

Lucy was not a fan. 

E72C78BD-F79E-4835-888E-638768500F2B.thumb.jpeg.f6ae1720a7ab5db029237a0f1d7e5b00.jpeg

If that happened in Atlanta, we give up the city and move to Florida. 

Picture quoted because M8 did.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. We had a few steaks leftover from our cook on Wednesday. We decided to cook them tonight before they went bad. They are great for steak and eggs. 

I wasn’t rushed so I paid more attention to detail to get the grill marks correct. 

Two skinny ribeye and two sirloin. 

C08569B5-8179-4A21-A4F6-C0F86E0F10DE.jpeg

1DED7D09-9210-4111-B440-C66A06FF6A5A.jpeg

A848DB71-C792-4A35-AEF2-46BC93C6E303.jpeg

D9B8F894-5069-4819-AD33-8066FAD1EB4E.jpeg

9BC7E15A-DA69-4D1B-AAB3-516830548A21.jpeg

EE0876A0-5A96-4D8A-A585-842D0DE2D02E.jpeg

871D3C77-C59F-4B68-AE24-B254FA4B6F19.jpeg

How didvthe XL perform

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

They looked pretty good to me Rory

Thanks JC. The ones I cooked on the XL Wednesday didn’t have the grid marks I like. I don’t think I let it get hot enough. It was a virgin cook on the XL. I let the coals get hotter next time. 

I’m pretty used to cooking on the L BGE. But it took me a while to get the hang of regulating the vents for proper cook. 

M8

I think I know the answer to this question before asking, especially with this audience, but I'll ask anyway.  When we move into our new Florida house, I'll have the opportunity to set up the outdoor cooking area from scratch.  Is it worth investing in a BGE?  What else would you suggest that we include outside?  I currently have a Weber gas grill, hard piped to natural gas, but I'd like to step up my game.  There is something to be said though for near instant heat at the push of a button.