Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We're in Week 20. Still nothing open here. No Bars, gyms, haircuts, nail salons. Restaurants are outdoor dining or carryout. Indoor retail at 50%, but no malls. :classic_sad:

I have a dentist appointment on Monday. One patient at a time. Teeth cleaning, but no polishing allowed. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Closed the hurricane shutters today since we are leaving town for a week

I wish we got the shutters.  We installed the screens and they are a pain to install.  We have to get someone to install them for us.  

3 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I wish we got the shutters.  We installed the screens and they are a pain to install.  We have to get someone to install them for us.  

In Arizona? :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Our windows are electric, but one isn't working. Need to fix it. Thought I had more time. It faces north

Wow, had no idea a tropical storm was potentially heading to Florida this week.  Actually I should have known because we were  SUPPOSED to be on the Harmony this week for our 35th wedding anniversary cruise. Maybe next year I guess.  I hope any storm fades out and all is well for all friends in Florida.  We love Florida.  Of course we're in SC so watch it go to SC instead... just call us Hurricane magnets:classic_ohmy:

Edited by torpeedo
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our windows are electric, but one isn't working. Need to fix it. Thought I had more time. It faces north

There was a $10K difference in prices.  Sorry we made the cheap decision.  Good news is we put them up in late July and take them down in mid October.

So around here, work is work. Owen’s baseball and soccer season were long cancelled.  Summer hockey camps have been cancelled as well. Lucy has been sleeping through the dog days of summer. Literally. LOL.  Lisa has been hanging by the pool and inside. 

We have had 1/2 inch of rain over the last 5 weeks.  We also had a big storm that spawned 6 tornadoes and a water spout in our area of the province. The nearest one was 7.4 miles upwind from us. We had some tree damage on our farms but all the buildings remained as they should. 

Some examples and all on our land.  It was all with half a mile from edge to edge. I’m thinking it was a microburst maybe. I guess the corn will grow better now under where the trees were. Winter wheat is off and the corn is taller than me. LOL, Owen is almost taller than me. 

1B4C688F-7D8F-4391-8DF0-A0C1F0EC09B3.thumb.jpeg.ef673cb540a4cae99dbd01ecb32dd8a1.jpeg

AB317C5B-C5D9-4C02-97E0-9A910DABF142.thumb.jpeg.9359f295e421bac2bb80246062cc04b8.jpeg

C09BAB17-4E18-4B21-B05D-015A258200EF.thumb.jpeg.36428bfceeab74c13dfed923e13aec55.jpeg

DB342BFE-F8DB-41F7-8F78-AC2C2729EF17.thumb.jpeg.25e8e3c3dd0e577a9c9152984d90cbd4.jpeg

BE88FEE9-7284-4364-834B-F3DDA7803866.thumb.jpeg.22483a0ad7a18431d1fcfccefc2dd591.jpeg

25F2D19B-D99D-4F6A-BB55-70E360829CFA.thumb.jpeg.a4a458ce8e813d7533d9d42e9b5e3ec6.jpeg

C14592BE-FCCE-499F-B3BD-CD2811813E1B.thumb.jpeg.301086aeccf558471c2426d841379d7d.jpeg

53E4FD36-02FE-421A-B6D8-156398E31E8C.thumb.jpeg.ce0ac395c2f37aa18353ca3d51f452dd.jpeg

EC9D0DCB-0A20-4AB5-9E3D-12EF5B236334.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had decided to grow out my short hair before the pandemic hit, so I just cheerfully let it grow until it got about where I wanted it.  Just when i was ready to get it trimmed and shaped, the governor closed the hair salons again.  So...I cut it myself.  I don't know if anyone is old enough to remember the haircut on the boy from the Buster Brown shoes ads, but that will give you a good idea of what I look like.  Hope the salons open again soon, but I'll take Buster Brown over risking opening too soon🤕.

Pat

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Wow! That was some tree damage. "Like " doesn't really seem appropriate to react to the photos. :classic_wink:

Pretty crazy considering we do annual tree work here. It was Mother Nature’s pruning, but she doesn’t stick around to help clean up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vistapat said:

I had decided to grow out my short hair before the pandemic hit, so I just cheerfully let it grow until it got about where I wanted it.  Just when i was ready to get it trimmed and shaped, the governor closed the hair salons again.  So...I cut it myself.  I don't know if anyone is old enough to remember the haircut on the boy from the Buster Brown shoes ads, but that will give you a good idea of what I look like.  Hope the salons open again soon, but I'll take Buster Brown over risking opening too soon🤕.

Pat

My husband trimmed mine around the bottom...and it looks like Buster Brown, too. I was trying to think of a description, and that is it, exactly! :classic_biggrin:

Not so routine here this evening.  I’m watching the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens play hockey.  Stanley Cup fever officially begins on 1 August.  A little weird watching hockey in empty arenas at the end of a hot July day!!

Oh yes....I trimmed a couple of big cedars earlier this morning.

Edited by d9704011
  • Thanks 1

Sunday was a bit exciting. Crop dusting day here, with a fungicide which was was not the exciting part.  Last year the corn, in our larger local area, had mold.  With the same weather this year was done for preventative measure. There was a lot of price docked due to it last year. 

The support/refill truck was stationed at my mom’s, in what is now wheat stubble.  They used it as a base for our place and surrounding farms that we’re getting treated.  They actually land the chopper on the roof of the support truck to refill, instead of flying back to the local airport.

I could also hear the planes out today in this morning spraying. The chopper has a lot faster turn time compared to the plane. We had our own air show for a little while this weekend. 

8547288C-5B75-4B97-9BDF-6D7D530ADD97.thumb.jpeg.adbd00672e2a2202bdd337f2074f0017.jpeg

BE637D72-1DB1-4979-B8F8-B22DE523AB85.thumb.jpeg.c9d79bfd8b6658fb5f01d05ab4257de9.jpeg

Our closet pass was about 30’ beside us, much closer than this. 

ACDB0808-A02C-4ED1-A081-9BDD8FAE772C.thumb.jpeg.a6686a653b0bca8ddb8541957eed6646.jpeg

How about a little video. I thought he was going to hit the barn on the one pass.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pretty crazy considering we do annual tree work here. It was Mother Nature’s pruning, but she doesn’t stick around to help clean up. 

Everyone busy down here trimming the palms this week. 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Some examples and all on our land.  It was all with half a mile from edge to edge. I’m thinking it was a microburst maybe. I guess the corn will grow better now under where the trees were. Winter wheat is off and the corn is taller than me. LOL, Owen is almost taller than me. 

When do you generally get your first snow?

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Everyone busy down here trimming the palms this week. 😉

That so sounds like a euphemism, that could be used in the villages. 😂

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

When do you generally get your first snow?

Usually in November there is a little in the sky but nothing measurable.  Mid to late December Is when it might typically amount to something. Been in the 100F plus range here for a while. 

• Like 1