Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

well...who doesn’t like a challenge 🤦🏼‍♀️

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Today, my uncle had 2 stents put in. 85 and 90% blockages. 

I mean....starting out 2021 with a bang.

oh and switching gears and looking to a dif part of Florida now. 🤣

Things happen in 3's my Mom always says.  So you are all good now.     Hopefully the others will recover as well as Nate 😊

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is a blogger that I follow on YouTube.  Bradley Freisen is his name and he is from British Colombia.  Some might recognize him from being on Dragon’s Den in Canada. That’s the original Shark Tank for those south of the border. He made a deal with all the Dragons but ended up going on his own. It was a hangover recovery drink. 

His adventures are mainly about adventures he and his dog have in the back country of BC in their chopper. Sometimes with guests and sometimes just with them. If you love the scenery check out some of his other ones. 

I showed Lisa and Owen his latest video from today, and Owen immediately says “I’d love a dog that would fist bump with me”.  I quickly followed with “we are going to get a chopper before we get a dog”. 😂

Turn up and enjoy the scenery. 

AWESOME!!!

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How does it get the smoke flavor?  Personally, you cook too fast and too high temperature that is really not low and slow. You should try a butt cooked low and slow. 

I have been telling him that all day.  Welcome to the club

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like I won the lottery.  After calling 100 times to try to get one of the 2,800 vaccinations available through the health department I stumbled upon an online registration for one of the 1,000 vaccinations at a drive up clinic at the community center on Thursday and secured a spot.  So here is hoping all goes well and I get the first shot.  I think it will be the Moderna version.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Wow what a terrible day.

Fortunately your sisters boyfriend was seen in time.

Your uncle was fortunate to get those stents in before he had a cardiac arrest with that level of blockage.

Nate sounds to be making a nice recovery.

Good luck in finding a property in Florida.

We love Orlando especially WDW and all the shopping outlets.

Take care and happy house hunting.

Graham.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Neither of my parents is doing well. We arent starting off very well either. My dad just cant force himself to eat and drink enough and has been so weak the last 2 days he can barely sit up or get out of bed and my mom is always exhausted. I dont think my dad will make it thru covid.

Normally I would take him to ER but I dont think he can manage on his own and dont know they would let mom stay with him and dont think hospitals the safest place with so much covid. Things are bad here too.

Sorry your year is starting off downhill too.

Dallas says it will take until july before they can start to vaccinate the general population. They have no idea even when they can start 1B like my parents vaccinations. Weeks at best as they says tens of thousands more of 1A to do but starting next monday they will receive more doses 2k a day. Here they will do all 1A before 1B from what I understand and expect those 2 lists to take until July. .. my parents need to protection. ..though I cant afford to get sick from it either as I'm their lifeline for food and necessities, drug pick ups for instance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They look well fed for being homeless 😺

Many kitties feeders here...

_DSC2261.JPG

My friend is also one of them, and I was so surprised when one day, coming back to her home in her car (I've left my car in her parking),  lots of kitties were waiting for her and their food. She told me that they know the engine's noise😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

_DSC2261.JPG

My friend is also one of them, and I was so surprised when one day, coming back to her home in her car (I've left my car in her parking),  lots of kitties were waiting for her and their food. She told me that they know the engine's noise😁

Do they have a program to fix them?  Here they do and put a notch in their ear. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

_DSC2261.JPG

Wow!  It is sad to see but wonderful to see your friend caring for them.   

Poor babies😺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do they have a program to fix them?  Here they do and put a notch in their ear. 

One of the cats, previously known as Cory, now named Sparky I got from a rescue shelter end of november has the tip of his ear cut off to show he was vaccinated and fixed as he previously lived in one of these colonies.   Now he is one spoiled boy.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Neither of my parents is doing well. We arent starting off very well either. My dad just cant force himself to eat and drink enough and has been so weak the last 2 days he can barely sit up or get out of bed and my mom is always exhausted. I dont think my dad will make it thru covid.

So sorry to hear this.  We have friends who's parents went through a similar situation.  Both tested positive.  Mom wasn't looking good at all and both said that they would never go to a hospital.  Mom then fell and broke her hip which forced a hospital visit.  A week+ in the hospital with dad not allowed to visit followed by recovery time in a nursing home.  Dad was weak both physically and mentally from the stress.  They are both now recovered from Covid and their mom is also recovering from her hip.

They were preparing themselves for the worst, and it certainly looked like things were headed in that direction, but things look much better now on the back side.  Keep your hopes up.  Wishing your parents a speedy and full recovery. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

sounds delicious.   Now that I am working from home again, I can play in the kitchen during the day.    There are perks to do this virus and working from home 🙂

I generally hate cooking, but now that we’re both WFH (and can’t go out to eat in restaurants), we are doing HelloFresh and love it 🙂. However, if we ever end up going back to the office, there is no way we’ll continue...  It’s way to time consuming for “real life”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Normally I would take him to ER but I dont think he can manage on his own and dont know they would let mom stay with him and dont think hospitals the safest place with so much covid. Things are bad here too.

Oh no, so sorry to hear about your Father.  Does he have covid or other medical issues?

It is really a shame that hospitals do not let visitors.  Human touch by a loved one has great healing powers.

I hope your Father pulls through.

• Like 1

Since we are talking about cooking and meals that we enjoy.  I must say I do  all the meal planning and cooking here.

We eat mostly chicken, fish, pork and turkey.

This week our daughter is home from Kentucky and said she would serve us dinner.

Now she is just starting to develop her culinary talents and she did not want to blow it, so she decided to play it safe and  carry in a local food from one of the nearby restaurants that I actually never ate at.  She wanted to surprise me.

So was I ever surprised when they (oh she brought the finance) arrived home with packages of food.

The labeling on the bags must have been spanish.

TACO BELL.

Now I know why I never ate there.

I had a taco and something supreme, it was not that bad, but filling it was.

I'm cooking tonight.

Shrimp Alfredo with creamiest sauce.

Salads

Green beans

fresh biscuits.

Might enjoy a "skinny pirate" beverage as I cook.

Be safe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Since we are talking about cooking and meals that we enjoy.  I must say I do  all the meal planning and cooking here.

We eat mostly chicken, fish, pork and turkey.

This week our daughter is home from Kentucky and said she would serve us dinner.

Now she is just starting to develop her culinary talents and she did not want to blow it, so she decided to play it safe and  carry in a local food from one of the nearby restaurants that I actually never ate at.  She wanted to surprise me.

So was I ever surprised when they (oh she brought the finance) arrived home with packages of food.

The labeling on the bags must have been spanish.

TACO BELL.

Now I know why I never ate there.

I had a taco and something supreme, it was not that bad, but filling it was.

I'm cooking tonight.

Shrimp Alfredo with creamiest sauce.

Salads

Green beans

fresh biscuits.

Might enjoy a "skinny pirate" beverage as I cook.

Be safe.

OK, I think she is on the disinherit list. 🤣

• Like 1