Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Gorgeous video and very cool dog.  I like the dog's headset even better than the fist bump. 

He wears them in all his videos. Bentley the dog even had a craft beer named after him. He also had a fairly substantial leg surgery but came through that too. 

I will find the beer video I’ll post it later. 

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Since we are talking about cooking and meals that we enjoy.  I must say I do  all the meal planning and cooking here.

We eat mostly chicken, fish, pork and turkey.

This week our daughter is home from Kentucky and said she would serve us dinner.

Now she is just starting to develop her culinary talents and she did not want to blow it, so she decided to play it safe and  carry in a local food from one of the nearby restaurants that I actually never ate at.  She wanted to surprise me.

So was I ever surprised when they (oh she brought the finance) arrived home with packages of food.

The labeling on the bags must have been spanish.

TACO BELL.

Now I know why I never ate there.

I had a taco and something supreme, it was not that bad, but filling it was.

I'm cooking tonight.

Shrimp Alfredo with creamiest sauce.

Salads

Green beans

fresh biscuits.

Might enjoy a "skinny pirate" beverage as I cook.

Be safe.

One of our sons loves taco bell.  When he graduated college and got his first apartment I think he lived off of taco bell till he realized how much money he was spending every week.  Personally, I can live without taco bell.  

If in the mood for a taco I like to make a shrimp or fish taco.  Yummy!

Edited by Sunshine3601

Speaking of food... We were so disappointed in the BBQ place on Oasis...  While the stuff tasted really good, they left the membrane on our ribs.  WTH?  Is that even a thing?  Every rib recipe we've tried (we've only done smoker and instant pot recipes), specifically tells you to remove the membrane prior to cooking.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Neither of my parents is doing well. We arent starting off very well either. My dad just cant force himself to eat and drink enough and has been so weak the last 2 days he can barely sit up or get out of bed and my mom is always exhausted. I dont think my dad will make it thru covid.

Normally I would take him to ER but I dont think he can manage on his own and dont know they would let mom stay with him and dont think hospitals the safest place with so much covid. Things are bad here too.

Sorry your year is starting off downhill too.

Dallas says it will take until july before they can start to vaccinate the general population. They have no idea even when they can start 1B like my parents vaccinations. Weeks at best as they says tens of thousands more of 1A to do but starting next monday they will receive more doses 2k a day. Here they will do all 1A before 1B from what I understand and expect those 2 lists to take until July. .. my parents need to protection. ..though I cant afford to get sick from it either as I'm their lifeline for food and necessities, drug pick ups for instance. 

Sorry to hear your mam and dad are unwell.

You can buy or get on prescription drinks like Fresubin we got for Pauline's late mam and dad which are full of nutrition in a drink form when solid food is hard for them to take.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Neither of my parents is doing well.

So sorry for you and your parents -- you're stuck between hard choices.

It's quite a dilemma. Just now I've seen statistics on TV about the amount of people who contacted Covid while being in a medical establishment -- 16%...

May be Graham's suggestion above can help getting their strength back.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry for you and your parents -- you're stuck between hard choices.

It's quite a dilemma. Just now I've seen statistics on TV about the amount of people who contacted Covid while being in a medical establishment -- 16%...

May be Graham's suggestion above can help getting their strength back.

The drinks came in several different fruit flavours so Ruth and Roy could pick the flavours they wanted.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Speaking of food... We were so disappointed in the BBQ place on Oasis...  While the stuff tasted really good, they left the membrane on our ribs.  WTH?  Is that even a thing?  Every rib recipe we've tried (we've only done smoker and instant pot recipes), specifically tells you to remove the membrane prior to cooking.

Mostly only personal cooks and competitive cooking remove the membrane. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

sounds delicious.   Now that I am working from home again, I can play in the kitchen during the day.    There are perks to do this virus and working from home 🙂

You got it!  Got turkey breast slow cooking for dinner tonight, pairing with mashed pots, and steamed broccoli.  Tomorrow Bucky gets into the action making his homemade spaghetti sauce, I will make garlic bread from scratch to match!  😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love to cook and bake.  I just hate the clean up.   Currently, we do take out probably twice a week.  I love my weekly chinese take out.

In our house...I cook...Bucky cleans up. Well trained husband.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

In our house, I cook and I do the dishes, the DW puts up the dishes after.  Even better trained husband.😇

LOL!!   Since I love to cook, and Bucky has maybe two meals he feels comfortable cooking...the kitchen is mine until clean up time.  He even gives me grief if I try to help.  😉 

I also plan all the meals, shop for the groceries....then cook and serve.  Hey...I am on lockdown...what else do I have to do anyway?  😄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL!!   Since I love to cook, and Bucky has maybe two meals he feels comfortable cooking...the kitchen is mine until clean up time.  He even gives me grief if I try to help.  😉 

I also plan all the meals, shop for the groceries....then cook and serve.  Hey...I am on lockdown...what else do I have to do anyway?  😄  

I do pour the wine. 🍷😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got a call from Brevard County health dept. at 8:30 last night.  Poor woman trying to catch up on her call backs, at least being able to work from home.

She had to verify my birthdate, remind me to bring filled out health form, and picture ID.  

Asked her how early to get into drive up lane, which she told me only just before appointment time, as they are spread out pretty well.  Then it will be over to the 15 minute observation area, and will get appointment for second shot at that time.  

I was pretty impressed by how they are running things....or so I think they are...time will tell when I get there on the 14th.  

• Like 3

Dentist cleaning and check up today.  Looks like I will be losing one of my wisdom teeth next month, though not decayed...just as preventative due to spacing next to crown they put in last year.  I still have 3 of them, (one impacted one was taken out in the early twenties).  Oh well...it is what it is.  $$$  Ouch in more ways than one. 

I wonder if the tooth fairy is still working?  Hope she is wearing her mask.  😄 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Now THAT is what I call the perfect husband.  😉 

But in my defense I'm also in charge of making the spaghetti sauce. I also do all the grilling. And I also do KP duty when Kathy does the cooking and any other duties as assigned. I've become a pretty damn good sous chef. 👨‍🍳

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2