Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Appetizer platter, then a 12 lb spiral ham (for 5 adults & a toddler LOL) glazed with apricot preserves, Dijon mustard & spiced rum. We also had mashed potatoes, roasted green beans and a carrot cake for dessert.  I’m ready for bed.

5213F84C-38F3-492A-B2E1-2DEAB5DE1C31.jpeg

CDCBFC5F-62BD-4359-A181-E2E56683A902.jpeg

Looks delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The first several times I saw your name I always thought of HEB the grocery store.

Happy Belated Birthday to Eric. I’m about 12 pages behind and trying to catch up.

Thank you.  He enjoyed his BD and we had a nice Easter.

Hope you are too!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope that was as good as it sounds!

It was a excellent brunch , started with bloody Mary’s, then a nice bottle of Cabernet, three course brunch I had the lobster eggs Benedict, better half had rack of lamb, our favorite singer entertain us with Sinatra, Carol King and one of my favorite Dylan songs , even had a deviled egg before the three courses. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

This afternoon Mom came over and we shared one of my favorite meals: chicken and dumplins.

I just took her to the nearby lake for a bit while Nate is working on her car4F3BE04E-3828-4A77-B5E2-C188A4DC7EA3.thumb.jpeg.641bf93a7bba871ab54bdb3afc60846b.jpeg

173E5D94-B65A-4237-8E1C-E7CAED6013A6.thumb.jpeg.71c8010296e99e2038808d9f8ebb48b0.jpeg

16DE6EF7-697A-4013-889F-320B31CFDD5B.thumb.jpeg.997ca8ee543e3b6657aa8e34599bc491.jpeg

063274EF-5EFF-4B57-8E04-BDAD6CBC3060.thumb.jpeg.04841bb4a8402814f5a08f4b00aacaf1.jpeg

3FA70103-6761-4C22-85FC-A1CCBDD4B544.thumb.jpeg.65009ac3758041d440dd3c2dc483cbcc.jpeg

Crystal...

Is your mom going to move with you? You will really miss her!

• Like 1

It has just passed mid day here and it is a freezing 32°F but sunny.

After sitting in the sun yesterday we have a covering of snow today with more forecast for today and tomorrow.

Currently watching a house buying program A Place in the Sun on HGTV.

The British couple are being shown houses in Bradenton and Tampa Bay Florida.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos Pat.

Wow My ears would be ringing forever with Pauline's screams if that was in our back garden.

Oh I shouted "holy crap" when I saw it...but that was just to race off and get my camera.  I took a few pics from inside, but the screen made it fuzzy.  So, yeah...I walked outside to take the better shots.  😮

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is an Italian pie made with ricotta, mozzarella, hard boiled eggs, eggs grated cheese and I use prosciutto but you can use sausage or whatever you like.  Great hot or cold!

Sounds delicious!!  😋

• Like 1

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you!

On Friday I received a laundry list of items needed from the finance people. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Been trying to gather all of that and clean the old house all weekend. The only thing left is to mop. 

I still can't find it...how did the appraisal go on your soon to be old house?  Seems I remember the buyers were waiting on that to finalize?  Hope it all went well and congrats on the move!  🙂 

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Lots of development going on in Colorado! This lake and the other lake photo you posted both look like they are man-made. (There is nothing wrong with that) But are they building lakes and then putting houses near them? :classic_smile: I am just curious about things in other states. 

Happens all the time in Florida.  They call them retention ponds.  In Florida I call them "retention lakes estates".  😉   We have several in our community...a favorite of the Alligators.  😄 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

5CDC1221-31BD-4591-A4C7-D4B3A75F095B.thumb.jpeg.7d3ace0ab9981d6b048e85f1cb9a4fd9.jpeg

The son of a friend of mine graduated from SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) recently with a film making degree.  SCAD has done a lot for Savannah.  They've purchased and restored many old buildings in the downtown area and now use them as part of their campus facilities.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The first several times I saw your name I always thought of HEB the grocery store.

Happy Belated Birthday to Eric. I’m about 12 pages behind and trying to catch up.

Thank you.  He enjoyed his BD and we had a nice Easter.

Hope you are too!

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you!

On Friday I received a laundry list of items needed from the finance people. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Been trying to gather all of that and clean the old house all weekend. The only thing left is to mop. 

Crystal - For your consideration...the former owners of our new house left a short hand written welcoming note and a bottle of champagne in the house for us when we moved in.  We were very impressed and thought, "what nice people". Certainly not necessary, but something that we plan to also do when we sell our Ohio house.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Crystal - For your consideration...the former owners of our new house left a short hand written welcoming note and a bottle of champagne in the house for us when we moved in.  We were very impressed and thought, "what nice people". Certainly not necessary, but something that we plan to also do when we sell our Ohio house.

Nice touch.  When we bought our house from my in laws all they left was all their 30 year old furniture they weren’t taking with them.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

We had a nice Easter Brunch with my Brother and his family that is fully vaccinated.  His MIL was allowed out of her assisted living facility to join us.  It was cute how giddy she was to be out of her facility.

Then we came home to do yard work.  Eric got the riding mower started while I was weed whacking I saw the tractor was smoking.  Eric got off and lifted the engine hood and flames started shooting out of the front then the carbeutor.  I got the fire extinguisher out of shed and by then grass was fire and flames were getting larger.  

Lots of melted wires and plastic coverings.   No idea what caused the fire but time for the graveyard.  

Time to shop for a new one.  Ugghhh!

At least he got the backyard done as it really needed it.

• Like 4

Got the kayaks loaded on Bucky's little rag top Jeep, food loaded in the "land yacht" and heading to Silver Springs state park this afternoon.  Could only get three nights, but it is in one of our favorite campsites there.  🙂  

Should be good kayaking weather. 

Happy hour today sitting under the awning at our "RV Patio".  😉 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nice touch.  When we bought our house from my in laws all they left was all their 30 year old furniture they weren’t taking with them.

There were a few things left in our house also, 2 TVs and a small refrigerator in the garage, but the sellers asked if we wanted them. Yes please.  You can never have enough televisions or fridge space. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Then we came home to do yard work.  Eric got the riding mower started while I was weed whacking I saw the tractor was smoking.  Eric got off and lifted the engine hood and flames started shooting out of the front then the carbeutor.  I got the fire extinguisher out of shed and by then grass was fire and flames were getting larger.  

Lots of melted wires and plastic coverings.   No idea what caused the fire but time for the graveyard.  

Are you sure it wasn't sabotage?  Had Eric been talking about needing a new riding mower recently??  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There were a few things left in our house also, 2 TVs and a small refrigerator in the garage, but the sellers asked if we wanted them. Yes please.  You can never have enough televisions or fridge space. 

We had a huge yard / house sale where anything attached or not was for sale , then brought in the 40 yard dumpster and gutted the house to the studs.  Converted from electric radiant heat to FAG, redid all the electrical (old was aluminum), furred out walls to allow 6” of insulation, windows,  22’ steel beam in basement to replace supporting wall, kitchens, bathrooms etc. would have been easier to buy new but we liked the area. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no!  Happy he was not hurt!   That would freak me out.  😮 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a nice Easter Brunch with my Brother and his family that is fully vaccinated.  His MIL was allowed out of her assisted living facility to join us.  It was cute how giddy she was to be out of her facility.

At least he got the backyard done as it really needed it.

Almost sounds like mice built a nest near a heat source and it caught fire as the tractor ran.  Thankfully no one got hurt and the mower was outside and not in the garage.  Still doesn't help resolve a crappy situation though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Almost sounds like mice built a nest near a heat source and it caught fire as the tractor ran.  Thankfully no one got hurt and the mower was outside and not in the garage.  Still doesn't help resolve a crappy situation though.

Yes, that is very possible and I mentioned that possibility to Eric.    Oh well, Eric gets to buy a new toy!   Shame it was only about 8 yrs old. 

Old one was a cub cadet, he's thinking maybe a John Deere this time.   

I felt like we were at the demolishing derby.  

• Like 1