Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Sad news and prayers for the family.

But on the flip side, those people left this world doing something they loved.

Indeed, the views from above were breathtaking. Even without the latest accidents, though, I wouldn't do it again -- I was paralyzed by fear.

The pictures I took [without my "designated photographer"] just don't do justice to the sheer beauty of Misty Fjords.

P1040231.JPG

P1040242.JPG

P1040245.JPG

P1040250.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Unfortunately it’s not good news. Per KTUU Anchorage the wreckage had been located . No survivors, 5 pax plus pilot . Ship will depart later this evening. 

Very sad. My prayers for the family and those affected.

• Like 2

Tonight is cruising for cocktails and my weekly Below Deck fix. I know most of you have seen this weeks episode. Thanks for not spoiling it. I do expect future fireworks. Sounds like had Sandy known everything that Lexi did she would have fired her. I guess it's a matter of time.

• Like 3

Colonoscopy done. One polyp removed, Dr believes it to be benign but will of course be checked.  Last time he had 3 benign polyps removed, so 🤞.  
He also claims he was awake for the whole procedure & watched it on the screen - paperwork shows he was given fentanyl & midazolam, so I doubt it, LOL.  
Also, last night he told me that when he got home, he wanted to order takeout - clam chowder, stuffed clams and a fried clam roll.  He had 2 sips of water when we got home, then konked out on the sofa where I imagine he’ll be for several hours.  
Oh, procedure now is that a nurse walked him out instead of allowing me to go inside. I was waiting at the exit door. He told the nurse and me he was fine, didn’t need anyone to hold onto him, then promptly walked into a handicap parking sign…and tried to get into the wrong car 🤣.

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Colonoscopy done. One polyp removed, Dr believes it to be benign but will of course be checked.  Last time he had 3 benign polyps removed, so 🤞.  
He also claims he was awake for the whole procedure & watched it on the screen - paperwork shows he was given fentanyl & midazolam, so I doubt it, LOL.  
Also, last night he told me that when he got home, he wanted to order takeout - clam chowder, stuffed clams and a fried clam roll.  He had 2 sips of water when we got home, then konked out on the sofa where I imagine he’ll be for several hours.  
Oh, procedure now is that a nurse walked him out instead of allowing me to go inside. I was waiting at the exit door. He told the nurse and me he was fine, didn’t need anyone to hold onto him, then promptly walked into a handicap parking sign…and tried to get into the wrong car 🤣.

Great news.  Glad it went well (assuming the polyp will be benign).  I also had some benign polyps removed.  The only negative is that they want me back again in 5 years (coming up shortly) rather than 10 to be safe.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Colonoscopy done. One polyp removed, Dr believes it to be benign but will of course be checked.

Great news. I know they like to double make sure benign, but I'm sure it will be fine. His story sounds like mine as far wanting to go home and sleep. I was out of it too. The car sequence is hilarious and not surprising. That sedation is wild.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

He told the nurse and me he was fine, didn’t need anyone to hold onto him, then promptly walked into a handicap parking sign…and tried to get into the wrong car 🤣.

Glad everything went OK.

Hopefully, you were the driver.

Here they make sure you either have a "designated driver" or a taxi...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Tonight is cruising for cocktails and my weekly Below Deck fix. I know most of you have seen this weeks episode. Thanks for not spoiling it. I do expect future fireworks. Sounds like had Sandy known everything that Lexi did she would have fired her. I guess it's a matter of time.

I, too, have to watch this weeks episode.    Maybe tonight.

• Like 1

I swore that when I had to do the colonoscopy prep connected to various hospital wires, that it would be my last. 
Exactly five years later, I find myself with a gastroenterologist office appointment on Wednesday.

My primary and my endocrinologist are concerned about my latest bloodwork. 
My hemoglobin has dropped, and more bloodwork showed it dropped again within a month. Because I’ve been on Xarelto for five years, I guess they’re right, it should be checked out. 
My primary said I’ll probably have my first endoscopy along with another colonoscopy. Yikes!

I’ve never had an endoscopy and don’t want to start now. I told him that. 
He said “Mimi, don’t you want to live to be 90?” I told him I’m not looking forward to it. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My primary said I’ll probably have my first endoscopy along with another colonoscopy.

I started with both. Since they put you "to sleep", it really doesn't matter how many procedures they're performing on you.

Two of my [women] friends had a drop in hemoglobin, and that's the 1st test they've been sent to.

Both are OK.

Sending positive thoughts.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to hear all went well with the procedure.  

That is funny about his big plans for clam chowder, etc. and walking into handicap sign and the wrong car.    He probably won't remember but will be really hungry when he wakes up for dinner. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I, too, have to watch this weeks episode.    Maybe tonight.

So I have seen Below Deck a few times.  I am trying to figure out what season everyone is watching. When I search my cable it shows season 6, BD Mediterranean.  But I see that there is a season 8. I assume everyone is watching season 8. Are you watching it through an internet service like Netflix?

Crystal

Hope it gets better.

Love the pictures.

To the colonoscopy survivor.

Congratulations, it is done.

To future colonoscopy people.

Get it done, the test is better than ending up having any surgery to repair what could be simply fixed with the test.

Stay safe

Avoid running into signs 

Get in the correct car.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I have seen Below Deck a few times.  I am trying to figure out what season everyone is watching. When I search my cable it shows season 6, BD Mediterranean.  But I see that there is a season 8. I assume everyone is watching season 8. Are you watching it through an internet service like Netflix?

I watch it through Google Fiber on the Bravo channel but it is streamed on other services. The current season showing is Below Deck Med Season 6. The original Below Deck franchise has 8 seasons and will start airing season 9 after BD Mediterranean ends this fall. Keep in mind there is Below Deck Sailing which has 3 seasons and season 4 is filming now.

I know it's a lot. I highly recommend starting from the beginning on each franchise. You get a flow of the people and situations. It's a train wreck but a fun one at that.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I swore that when I had to do the colonoscopy prep connected to various hospital wires, that it would be my last. 
Exactly five years later, I find myself with a gastroenterologist office appointment on Wednesday.

My primary and my endocrinologist are concerned about my latest bloodwork. 
My hemoglobin has dropped, and more bloodwork showed it dropped again within a month. Because I’ve been on Xarelto for five years, I guess they’re right, it should be checked out. 
My primary said I’ll probably have my first endoscopy along with another colonoscopy. Yikes!

I’ve never had an endoscopy and don’t want to start now. I told him that. 
He said “Mimi, don’t you want to live to be 90?” I told him I’m not looking forward to it. 

Mimi,

Ask your medical team if you are a candidate for capusule endoscopy. Not everbody is, but they can evaulate.

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

BravoTV. It is on our cable system.

• Like 2