Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What our visiting friends request the most:

Dealey Plaza

Southfork Ranch,  IMO a total waste of time

TX bbq

Ft. Worth

Shopping

We have done stockyards with them in past, since we will be 100 outside they have been in pool all morning, will stop for a appetizer by Toyota music center in Las Colinas , lots of cool bars and restaurants there. Table13 for dinner tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Dallas was an awesome show!

I loved the TV show but the interior of Southfork in Parker was a major disappointment.  Very small.  Probably just used for exterior shots.  I still remember the yellow and white striped awning in the back.

BTW I hated the story line of resurrecting Bobby Ewing from the dead.  It was all a dream.  A baby was named after him on Knots Landing.  I felt so used. 😒

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I loved the TV show but the interior of Southfork in Parker was a major disappointment.  Very small.  Probably just used for exterior shots.  I still remember the yellow and white striped awning in the back.

BTW I hated the story line of resurrecting Bobby Ewing from the dead.  It was all a dream.  A baby was named after him on Knots Landing.  I felt so used. 😒

 

Agree, that was one stupid storyline!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on can opener tenant lady, she was due to leave by 11 am. 

By friend that lives on the island and cleans in between renters texted me at 1130 to say she was there but the family hadn't left yet.

I called the woman, no answer.  I texted her reminder she needs to leave today and was to be out by 11 am.  She texted back saying she was waiting for her husband and teenage boys to return from beach.  I nicely said she needs to pack up and let cleaning person in for next renter.  I lied and said they will be there at 1 pm.  

 

My friend waiting in her car said the husband showed up around noon and started loading the car.  They are out!!!

 

My friend said place was mostly clean except for sink full of dishes, etc.  Guess she didnt have time to load dishwasher.   And missing one beach badge.  I leave 4 badges for my guests as they each cost $70 or $75 for the season.

 

I texted lady to see if someone was still wearing their badge.  She said nope they are all there and maybe my cleaning lady is lying.

 

Shes done!!  I will deduct from her security deposit!! 

 

 I usually dont collect security deposits since majority of our renters are repeat clients but since I didnt know this person I did.

You were smart to collect a security deposit.  What nerve of her to tell you your cleaning lady is lying. 

I can't believe she left dirty dishes in the sink since she wasted all that time waiting for her husband and boys to return from the beach.  You must be thrilled you never have to deal with her again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

 

Your post was very interesting. I am very familiar with gender as in Italian all nouns and pronouns are male or female. Some change gender going from singular to pleural, especially body parts. For example "the arm"...il braccio is male while "the arms"... le braccia is female. Some change gender while going to the diminutive. For example "the window... la finestra, is female while "the little window", as in an airplane, is il finestrino which is male. However, it would remain female if an adjective was used to make the window small instead of using the diminutive... la piccola finestra. Adjectives take on the gender of the noun that they refer to as well as taking on the singular or pleural nature of the subject noun.

 

 

 

I've been told that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn, largely because there are so many exceptions to the grammar rules.  And I much prefer languages like Spanish where vowels always sound the same, i.e. no "hard" and "soft" sound depending on how the vowel is used.  But I've never been able to figure out genders in French and Spanish.  And Italian, being very similar, sounds much the same.  I guess it's just a matter of memorizing which gender for which situation.

 

Mini rant...I've traveled to Mexico many times on both business and pleasure and have many Mexican friends/previous coworkers.  I enjoy Modelo beer and I especially like having a Negra Modelo with a Mexican meal.  I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see the pronunciation of Modelo Americanized when being marketed in the US.  It's pronounced Mo-Day-Lo, not Mo-Dell-O.  That would probably confuse too many of us, or turn off too many potential consumers who don't like the way that it's pronounced.  End rant.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on last night at the races. They had 3 of the regular series run last night and a special series called King of the Hill. all but the last one had heats first of either 10 or 20 laps. An intermission followed and then the final races.
 

First two groups were the Bone Stock, which are safety modified “regular” cars.  Basically Chevy Cavillers or similar cars.  For our international posters here, they are a 2 door coupe with a 4 cylinder engine.  Think of it as beginners racing. Let’s just say there were many spin outs. The second was V8 Stock which is higher modified and much better controlled. 

A small sample of the two groups.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I loved the TV show but the interior of Southfork in Parker was a major disappointment.  Very small.  Probably just used for exterior shots.  I still remember the yellow and white striped awning in the back.

BTW I hated the story line of resurrecting Bobby Ewing from the dead.  It was all a dream.  A baby was named after him on Knots Landing.  I felt so used. 😒

 

 

OMG Knots Landing was awesome! Loved that show. Agree about the Bobby Ewing storyline. That was lame!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The third race series was the one which Owen’s old hockey coach was racing in. Needless to say this is the highest level of racing held here. 
 

His fiancé was seated near us so we chatted and heard about their upcoming wedding this September, house improvements, her graduation and new jobs for each of them. Pretty exciting times for the young couple, on top racing in 2 different seasons. Turns out the final race of the season was scheduled for their wedding day, to which there has never been a race that late in the season. They picked that day because there never had been a race that late in September. Turns out it was rescheduled a few weeks ago to the night before their wedding.  Sounds like it made for some interesting days for a month or so. 
 

Back to the racing.  Trevor placed 7th after the 2 heat races and was time for the feature race at the track. Instead of describing the race here are some clips VS words.  What a night. 
 


 

 

For those who just want the dirt this sums it all up.

 

25ABFB30-A86C-4FCE-9582-31D767ED4004.thumb.jpeg.bb4369e2d59aab7f5b43a7d68a5464b9.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The final race series of the night is called the King of the Hill. It is a one lap drag race, held with regular people and their own cars.  Another words any of the fans in the audience could have joined in. No one hit the wall this night but it has happened so the track announcer said. It was a blast.  There must have been about 20 entrants to which the winners would continue to move on with a cash prize at the end. 
 

There were Mustangs, Camaros, Cadillacs, Hondas, Volkswagens, pick-ups etc… no mini vans though. All the cars were driven there and are street legal. there was no rubbing and no crashes, but there were a few close calls along the way. At 1:00 in the view the truck served to miss the pit entrance wall. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The final race series of the night is called the King of the Hill. It is a one lap drag race, held with regular people and their own cars.  Another words any of the fans in the audience could have joined in. No one hit the wall this night but it has happened so the track announcer said. It was a blast.  There must have been about 20 entrants to which the winners would continue to move on with a cash prize at the end. 
 

There were Mustangs, Camaros, Cadillacs, Hondas, Volkswagens, pick-ups etc… no mini vans though. All the cars were driven there and are street legal. there was no rubbing and no crashes, but there were a few close calls along the way. At 1:00 in the view the truck served to miss the pit entrance wall. 
 

 

 

This reminds me so much of when I was young.  My father would take us to a similar looking race track in Western NY called Lancaster speedway.  I loved the speed and the noise.  I haven't thought about that place in years and had to look it up.  It's still there with a 5/8 mile oval and a drag strip.  Looks like they now have a Rusty Wallace driving experience there as well.  Good memories.

 

Edit: I just remembered that they also had demolition derbies and figure 8 racing in the dirt infield when I was young.  Doesn't look like they do that anymore from the current satellite image.  Figure 8 is probably considered too dangerous now.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

What a beautiful photo.

Your son's bride to be is very pretty.

Best wishes Sue.

Graham.

Thank you Graham and thank you to the lovely people on this thread for your good wishes.

I think my son is a very lucky chap. They compliment each other very well 

Sue

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Nice chunk of tree. I envision a nice coffee table 😉

 

Exactly what I was thinking, my husband would love a piece of that wood to make bowls or whatnot 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Graham and thank you to the lovely people on this thread for your good wishes.

I think my son is a very lucky chap. They compliment each other very well 

Sue

I think he is a lucky man and she is a lucky girl to get him and you as a mother in law.

Graham.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

I've been told that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn, largely because there are so many exceptions to the grammar rules.  And I much prefer languages like Spanish where vowels always sound the same, i.e. no "hard" and "soft" sound depending on how the vowel is used.  But I've never been able to figure out genders in French and Spanish.  And Italian, being very similar, sounds much the same.  I guess it's just a matter of memorizing which gender for which situation.

 

There is no "rule" for gender. There are exceptions but gender is determined in most cases by the ending letter (vowel).

 

Vowels in Italian don't change sound but both "C" and "G" have a hard and soft sound depending on the following vowel. To force a change in the sound contrary to the determining vowel an "H" is inserted in between.

 

And I am quite sure that I am boring everyone to death.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on can opener tenant lady, she was due to leave by 11 am. 

By friend that lives on the island and cleans in between renters texted me at 1130 to say she was there but the family hadn't left yet.

I called the woman, no answer.  I texted her reminder she needs to leave today and was to be out by 11 am.  She texted back saying she was waiting for her husband and teenage boys to return from beach.  I nicely said she needs to pack up and let cleaning person in for next renter.  I lied and said they will be there at 1 pm.  

 

My friend waiting in her car said the husband showed up around noon and started loading the car.  They are out!!!

 

My friend said place was mostly clean except for sink full of dishes, etc.  Guess she didnt have time to load dishwasher.   And missing one beach badge.  I leave 4 badges for my guests as they each cost $70 or $75 for the season.

 

I texted lady to see if someone was still wearing their badge.  She said nope they are all there and maybe my cleaning lady is lying.

 

Shes done!!  I will deduct from her security deposit!! 

 

 I usually dont collect security deposits since majority of our renters are repeat clients but since I didnt know this person I did.

I hope she’s the first and last horrible renter for  you. I would definitely take that badge from her deposit. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been 65°F and partly cloudy all day.

We went out for lunch today and had a walk by Lake Windermere afterwards.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG-20210731-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210731_122219.jpg

IMG_20210731_124005.jpg

IMG_20210731_134920.jpg

IMG_20210731_135238.jpg

Your wonderful pictures of the Lake District has me thinking of spending our 35th anniversary in September there. We were last there for part of our honeymoon 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sweet video.  Very patient and proud saba heaping praise when Itai was successful.   It all reminded me of the dreaded Hebrew School  which I endured in my childhood never knowing how handy it would come in when I lived in Israel for one year many moons later.    

Some of my friends and I went to the Bat Mitzvah of a friend who was in her 60’s. 
She worked really hard along with a few young ladies. She did it because she promised her father back when she was a young woman. 
We were so proud of her!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on can opener tenant lady, she was due to leave by 11 am. 

By friend that lives on the island and cleans in between renters texted me at 1130 to say she was there but the family hadn't left yet.

I called the woman, no answer.  I texted her reminder she needs to leave today and was to be out by 11 am.  She texted back saying she was waiting for her husband and teenage boys to return from beach.  I nicely said she needs to pack up and let cleaning person in for next renter.  I lied and said they will be there at 1 pm.  

 

My friend waiting in her car said the husband showed up around noon and started loading the car.  They are out!!!

 

My friend said place was mostly clean except for sink full of dishes, etc.  Guess she didnt have time to load dishwasher.   And missing one beach badge.  I leave 4 badges for my guests as they each cost $70 or $75 for the season.

 

I texted lady to see if someone was still wearing their badge.  She said nope they are all there and maybe my cleaning lady is lying.

 

Shes done!!  I will deduct from her security deposit!! 

 

 I usually dont collect security deposits since majority of our renters are repeat clients but since I didnt know this person I did.

Good riddance to them! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think he is a lucky man and she is a lucky girl to get him and you as a mother in law.

Graham.

Ah Graham, you truly say the nicest things 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Your wonderful pictures of the Lake District has me thinking of spending our 35th anniversary in September there. We were last there for part of our honeymoon 

The Lake District is our favourite place to visit.

The Laura Ashley Bellsfield hotel at Bowness where we were today is where we took Pauline's cousin and her husband when they came over from Australia for their 40th wedding anniversary and Doreen's 60th birthday in 2019.

We got 2 Lake view rooms which were amazing overlooking Lake Windermere.

The Inn on the Lake at Glenridding on Lake Ullswater where Prince William and Kate visited is amazing.

The Inn on the Square in Keswick is nice with a great location in the centre of Keswick.

Keswick has been crowned Prettiest town in the UK 2021.

Best wishes Sue for your son's wedding and your 35th wedding anniversary.

Graham.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on can opener tenant lady, she was due to leave by 11 am. 

By friend that lives on the island and cleans in between renters texted me at 1130 to say she was there but the family hadn't left yet.

I called the woman, no answer.  I texted her reminder she needs to leave today and was to be out by 11 am.  She texted back saying she was waiting for her husband and teenage boys to return from beach.  I nicely said she needs to pack up and let cleaning person in for next renter.  I lied and said they will be there at 1 pm.  

 

My friend waiting in her car said the husband showed up around noon and started loading the car.  They are out!!!

 

My friend said place was mostly clean except for sink full of dishes, etc.  Guess she didnt have time to load dishwasher.   And missing one beach badge.  I leave 4 badges for my guests as they each cost $70 or $75 for the season.

 

I texted lady to see if someone was still wearing their badge.  She said nope they are all there and maybe my cleaning lady is lying.

 

Shes done!!  I will deduct from her security deposit!! 

 

 I usually dont collect security deposits since majority of our renters are repeat clients but since I didnt know this person I did.

 

Yikes, will be interesting to see if she asks to rent again, of course if you take out of her security deposit, as you should, if she most likely won't.

 

We live in an area with quite a few rentals, have friends who live right next to some, it has been a very bad year, lots of noisy obnoxious renters.  Seems everyone is about themselves, what a shame.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The Lake District is our favourite place to visit.

The Laura Ashley Bellsfield hotel at Bowness where we were today is where we took Pauline's cousin and her husband when they came over from Australia for their 40th wedding anniversary and Doreen's 60th birthday in 2019.

We got 2 Lake view rooms which were amazing overlooking Lake Windermere.

The Inn on the Lake at Glenridding on Lake Ullswater where Prince William and Kate visited is amazing.

The Inn on the Square in Keswick is nice with a great location in the centre of Keswick.

Keswick has been crowned Prettiest town in the UK 2021.

Best wishes Sue for your son's wedding and your 35th wedding anniversary.

Graham.

 

Thank you for the hotel info.  It's always nice to have recommendations from someone who knows the area well 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Ah Graham, you truly say the nicest things 

Pauline and I were blessed to get the mother in law's we both got and I'm certain your future daughter in law will feel the same about you.

Graham 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...