Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!   Making the bed must be fun every morning🐱

They are busy in the morning lining up for breakfast so I have a chance.  Changing the sheets is always fun!  My Havapoo insists on his picture.Resized_20190527_144725.thumb.jpeg.9631ef1e3a7b0bf15db3b4f1bee9b2f7.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh - too cute!    Thank you for sharing.    She looks like a sweetie

She is. Before Covid I used to have "visitation rights", she has the silkiest fur ever.

They also have an "anti-social" Siamese (only "pedigreed" cats for my neighbors😁). His name is Sushi... Our "relationship" is frosty....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

@dani negreanu

this is the plan in the making...still lots of tweaks and additions to be made...likely going to end up being a 3 week trip once we add in Israel and/or Turkey

Spring 2022.jpg

Sadly, we haven't been to Jordan and Egypt. As Israelis, we're not entirely "wanted" in either country...

Jordan - we'll be only interested in Petra, which can be done as a daily trip from Eilat. Which, for us, will entail a flight to Eilat, a night at a hotel before and after Petra.

To me it seems way too much time in Jordan. Dead Sea can be enjoyed from both sides, depends on hotel and resort prices. I'm sure that the Jordan side is better.

Egypt -- I have big remorse that we didn't grip the opportunity when our youngest was in the security detail of the Israeli Embassy in Cairo. We thought we'll have all the time in the world to visit and enjoy his flat in Cairo, but then, unexpectedly, he was offered a post in Brussels. Since he was born in Brussels during our 5-year relocation to this city, he jumped at the opportunity.

I think Egypt deserves as long as you can be there. I hope we'll have the opportunity to visit in the future.

Re: visiting Israel -- may be you should check the "transfer points" between the countries. It seems to me that Israel-Jordan or vice versa will be easier than Israel-Egypt, for example.

Meantime, enjoy planning 🌺

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sadly, we haven't been to Jordan and Egypt. As Israelis, we're not entirely "wanted" in either country...

Jordan - we'll be only interested in Petra, which can be done as a daily trip from Eilat. Which, for us, will entail a flight to Eilat, a night at a hotel before and after Petra.

To me it seems way too much time in Jordan. Dead Sea can be enjoyed from both sides, depends on hotel and resort prices. I'm sure that the Jordan side is better.

Egypt -- I have big remorse that we didn't grip the opportunity when our youngest was in the security detail of the Israeli Embassy in Cairo. We thought we'll have all the time in the world to visit and enjoy his flat in Cairo, but then, unexpectedly, he was offered a post in Brussels. Since he was born in Brussels during our 5-year relocation to this city, he jumped at the opportunity.

I think Egypt deserves as long as you can be there. I hope we'll have the opportunity to visit in the future.

Re: visiting Israel -- may be you should check the "transfer points" between the countries. It seems to me that Israel-Jordan or vice versa will be easier than Israel-Egypt, for example.

Meantime, enjoy planning 🌺

When we visited Israel, I could visit Bethlehem, with a US Passport but since the boss has both Israel/US, she could not. She used her Israel passport to enter  Israel quickly, while I waited in the long line at the airport. 😇

M8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Cat pictures yippee.  Here is a picture of my six.  My English Bulldog wants equal representation.

Resized_20200417_074557.thumb.jpeg.80ac6138b9388aac1858b0ef7c976f1d.jpeg

Awww...six babies!!  Sooo sweet!  Where do YOU sleep?  😉    Katie used to make sure I slept on my left side, or she would "paw" at me.  That was "her" preferred side that was the "cuddle" side she wanted.  I can just imagine the look on my DH's face it he came to bed to find this at night.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Kitty pictures!  That’s what my life has become...Crazy Cat Lady taking too many pictures and videos!!

image.thumb.jpeg.f9ae942cc5c4db792701a16e8b9dd99d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.42891598f59a3be2012deae53f9a6b22.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cfb4bfbeddaff30b5d65aca468b22ecb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.743600d479bbfdec380033420649dbc6.jpeg

So sweet!  Nah...NEVER too many cat pictures.  Seeing these pictures are 100% better than watching all the new Covid cases on TV news!.  Nice to have a heart warming scene.  Love the "lovey kitties"!  

What a beautiful day, yard work complete including removal of the shredded canopy and the last 4 bags of leaves raked.  Ready for winter.

This was  the first time in 19 years that I have been able to remove the leaf net from the pool and clean and put away the water bags.  Usually the water bags are frozen or semi frozen by the time the last of the leaves are down so we just pull in the leaf net and leave the water bags until spring.  One job off the spring list.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

hahaha you'd love my finance planning tab then!  I too like the planning almost as much as going.

Lol maybe it's because it's just me. I don't plan anything except buying enough to read. I'm sure it annoys my TA I dont keep track of finances or remember exactly how much I owe when. 

Since its just me I can spend whatever and no one else cares, except my TA

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just wondering -- she can't just give up her Israeli passport, i.e. not renew it when it expires? I imagine she has to go to the Israeli consulate in Miami for renewal?

Yes, We went to Miami to renew her Israel passport. I think she likes keeping her Israel passport. She was born in Israel and has family there. 

M8

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww...six babies!!  Sooo sweet!  Where do YOU sleep?  😉    Katie used to make sure I slept on my left side, or she would "paw" at me.  That was "her" preferred side that was the "cuddle" side she wanted.  I can just imagine the look on my DH's face it he came to bed to find this at night.  😄 

This is where they sleep during the day.  At night unless it is cold they hang out in their cat pen outside if they are inside they are in the living room or in the dining room.  The white tractor dogs sleeps in bed at night.  Sometimes one of the grey ones sleeps next to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

She is. Before Covid I used to have "visitation rights", she has the silkiest fur ever.

They also have an "anti-social" Siamese (only "pedigreed" cats for my neighbors😁). His name is Sushi... Our "relationship" is frosty....

My GodMother had a Siamese when I was a small child.     That cat hated everyone, but her Master.    I would come in the front door and it would hiss and growl immediately.    So if you get only "frosty" then you are doing pretty good.    

yes, Licci has a beautiful coat.   Looks very soft and silky.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Domino D said:

Edit: I am probably the only one that is as excited by this as the cat pictures

I'm with you.  I'm more excited by the spreadsheet.  I use OneNote for all of my planning.  I have a notebook dedicated to cruising with a different tab for each cruise.  Within each tab, I have pages for  various things...Royal communication, excursion research, detailed itinerary, confirmations, etc.  The OneNote file is on the cloud so I can work on it from any computer/phone/tablet and it all stays sync'd.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm with you.  I'm more excited by the spreadsheet.  I use OneNote for all of my planning.  I have a notebook dedicated to cruising with a different tab for each cruise.  Within each tab, I have pages for  various things...Royal communication, excursion research, detailed itinerary, confirmations, etc.  The OneNote file is on the cloud so I can work on it from any computer/phone/tablet and it all stays sync'd.  

Sounds a lot like my system.  I usually print it as a pdf so I can refer to it in the Kindle app or Books app.  I like that I can print everything to one note and then organize the entire trip.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My GodMother had a Siamese when I was a small child.     That cat hated everyone, but her Master.    I would come in the front door and it would hiss and growl immediately.    So if you get only "frosty" then you are doing pretty good.    

yes, Licci has a beautiful coat.   Looks very soft and silky.   

My mother had a Siamese when we were in high school.  Probably the reason I have dogs and not cats.  Same as you mom's.  That cat would sit with her and purr away, but everyone else got a swat and hiss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Petra is amazing!  We were fortunate to go there twice while leading tours of the Holy Land.  The Treasury is at the end of a spectacular ride or walk through the Siq Canyon.

If you enjoy Indiana Jones, watch the latter part of the "The Last Crusade."  Just make sure to "Choose

wisely!"

• Thanks 1