Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Quite a bit of rain this morning and a bit windy. Honesy, I've experienced much worse. We will see what the rest of the day brings. Local authorities have asked people to stay away from the beach so that is the first place I, and plenty of others, went as soon as I got up this morning.

Are you sure you aren't a Floridian?  That is what we do here besides having hurricane parties. Have a good day with no damage.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Quite a bit of rain this morning and a bit windy. Honestly, I've experienced much worse. We will see what the rest of the day brings. Local authorities have asked people to stay away from the beach so that is the first place I, and plenty of others, went as soon as I got up this morning.

Yesterday, the center of Henri was supposed to come straight through the center of CT starting around 8 P.M. Sunday night.  They are now saying, (as of 3 hours ago), it is shifting more towards the east and will hit the CT/RI border around 2 P.M.

STAY SAFE

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

✌️ Henri will be "lost in translation" 😉   

Seriously, hoping the damage will be minimal.

It has been raining hard since yesterday at 6PM,however,since we still have power I decided to come on here.The worst is yet to come.There is some flooding that I can see from my bedroom window but not hear my house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Shared the news on Bella page that our Grandson arrived Friday night.

Everybody else, this is Felix.

Resized_Resized_20210820_231653.thumb.jpeg.265e44afc4f8112e0de0ec3876b46a9a.jpeg

Everyone is doing great, and headed home this afternoon 

Congratulations to everyone in your family!  I have a feeling that grandma and grandpa will spoil him!  Cannot wait to see when he meets Bella🥰

Happy Birthday Felix.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Boy was Sandy that long ago, seems like it was only a couple of years, not 9.

That was one nasty storm that impacted our home in Pa as well as our home in LBI.

Prayers and best wishes to everyone that may be impacted tomorrow.   Let's hope Henri fizzles out!

90% of the town I live in had damage from Sandy.We had none.So far everything is okay here.

We have a water body 1 block west of out condo and another a few blocks east.We are 10 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and there is a lake in our development.We hope that we will not flood although as I posted a few minutes ago I can see that the main roadway in the development has flooded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Quite a bit of rain this morning and a bit windy. Honesy, I've experienced much worse. We will see what the rest of the day brings. Local authorities have asked people to stay away from the beach so that is the first place I, and plenty of others, went as soon as I got up this morning.

TSOD... Martha's Vineyard... another island off the Massachusett's coast for those who don't know.

20210822_073439.thumb.jpg.17f21f051881d80d1dc54258cea8f395.jpg20210822_073432.thumb.jpg.16aded45cb75d4e9bc3f4e0243c6b0d2.jpg

I love going to the beach to watch the ocean during a storm, as long as there is no lightning.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

90% of the town I live in had damage from Sandy.We had none.So far everything is okay here.

We have a water body 1 block west of out condo and another a few blocks east.We are 10 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and there is a lake in our development.We hope that we will not flood although as I posted a few minutes ago I can see that the main roadway in the development has flooded.

Here in Pa we had several inches of rain last night.  I had a watering can on my patio that filled up over night.   

Little breezy here but we were no where near the storm.  Hopefully your area will be ok.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in Pa we had several inches of rain last night.  I had a watering can on my patio that filled up over night.   

Little breezy here but we were no where near the storm.  Hopefully your area will be ok.

There was a report last night that the wind could get as high as 110mph.

Currently it is 13mph.It is raining very hard and getting dark.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny

Hoping tomorrow is not a difficult day for you and your DH.

Wishing good luck for tomorrow to any posters on here from Long Island or the metro area.

We brought in our deck furniture to the porch and are hoping that Henri changescourse out to the Atlantic.

My daughter and SIL who live near us came here Friday night and took our deck furniture inside.They tied up the things that had to stay outside.Then did the same on our upstairs terrace.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

To all those who might be affected by "Henri", sending tons of positive thoughts.

Stay safe !!

We are trying.My daughter who lives upstate came to a friends house in NYC yesterday .They went to the concert in Central Park.She drove home after they had to leave due to the storm.I am happy that she got home safely but not that she decided to drive during the rain.

• Like 2