Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

nurse mode into action. 

Thank god you were there to give him care. Great job Sue. He was lucky to have you there. Hopefully the rest of your time can be fun and not lifesaving.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@harryfat1

 

I like your wife's hat.

 

Thanks for the review and the pictures, brings back fond memories.

 

We've been twice to Orlando and once to LA.

 

We've tried Paris just days after opening (1992), but they were so unorganized that we gave up standing in line to buy tickets after 2 hours....

 

We were at the opening of Disneyland in CA and then at the opening of Disneyworld FL 1972.

Have not been back to either one since.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@harryfat1

 

I like your wife's hat.

 

Thanks for the review and the pictures, brings back fond memories.

 

We've been twice to Orlando and once to LA.

 

We've tried Paris just days after opening (1992), but they were so unorganized that we gave up standing in line to buy tickets after 2 hours....

 

Hi, Dani,

 

I don’t have quality pictures as I’m impatient in trying to set up the perfect shot but what I lack in quality, I make it up in quantity. You may not see get best pics from me, but you sure will see lots of it.

 

My wife is very handy, so she made her own Mickey ears and face masks for the family (YouTube was her best friend). The Mickey Mouse Face masks we were wearing were home made.

 

Here are couple of her Mickey ears from December 2018 when we were in WDW.

 

333841893_723344907_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.thumb.jpeg.84f7e13de29f4ddf5d5914e1c4bfed3b.jpeg

 

20181224_202056.thumb.jpg.518d5a7eda3b190452a7b645c0fdd62b.jpg

 

 

In case it’s not obvious, our whole family really enjoy Disney parks.  My wife and I spent first part of our honeymoon at WDW and then did a Celebrity cruise after that.  So Disney & cruises are equally weighted in our family vacation priorities.

 

Somewhere down the road, we will go to Paris Disneyland as we want to see them in the order they were built: We have seen California then Florida then Japan. What’s left is Paris, then Hong Kong and finally Shanghai.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Continue with day 3:

 

Couple more pics from Star Wars Land before we headed out:

 

Saw Chewie hanging around the Falcon

 

20210809_133849.thumb.jpg.e6a86a3d432be1c3967177c6e06a71f2.jpg

 

Not sure who this is from the Star Wars Universe.  If anyone is a big fan, please let me know.

 

20210809_133734.thumb.jpg.eeda59e2c5ae6cde037f91a98c0f2317.jpg

 

 

As it was getting hotter by the minute, it was time to try to escape the heat and do an indoor ride.  That meant “Small World” as it’s around 15 minutes and has A.C. 

 

Small World area in Disneyland is very elaborate with the façade front. If you come here during the holidays, it’s all pink and they change out the Small World song to play Holiday music.  Totally different experience. 

 

Small world with no special holiday overlay

 

20210809_135156.thumb.jpg.ea36bfcc7302c82032c3d1ce88d52f8b.jpg

 

Here’s an old picture from our December 2015 with the Holiday overlay

 

20151226_214948.thumb.jpg.90aad41328d0e96f47bf0bcdea5ad974.jpg

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think you are right. I hope that is the case. I will be real interested in what percentage they sail at. Will it be 35% or more?

A similar situation happened with my Symphony October 2 cruise.  A few weeks ago it showed at least the balconies sold out.  Since Antigua was replaced with St Thomas and then the rules changed for St Thomas, there are now balconies available.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So one of the iconic dessert at the Disney parks on both coasts is the Dole Whip pineapple soft serve.  Just Google it or search it on YouTube and you will see lots of info on it. As with all things Disney, it’s not cheap but Cheapo Dad is willing to splurge once a day on special treats.  We ordered it on the phone app but even then, the wait to finally get one from start to end took over 40 minutes.

 

20210809_144952.thumb.jpg.b7d37e59259bc4e249bd75f98ed2b050.jpg

 

As we sat around Main Street eating our dessert, a Disney float came by

 

Let it Go, Let it Go…

 

20210809_150443.thumb.jpg.d998ce1726d03c027bb2fcba3f6c7124.jpg

 

Actually after I came home I realized that Float looked familiar and sure enough, it was the same Float used in the December 2015 parade. Guess Frozen is timeless/season less…

 

Same float from Christmas 2015 parade

 

20151224_132726.thumb.jpg.1740b59d5f99b41da5badd6774f4bd3a.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Since Antigua was replaced with St Thomas and then the rules changed for St Thomas, there are now balconies available.

That makes a lot of sense that things would open up after people cancelled. There's no way for any reason that I would cancel this upcoming sailing. I don't care what I have to do, what I have to wear or any other rules and restrictions.  Because this dog knows what he needs.

Sea_Dog_The_Ocean_Is_Calling_small.jpg.9f1a8159150ec489393c6d7822bd624f.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

So one of the iconic dessert at the Disney parks on both coasts is the Dole Whip pineapple soft serve.  Just Google it or search it on YouTube and you will see lots of info on it. As with all things Disney, it’s not cheap but Cheapo Dad is willing to splurge once a day on special treats.  We ordered it on the phone app but even then, the wait to finally get one from start to end took over 40 minutes.

 

20210809_144952.thumb.jpg.b7d37e59259bc4e249bd75f98ed2b050.jpg

 

As we sat around Main Street eating our dessert, a Disney float came by

 

Let it Go, Let it Go…

 

20210809_150443.thumb.jpg.d998ce1726d03c027bb2fcba3f6c7124.jpg

 

Actually after I came home I realized that Float looked familiar and sure enough, it was the same Float used in the December 2015 parade. Guess Frozen is timeless/season less…

 

Same float from Christmas 2015 parade

 

20151224_132726.thumb.jpg.1740b59d5f99b41da5badd6774f4bd3a.jpg

 

 

 

I thought the Dole Whip Pineapple soft serve thing was only available in Hawaii.  But then we saw it at the San Mateo County Fair and then at Disneyland.  We had to have one so we splurged also.  Ordered it on the app.  We didn't wait as long as you though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@harryfat1 Harry I am enjoying your trip and your pics look great. i started reading your Indy review and love it. Great detail, funny and I love all the pics. Your Canon camera looks awesome.

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad the link/pictures still work from many years ago. I used to drop in the pictures via Flickr and other web hosted pages as the old CC forum was not user friendly in uploading photos from phone or home computer's C drive.  I was worried those pics would be gone now as I no longer have Flickr account after they tried to extort money out of me when they went from free service to paid service.

 

We started being lazy and stopped carrying around the old lumbering cameras the past several vacations.  Cell phones have improved so much throughout the years that it's really simple to use.  But it does have its limits in not really able to zoom in or take fast moving pictures like SLR/Zoom cameras can.

 

We are looking to do an Alaska cruise in summer of 2022 (Covid willing).  For that, I will probably have to bring out the big guns and get the SLR and mega zoom cameras as Alaska scenery demands better cameras.  But for Disneyland, the thought of walking around the park carrying a big camera is not appealing...

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Continue with day 3:

 

Couple more pics from Star Wars Land before we headed out:

 

Saw Chewie hanging around the Falcon

 

20210809_133849.thumb.jpg.e6a86a3d432be1c3967177c6e06a71f2.jpg

 

Not sure who this is from the Star Wars Universe.  If anyone is a big fan, please let me know.

 

20210809_133734.thumb.jpg.eeda59e2c5ae6cde037f91a98c0f2317.jpg

 

 

As it was getting hotter by the minute, it was time to try to escape the heat and do an indoor ride.  That meant “Small World” as it’s around 15 minutes and has A.C. 

 

Small World area in Disneyland is very elaborate with the façade front. If you come here during the holidays, it’s all pink and they change out the Small World song to play Holiday music.  Totally different experience. 

 

Small world with no special holiday overlay

 

20210809_135156.thumb.jpg.ea36bfcc7302c82032c3d1ce88d52f8b.jpg

 

Here’s an old picture from our December 2015 with the Holiday overlay

 

20151226_214948.thumb.jpg.90aad41328d0e96f47bf0bcdea5ad974.jpg

 

 

 

My favorite ride at Disneyland is It’s A Small World.  We went on it 3 times when we were there in May.

 

A1D6AA96-B49B-4E74-9128-FFF2C8A11574.thumb.jpeg.b83bffc24d22a33a4ab7cc89a94bf315.jpeg

 

56B01DBA-6DCB-4611-A7C9-F8DF5C4424BC.thumb.jpeg.69de5e93fa242a1c69c048eaa57a48cd.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

 

I thought the Dole Whip Pineapple soft serve thing was only available in Hawaii.  But then we saw it at the San Mateo County Fair and then at Disneyland.  We had to have one so we splurged also.  Ordered it on the app.  We didn't wait as long as you though.

 

The Dole Whip Pineapple is perfect next to the Tiki Room as far as theming goes.

 

The WDW version also is available with pineapple upside down cake that Disneyland does not have.  We were on the "free" meal plan back in 2018 at WDW so I had no problem getting the higher priced dessert with cake (free is in quote as Disney jacks up the price for the rest of the package that you must purchase in order to get free meal plan)

 

20181224_155812.thumb.jpg.a52cedc2d6d89c6ed8d93d08839be58e.jpg

 

 

No one is surprised I take pictures of menu, right?

 

 

20181224_155511.thumb.jpg.c9e74289c7e92b92d604f015a3bd40f2.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

The weirdest thing just happened.  I just posted #27113, with pictures of It's A Small World.  But when I clicked to "Submit Reply" to post, it posted with somebody else's signature, @Gail604.  Sorry about that to Gail.  I can't understand what or how that happened.  I guess CC is having IT issues still.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@harryfat1  Harry nice to see you are posting, good luck on your AK cruise, I have the Odyssey booked for Jan 2022, and  the Allure booked for a B-2-B for Fed 2022, only if I don't have to wear a mask.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

 

The weirdest thing just happened.  I just posted #27113, with pictures of It's A Small World.  But when I clicked to "Submit Reply" to post, it posted with somebody else's signature, @Gail604.  Sorry about that to Gail.  I can't understand what or how that happened.  I guess CC is having IT issues still.

I have heard of another person having that issue.  You might want to report it to the moderators, as an FYI for them.  I think they have hired the IT people from RCCL. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

 

The weirdest thing just happened.  I just posted #27113, with pictures of It's A Small World.  But when I clicked to "Submit Reply" to post, it posted with somebody else's signature, @Gail604.  Sorry about that to Gail.  I can't understand what or how that happened.  I guess CC is having IT issues still.

 

You have us beat.  We only rode it twice.  You should try to go in December when they have the Holiday Overlay and it's all Holiday music inside.  Very Festive.

 

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

 

What a nice looking family!

 

Thanks.  My in laws went with us to WDW in December 2018.  

 

The first picture in the post was right after we landed in Orlando on a red eye.  We flew out of San Francisco around 11 PM and landed in Florida at 7 AM local time or 4 AM our time.  After the Disney bus dropped us off at Disney's Coronado Springs to store our luggage, obviously our room wasn't ready at 8 AM. 

 

So we grabbed some breakfast at the food court and then headed off to Hollywood Studios to see the new land back in 2018. That picture was right after we entered the park after 9 AM EST/6 AM PST.  We felt like something the cat dragged in with less than 5 hours of sleep from the red eye but on other hand, running on adrenaline of being on vacation and seeing new area. So we were smiling in the picture but under a weird mix of tired but excited feeling.

 

After lunch and we got the text from Disney that the room was ready, we headed back and took a 2 hour nap before waking up and headed to EPCOT for dinner & watched fireworks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, JamesEM said:

@harryfat1  Harry nice to see you are posting, good luck on your AK cruise, I have the Odyssey booked for Jan 2022, and  the Allure booked for a B-2-B for Fed 2022, only if I don't have to wear a mask.

 

Hi, Jim,

 

How are things? Nice to talk to you again.  I see you are still the night owl in being up at 11 PM my time in CA but 2 AM in South Carolina.

 

Looks like you are enjoying the retirement time with lots of cruises planned.

 

I would love to come out to Florida for another cruise on the mega ship but right now traveling across the country and especially Caribbean cruise in August doesn't sound very appealing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting.....  I tried to respond to an earlier post @FromSea2ShiningSea to suggest reporting it, but was notified that my response had to be reviewed????  All I said was:

" I have heard of another person having that issue.  You might want to report it to the M********* as an FYI for them.  I think they have hired the IT people from RCCL. 😂"

I think the "M" word triggered it, ??????

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like we will be dealing with the remnants of TD Fred today.   Expecting 1-2” of rain with some flooding.  

 

8D9D7113-B0C5-48DE-BE73-6DA752B1EBD0.thumb.jpeg.41e466dc79e527dcb26f723112582775.jpeg
 

With some luck, it will be past us before we head to an outdoor concert tonight. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...