Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Speaking of speeding, once we were vacationing in Jamaica and the resort sent a driver to pick us up at the airport.  It was about 30-45 minutes drive to the resort.  Our driver, Rupert (will never forget!), drove like a bat out of hell!!  I was terrified.  Finally I saw a police car up ahead and thought, “Whew!  Now he’ll have to slow down!”  He flew past the police car …passing him on a two lane road!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, davekathy said:

Dani, I have no idea. I just remember being told when I received my draft card with my selective service classification of Class 1-S and registration number (26), I was to carry it at all times or if I destroyed it (burning) I would be arrested. The real bummer was when I graduated from high school my classification changed to Class1-A!  

Dave:There is a documentary on Netflix :Count Me In about great drummers.I did not see it but I heard that it is really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Speaking of speeding, once we were vacationing in Jamaica and the resort sent a driver to pick us up at the airport.  It was about 30-45 minutes drive to the resort.  Our driver, Rupert (will never forget!), drove like a bat out of hell!!  I was terrified.  Finally I saw a police car up ahead and thought, “Whew!  Now he’ll have to slow down!”  He flew past the police car …passing him on a two lane road!!!

In 1973 we were on a cruise and went off on our own,looked at my watch and saw that the cruise was due to leave in 45 minutes and we were more than an hour away from the port.We decided to hitch hike .A guy picked us up and he was driving unbelievably fast.He got us back to the port on time.In those days there were newspapers available to the passengers.We picked up a paper the next day and saw the face of the guy who drove us.

He was a suspect in a serious crime.That was the last time we hitch hiked.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave:There is a documentary on Netflix :Count Me In about great drummers.I did not see it but I heard that it is really good.

Thanks. We did lose another great one, Charlie Watts. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,I posted a few days ago that there was an online story listing the 150 best drummers of all time .Watts was not that high on the list and they omitted some very dood drummers.

A list I'll never make. 😁  I have my favorites but in my opinion, each drummer is great in their own style and the music genre they play to.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1973 we were on a cruise and went off on our own,looked at my watch and saw that the cruise was due to leave in 45 minutes and we were more than an hour away from the port.We decided to hitch hike .A guy picked us up and he was driving unbelievably fast.He got us back to the port on time.In those days there were newspapers available to the passengers.We picked up a paper the next day and saw the face of the guy who drove us.

He was a suspect in a serious crime.That was the last time we hitch hiked.

I remember the last I hitchhiked was 1981 I was 15 and me and 2 other girlfriends got in a car with 2 guys that were probably 18 or 19 yrs old.  They were really skittzzy, we figured high on whatever.  We were headed to a large local carnival and when the guys saw up ahead there were cops directing traffic they pulled over, hollered at us to get out now and they spun around did a turn and flew off.  

A day or 2 later we saw them on local news, they had robbed a 7.11 at gun point.  Dont know if they caught them, but never did that again.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

A list I'll never make. 😁  I have my favorites but in my opinion, each drummer is great in their own style and the music genre they play to.

Couldn't agree more. Though when I started out playing as a kid. I idolized Buddy Rich. Most professional drummers today will say he is the greatest of all time even though guys like Dave Weckl and Gavin Harrison have much more technique. Every professional drummer has their own style and technique to be respected and admired.

Here is a new guy on the block that has amazing left hand skills. Stewart Copeland loves this guy. Check him out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie worked at 2 Broadway, his first job.

Marietta:

Have you ever posted to a woman on CC with the screen name Mrs. H ?

She and her husband live in Staten Island but they grew up in Brooklyn.She and I hung out in many of the same areas in our younger days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Couldn't agree more. Though when I started out playing as a kid. I idolized Buddy Rich. Most professional drummers today will say he is the greatest of all time even though guys like Dave Weckl and Gavin Harrison have much more technique. Every professional drummer has their own style and technique to be respected and admired.

Here is a new guy on the block that has amazing left hand skills. Stewart Copeland loves this guy. Check him out.

Ringo Starr was my big influence (even though I could never could replicate Ringo's style) and I never even thought at the time I would ever play the drums. A lot of cardboard boxes, pillows and old metal garbage cans or anything else I could bang/tap on. I was more of a Keith Moon style at first but later became more a Mic Fleetwood style and never a John Bonham style.  I agree about Buddy Rich. This guy in the video is great and gave me goosebumps watching his skills/style. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1