Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🌷 To those celebrating the New Jewish Year this evening, wishing you a happy and healthy one 🌷

DH is in the kitchen since yesterday morning --

stuffed fish - check

chopped liver - check

chicken soup - nope [too hot today]

apple slices dipped in honey - check [for a sweet new year]

I see a nice chunk of meat in marinade waiting to be prepared, along with baby potatoes.

The tradition calls also for a honey cake...

But the kids asked for my chocolate soufflé, and I was more than happy to oblige...

My "share" being done, I'm off to the swimming pool, since for the next 2 days of holiday it will be closed 😉

DSC_4743_stitch.jpg

Shana Tova Dani.Best wishes for a zissen (sweet) New Year to you and family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We'll be having lunch at my nephew's tomorrow after synagogue services (watched at home on livestream). As tradition dictates, I will be bringing my chicken soup. I know there will be chopped liver and brisket among other delicious goodies.  Apples and honey for sure for a sweet new year.

From our house to all those who are celebrating:

Peace Dove

We are going to my daughter who lives 5 minutes away late this afternoon.I do not know yet about tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The neighbor next door just brought us a small gift (2 mini apple cakes and 2 "pomegranate" buns). She's a great baker.

We let them use our 2 spare parking spots, and they feel they should reciprocate with "something".

They really shouldn't.

They're amazing neighbors 😁.

Yael.jpg

My wife has been cooking and baking all week.My oldest child will be here soon to pick up the food,enough to feed a small country😀

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What a thoughtful, beautiful tray,

So funny!  Actually, I couldn't stand to even look at chopped liver until I entered adulthood. Now I salivate just thinking of it. 

My mom, on occasion, used to make faux chopped liver, I think with peas.  Not the real deal of course but totally edible anyway.

My wife makes both .Normally I prefer the vegetarian one but lately I have liked the real one which I hated when I was a kid.

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The Lighthouse movie I did watch and enjoy was The Light Between Oceans with Michael Fassbender, Alicia Vikander & Rachel Weiss.  I loved the book it was based on of the same name by LM Stedman.  An emotional read & watch.  One of better adaptations from book to screen. Cape Campbell Lighthouse on the tip of the South Island of New Zealand was the one used in the movie.

My wife and I belonged to a Book Club,pre pandemic .That was one of the books we read and enjoyed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are going to my daughter who lives 5 minutes away late this afternoon.I do not know yet about tomorrow and Wednesday.

Glad you're getting out.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful late afternoon with family.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife makes both .Normally I prefer the vegetarian one but lately I have liked the real one which I hated when I was a kid.

I don't know any kids who love liver....shudder.

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,it may look just like real liver but made with veggies and a much better taste.

I beg to differ. 😋

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Glad you're getting out.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful late afternoon with family.

I beg to differ. 😋

It is my daughter,family and puppy.My other daughter lives 4 hours north of us and it is too far for them to travel especially on Labor Day.

A cousin of my wife will be there with her husband,her son and his family ,her daughter and her family .In all 14 people plus 2 dogs.

It will be the first time I will be with people indoors since the pandemic.

You are saying that liver tastes better than faux liver ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 I have heard of vegetarian hamburger and still thinking that is weird 😂 but Vegetarian liver…… 😂 

I can post all the ingredients when I am back on line Thursday.

My wife uses walnuts and peas.My younger daughter is a Vegetarian.When she was living at home we had to find as many recipes as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I beg to differ. 😋

I hate normal cooked liver, but love chopped liver , weird , next visit to Jewish deli I will definitely get chopped liver along with pastrami of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is my daughter,family and puppy.My other daughter lives 4 hours north of us and it is too far for them to travel especially on Labor Day.

A cousin of my wife will be there with her husband,her son and his family ,her daughter and her family .In all 14 people plus 2 dogs.

It will be the first time I will be with people indoors since the pandemic.

You are saying that liver tastes better than faux liver ?

In my opinion, chopped liver does.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 I have heard of vegetarian hamburger and still thinking that is weird 😂 but Vegetarian liver…… 😂 

It's chopped, consistency  like a pate you put on crackers.  Lenny said he will post the ingredients on Thursday.  I never made the faux or real chopped liver myself. 

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I really appreciate taking the time to find the "right" (or appropriate?) greeting 🥰

Dani, wishing you a Happy New Jewish New Year.  

I have learned not to always trust the translation programs to come up with the correct words.  This, after apparently referring to my daughter-in-law’s mother as a newspaper and a horse.  😁😁😂

Sometimes, things get lost in translation, but we all had a good laugh about it. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today, we spent our day at a large community festival to celebrate Labor Day. Lots of activities, good food, and good music.  

We hadn’t planned on seeing the grandkids today, but they were fishing near the festival. 

329A8047-B6B2-4CC9-90C9-293F3D12EC6D.thumb.jpeg.71dd0f25c073f54b12e1e0806e0c007e.jpeg

Enjoyed a gyro for our lunch, caught up with some people we hadn’t seen for over a year, and listened to some good music. 

One of the bands had a very good horn section, and played some old Chicago, Tower of Power, and Santana tunes.  Their vocalist was very good and nailed the vocals from those groups. 

Hope everyone had a great day. 

• Like 9

Labor Day, 6:30 PM and the folks who are taking advantage of the last of the ending summer...

20210906_182829.thumb.jpg.e26fddce7b839e724ff6a1441eb17c91.jpg

20210906_182640.thumb.jpg.85c3950c1a98d8ddbaf9668070e1f0b1.jpg

And a ritual that goes back to my days as a lifeguard, the stacking of the guard chairs in the parking lot before moving them into storage...

20210906_183138.thumb.jpg.4cb302f64095645b52ee016a397acbbd.jpg

It makes me a bit nostalgic... and sad... as another summer departs New England.

• Like 16

Wishing a Happy New Year to all those celebrating. 
We had a small Labor Day cookout today and what will probably be the last pool party of this summer.  DH & I will continue to use it (weather permitting) until it gets closed up with its new winter cover next Friday.  
And today two of my daughters were already planning a date for us to all go apple picking, a sure sign of fall!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🌷 To those celebrating the New Jewish Year this evening, wishing you a happy and healthy one 🌷

DH is in the kitchen since yesterday morning --

stuffed fish - check

chopped liver - check

chicken soup - nope [too hot today]

apple slices dipped in honey - check [for a sweet new year]

I see a nice chunk of meat in marinade waiting to be prepared, along with baby potatoes.

The tradition calls also for a honey cake...

But the kids asked for my chocolate soufflé, and I was more than happy to oblige...

My "share" being done, I'm off to the swimming pool, since for the next 2 days of holiday it will be closed 😉

DSC_4743_stitch.jpg

Happy Rosh Hashanah, Dani, to you and your dear husband❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We'll be having lunch at my nephew's tomorrow after synagogue services (watched at home on livestream). As tradition dictates, I will be bringing my chicken soup. I know there will be chopped liver and brisket among other delicious goodies.  Apples and honey for sure for a sweet new year.

From our house to all those who are celebrating:

Peace Dove

Happy Rosh Hashanah, Bonnie, Jack, and family❤️

9 hours ago, George C said:

Forgive the duplication and upside down picture. But here are the twins with there 16 year old sister. My 95 year old mom is doing ok considering her age , was extremely happy to see the twins mom who is recovering from brain surgery and is home but limited to visits of 20 mins , she is also auto immune problems and had her third Covid shot a week or so ago. Ended the weekend at our favorite Jewish deli and had a fantastic pastrami sandwich, we should have taken a pound   Or two to go , we have taken this on the plane before . Flying and travel is a hassle but we had a great weekend.

Glad to hear you had a great time with family, especially seeing your 95 year old mom.  So sorry to hear about the twins mom who had brain surgery.  I hope she recovers quickly.  Are the twins going to be attending the same College?  My twins went to different State Colleges, one way up in Oswego, the other at Oneonta their Freshman year, but by Sophomore year, my one daughter transferred to Oneonta to be near her sister.  

• Like 1