"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have 3 birthdays and 1 anniversary in January.In 2022 we will have birthdays and anniversaries hitting milestones:

Jan.19 one of my son in laws will be 50

Jan.20 my sister in law will be 80

Jan.22 will be my 55th.wedding anniversary

June 27 my oldest granddaughter will be 18

July 31 my oldest daughter and husband will be celebrating their 25th.anniversary

Happy Celebrations Lenny!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Marietta, sorry you had the flooding problem, but so glad you are finished drying out.  Did you have a lot of damage?  I know Staten Island got hit really hard, luckily my family members were fortunate with this storm.  Our daughter in Ct. had to have work done on her chimney also...  

no real damage, just annoying cleaning. The pump did a good job! Our basement is unfinished and there isn’t much down there worth worrying about.  The chimney needed to be done anyway apparently and we were lucky enough to find someone who came today.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Game update…

The team is warming up, and yes, that is the same water tower from soccer photos in the background. 

503B4188-80AE-43FB-84EB-4ED52FB9969A.thumb.jpeg.b4199e007deec3d57770e90b5d3a44af.jpeg

Post game team huddle. 

DAC7898C-D75A-42EA-A0A0-AAFF39FBCFBB.thumb.jpeg.ddf6972634606071f0e1e7bcb228a6e0.jpeg

Unfortunately Owen’s team lost 13-6, but they gave it one heck of a go. Being the away team didn’t help but it’s ball. 

The team they lost to mercied the three other teams they played over the weekend. They only lost two games all season, by one run each. As Owen said, second place to this team is like being the people’s champion. 

I’m sure Owen’s team gave it their all. 
Doing your best when you know the probable outcome is the mark of a champion. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s how I feel!

I’m getting there too.  We are getting close. That means the roads are now more up and down and curves. Should make it home in about in hour…… oops SIL just missed a turn 😂 We like to make it back home before dark.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan got a few bruises from the tumble, but she was ready to go again today.  Told her I would not take her on any rough terrain for a while.  So today, we walked a nice, smooth bike / walking trail. 

81023D14-BDF2-40E1-966F-9A9B7B29F57D.thumb.jpeg.a8558d00681785c4152dec08573943bd.jpeg

Not much scenery on this one, and the wildlife was sparse.  I did spot one of these 

0802CDE7-6F24-4836-957E-28B9BDF1E345.thumb.jpeg.50ac8523edbfa9e0be57dbc23ddeb2a6.jpeg

I think the banding means it will be an easy winter. 

That sounds good to me, I hope the Caterpillar is right about that!

Sorry about her bruises, the nice walk probably helped her from stiffening up.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Graham!

Happy Birthday to your better half!!

Caden sounds like a really great kid!

We all know how Owen always brings his best to the game!!  WTG Owen!

Three of our grandsons will be going back to school this Tuesday, the 7th, and one granddaughter starts a day or two after that, here in Jersey.  Our birthday granddaughter started last Wednesday in Ct., and our oldest granddaughter heads back to Fairfield College tomorrow.  Our oldest grandson left for his first year in College at Villanova more than a week ago.

This was my fourth attempt to multiple quote.  Oy!!!

Villanova is a great college with a beautiful campus too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

17 minutes left in this long trip and a deer runs out in front of us!  SIL avoided hitting it,…..this time.

Over the years I have had two run ins with deers. They survived both. Fortunately, with a little body work, so did both cars.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They only lost two games all season, by one run each. As Owen said, second place to this team is like being the people’s champion. 

Great attitude Own. Congratulations on a great season. You are a proud father.

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love lighthouses...

I too have a fascination with Lighthouses. I've always wanted to live in one. Did you ever see the movie "The Lighthouse" with Willem Dafoe? Pretty darn scary.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

17 minutes left in this long trip and a deer runs out in front of us!  SIL avoided hitting it,…..this time.

Be safe!  My son had an accident with a large buck.  He didn't hit it, it hit him!  He was leaving work after dark and as he pulled out of the parking lot, this huge buck ran out of the woods and into the side of his SUV.  I was on the phone with him at the time and heard the massive crash.  Dang thing got up and ran away, leaving the passenger side door of my son's Explorer completely caved in, dent on the rear quarter panel, bodily fluids and a large scratch from his antlers on the drivers door.  I forget the total cost of repairs but it was crazy.  They had to replace the door because it was so bent.  Luckily, he wasn't on the highway yet.  If he was going any speed, it likely would have flipped the SUV.  Policeman tried to go find the buck as he felt he might need to put it down.

• Like 4