Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So far as books are concerned. I see some great titles that everyone is reading. I'm weird in that I don't read hardly any fiction. Most of the books I read are either manuals on equipment or how to do something. This cruise I will take one book to read. It's one that was recommended to me by a dear friend who also retired. He said it was the best book he ever read on retirement.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Retire-Happy-Wild-Free/dp/B0074Y7JD6/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Retirement+books&qid=1631739141&sr=8-7

retire.jpg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I have this glass/tumbler! I believe it was $8 (? or so?) with a fruit drink. I just wanted the tumbler. bar guy said it has to come with a drink. I have used it many times. It also serves a good ice bucket to cart ice from the machine to the room. And it is much bigger in real life than the picture...or is this the newer size now?

Not sure if it’s the newer size, but it seemed to hold about 2 drinks worth, or at least 1.5. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ewww, gross!    I am picturing him now and cringing.     

I can still picture him.  Thick black longish hair,  mustache. Looked like he was either growing a beard or just was too lazy to shave. 

And to think how much time and care we took getting ready for dinner. 

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hairy arm and back guys have no business wearing a tank top. Get out the sheep shears.

Oh yes, his tank was cut low in back also.  I practically gagged eating.  We should have just gotten up and left as soon as we sat down or even before we sat down. I think it was the only time we passed on dessert.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Beautiful wedding pictures @dani negreanu. What is a chuppah? 

A chuppah is a canopy under which a Jewish couple stand during their wedding ceremony. It consists of a cloth or sheet, stretched or supported over four poles, or sometimes manually held up by attendants to the ceremony. A chuppah symbolizes the home that the couple will build together.

"Sometimes manually held up by attendants to the ceremony" -- it is a great honor to hold one of the poles. In this case, the sisters and brothers of the bride and groom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I caught a GREAT deal on Ovation leaving this Friday, so I am flying back up for my third trip to Alaska this season.  Can you tell I've missed cruising.😁

Have a wonderful cruise  🌷  Who is counting? 😉

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, can't believe where the years have gone too 

Wishing you a very happy wedding anniversary, and many more years together, well into the realm of diamonds and beyond 💐

• Thanks 1

Two of the teachers I worked with are Jewish.  We were invited to a Bar Mitzvah by one of the teachers for her son.  She told us her brother was Orthodox Jewish, and asked all of us women to please wear a dress with sleeves, so our arms would be covered.

The other teacher invited us to her baby son's Briss.  I surprised myself by watching the Ceremony.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I was scolded by MIL for saying that. Then given a long lecture on what is the appropriate greeting ☹️.

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Uh oh

Completely forgiven, it is indeed a "peculiar" "greeting", full of hidden meanings....

It's the intention which counts.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I just found an iPhone app. It's called Countdown Star. The free one has an ad at the bottom so I went back and got the one for 99 cents that is ad free. Pretty simple to figure out. You can use some of their standard pics or choose one from your photo library.

Nice!   I will have to see if available for my android

1 hour ago, George C said:

I also really enjoyed the Women’s Murder Mysteries , have read only a few and I know there are at least 20 of them. 

I also enjoy them.    The last one I read was 19th Christmas.    I think he has 21 or 22 out now.      The Alex Cross series has a new one coming out this November - Fear No Evil.    

I also enjoy David Baldacci the Amos Decker Series (Memory Man....)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just great.   Not only was our Feb//March 2022 cruise cancelled.  But just now our Allure B2B Med, followed by the TA back to the states for Oct/Nov 2022.   

I am sooo done with this.  

Sad for you. Any reason was given for cancelling so far out????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You want classy?  On one of our RCI cruises, the guy sitting next to me in the MDR (Jack was on my other side dressed appropriately) was wearing a tank top.  A HAIRY guy whose clammy arm kept touching mine.  I kept moving my chair closer and closer to Jack until I was almost in his lap.😁

We changed tables for the rest of the cruise. 

Gross.