Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You will also need to scan the QR code on the kit at the start of the test,

Sorry another question. Is this the QR code on the front of the box or the QR code that is on the front of the test card?

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We both just successfully completed our Covid tests for our Allure cruise on Sunday.  Both negative!  Time to start packing.  If only we were allowed to take a wine filled broom closet with us.

Great news, Bob!!!!  

I found out yesterday I don't need to take the Covid test for my colonoscopy, since I've been vaccinated.  Yay me.😁

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great news, Bob!!!!  

I found out yesterday I don't need to take the Covid test for my colonoscopy, since I've been vaccinated.  Yay me.😁

Nobody mentioned a COVID test for mine  plus endoscopy. No one asked if I’ve been vaccinated, either!

But I have to have one before my pulmonologist visit and breathing test in November. 

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery went well.I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes.I appreciate everything .

Lenny

So great to hear that Lenny.  I hope she has a swift recovery, whatever that involves.

Edited by bobmacliberty

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry another question. Is this the QR code on the front of the box or the QR code that is on the front of the test card?

You need to scan the QR code on the front of the test card.  We never used the QR code on the box itself.  Don't open the box until the proctor tells you to.  He/she will also tell you to remove the test card from it's own sealed packet so that you can scan the QR code.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Nobody mentioned a COVID test for mine  plus endoscopy. No one asked if I’ve been vaccinated, either!

But I have to have one before my pulmonologist visit and breathing test in November. 

Yeah, on one of the pages of instructions, it said a Covid test was needed, unless you had been vaccinated in the past 14 days;  I called just to make sure test wasn't needed, and they verified that I was good to go.  Jim will need a Covid test next Friday, since his knee surgery will be on the following Monday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The only thing better than a negative Covid test is no Covid test at all.  Yay you!

True story, Bob!  Have a great Cruise!  I want to cruise so badly, that if Jim wasn't having his knee surgery, I would've book a cruise out of Cape Liberty.   

• Like 2

We received our Abbott test kit yesterday.  Took 2 days. Our current plan is to use this as a backup, the county has free drive up rapid test sites, one less than a mile from our home.  I drive by there a couple of times a day, and I never see a line at all, so if there are still there, we will use that.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah, on one of the pages of instructions, it said a Covid test was needed, unless you had been vaccinated in the past 14 days;  I called just to make sure test wasn't needed, and they verified that I was good to go.  Jim will need a Covid test next Friday, since his knee surgery will be on the following Monday.

Doesn't sound right to me.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We both just successfully completed our Covid tests for our Allure cruise on Sunday.  Both negative!  Time to start packing.  If only we were allowed to take a wine filled broom closet with us.

Excellent!     Now all the fun anticipation of your cruise can begin without having the concern of a test weighing upon you.      Will you keep us posted and send us some photos while on the Allure?

• Like 2