Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't say anything bad about Carnival. It just isn't for me. I am happy Carnival exists and fills a need. Without them there would probably be more demand for the RCI cabin that I want and a higher price that I'd have to pay for it.

I can only have a Handicapped cabin and they are always in great demand .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have been on two Carnival cruises.  The first one, July 2008, my youngest sister was getting married for the second time, and was going on her very first cruise.  She has 5 children, and had 2 grandchildren at the time.  She wanted as many of us who could, accompany them on the Honeymoon Cruise. My two other sisters and their husbands, two of my brothers and their wives, and Jim and I joined in.  Several nieces and nephews and spouses also joined us.  It was on Carnival Miracle out of NY.    It really wasn't a bad cruise;  crowded around the pool, but it wasn't too bad.  A nice time was had by all.  Then, in Sept or Oct. 2009, we went on our second Carnival cruise, from Hawaii to San Diego, a Repo.  It turned out to be a great cruise to all of the Islands.  The price was unbelievable for a 12 day cruise.  It was the same price we had paid for the 7 day cruise on the Miracle the year before.  It wasn't until I was passing by the pool bar, when I heard two guys talking about this great Repo we were on.  Oh, so that was why it was so cheap!  It was our very first Repo.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

3 of our cruises have been on Carnival: Breeze, Glory, Vista. I don’t think we’d take a Carnival cruise again unless it was an itinerary we couldn’t pass up 

Crystal where are we going next?

Ooops 😁I mean where and when is your next trip? I love going with you virtually! Your pictures are amazing and at times I scroll back to see them again.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very good friends of ours sailed carnival out of baltimore and told us story about activities that occurred while on their balcony.  2 guys were smoking a joint on night one on their balcony.  The next day these same guys were back with another joint and got a string from wherever and were passing the joint back and forth between a balcony below them.  They saw this happen everyday and it was a 10 or 12 night cruise.    No idea how they got enough pot onboard.   

This was pre covid 2019.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Crystal where are we going next?

Ooops 😁I mean where and when is your next trip? I love going with you virtually! Your pictures are amazing and at times I scroll back to see them again.


🤣🤣🤣

thank you. Seriously. I love documenting our trips.

 

no cruises on the horizon but 2 weeks in Greece starting October 4! I’m going to start a semi live on Monday on the Greece forum of cc.

 

after that is a weekend in Daytona in December and a week in Playa Del

Carmen in February.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, singinalot said:


🤣🤣🤣

thank you. Seriously. I love documenting our trips.

 

no cruises on the horizon but 2 weeks in Greece starting October 4! I’m going to start a semi live on Monday on the Greece forum of cc.

 

after that is a weekend in Daytona in December and a week in Playa Del

Carmen in February.

 

Do you guys ever work?😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, singinalot said:


🤣🤣🤣

thank you. Seriously. I love documenting our trips.

 

no cruises on the horizon but 2 weeks in Greece starting October 4! I’m going to start a semi live on Monday on the Greece forum of cc.

 

after that is a weekend in Daytona in December and a week in Playa Del

Carmen in February.

Thanks. Calender marked. And hubby is asking really where are we going......I said these are just my (virtual) trips.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

 

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

Bacchus Dining Room Carnival Miracle by Sharon De Vore | ArtWanted.com

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

 

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

Bacchus Dining Room Carnival Miracle by Sharon De Vore | ArtWanted.com

How convenient....just in case you needed one, you could have pulled it off the ceiling. Would have saved the trip to the over expensive ship store!😁

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

 

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

Bacchus Dining Room Carnival Miracle by Sharon De Vore | ArtWanted.com

OMG...😯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

 

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

Bacchus Dining Room Carnival Miracle by Sharon De Vore | ArtWanted.com

That hurts my eyes and it’s only a photo. Can’t imagine it in person. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a foam cannon from Amazon and did some washing. Foam and let sit.  I’d give it a rinse and reform. 
 

95792E20-283C-4FD7-86E4-507DB5D23375.thumb.jpeg.681186ecee01c9f9a922e1d50323509d.jpeg


Then scrub with a telescopic brush. 

 

B8BEF9AD-4D3E-45E8-AE21-8A617467F433.thumb.jpeg.e3091d963e9d3ab5d874f1e1948e4f48.jpeg


Power wash for the finished product. They haven’t looked this clean in a while. Done in 2.5 hours from start up to clean up. 

 

76EB0CDA-CACA-4A02-99D7-9228BB72912D.thumb.jpeg.be032826f3d27519a6b5d9afd68cb24c.jpeg

  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, George C said:

We did bid on the iconic suite in July , we had to settle for the penthouse suite 😁😁.

Bet you weren't disappointed!

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

TSOTD....

 

20210912_150344.thumb.jpg.60b3e463e7c2e28d879aa5cfdc7ae398.jpg

That's where we had dinner this evening.  Restaurant called North Italia...in Texas

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

OMG...😯

Exactly!!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I bought a foam cannon from Amazon and did some washing. Foam and let sit.  I’d give it a rinse and reform. 
 

95792E20-283C-4FD7-86E4-507DB5D23375.thumb.jpeg.681186ecee01c9f9a922e1d50323509d.jpeg


Then scrub with a telescopic brush. 

 

B8BEF9AD-4D3E-45E8-AE21-8A617467F433.thumb.jpeg.e3091d963e9d3ab5d874f1e1948e4f48.jpeg


Power wash for the finished product. They haven’t looked this clean in a while. Done in 2.5 hours from start up to clean up. 

 

76EB0CDA-CACA-4A02-99D7-9228BB72912D.thumb.jpeg.be032826f3d27519a6b5d9afd68cb24c.jpeg

Awwwww…… I was looking for the video of the foam canon in action. 😞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How convenient....just in case you needed one, you could have pulled it off the ceiling. Would have saved the trip to the over expensive ship store!😁

 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

OMG...😯

 

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That hurts my eyes and it’s only a photo. Can’t imagine it in person. 

Oh it was even worse in person, left dinner with a headache more then once !! It was like a glow in dark shade of purple pink.

 

Makes you wonder what drug the designer was on when he thought up this look, Can't believe that dining room is still like that today. I would think after a dry dock or 2 they would have fixed that?

 

This was many, many years ago when we sailed on Miracle.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is all a matter of taste.We know people who will only cruise on Carnival.

My wife and I have been on 6 cruise lines .

I did my 6th cruise line decades ago , did at least a dozen, many no longer sail like Home, Italian and Renascence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

 

 

Oh it was even worse in person, left dinner with a headache more then once !! It was like a glow in dark shade of purple pink.

 

Makes you wonder what drug the designer was on when he thought up this look, Can't believe that dining room is still like that today. I would think after a dry dock or 2 they would have fixed that?

 

This was many, many years ago when we sailed on Miracle.

It's a "miracle" you could even eat. Now I know what taking acid makes things look like. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Well, since today seems to be cat show and tell day, this is Lila. She is a Platinum Tonkenese....

20200817_211550.thumb.jpg.0fe552291e69caa757df127276c6a928.jpg20200503_070918.thumb.jpg.7f2972519e07895347bac9501a98393b.jpg20191109_131937.thumb.jpg.c1f21c3db006bc3a94d57eb2d16cea7d.jpg

 

 

Still playing "catch up", but had to jump in here to say that this cat is beautiful.  I am a cat lover and most of mine have been Siamese.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...