"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My family makes fun of me because I tape notes all over the house before we leave,

What no spreadsheets?  My husband says thats what scares them off.  I actually did short videos on administering the correct drug dosage for his liquid meds.  Quite frankly I think it was the video on the Nespresso machine that sealed the deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a very fast moving thread!  I finally caught up.  

My fast went very well and I made it to the end, 8pm.  I had breakfast for dinner and enjoyed every morsel; lox, eggs, no onion, toasted bagel.  I fast not because I have to but because I want to.  In small part it honors my parents memories who although not orthodox or very observant, lived by most of the traditions of our holidays.

So nice to read quite a few of you are planning or getting ready to board cruises.  Smooth sails to all.

@dani negreanuDani,  I feel terrible for your DIL's sister and family for  people cancelling last minute on the wedding.  Why did folks wait until almost the last minute to cancel?  You were smart to book an apt for the night of the wedding.  Have a wonderful time.

@grapau27That food looks amazing. Continue to have a lovely time.

@lenquixote66Lenny, good luck with your wife's surgery tomorrow.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good news today is that we passed our covid tests. At least I think we did since we haven't heard back from them. I guess we'll find out if they kick us off the ship tomorrow.

That has to be a huge relief. Now it's time to party!!!!

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're having our pool closed this Saturday.

True sign of the change of seasons. Kind of depressing.

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@lenquixote66

Prayers for the Mrs.  and also kind thoughts sending your way.

Take care

+1 @lenquixote66I will be thinking of you and your beloved wife.

• Like 2

We just returned from a great dinner at our favorite supper club, waiter asked about our empty bottle of wine and I said it had evaporated, funny thing is years ago at our favorite restaurant in nyc Becco’s we told a very young waitress that there was a problem with our wine bottle that wine had evaporated she thought for about a minute that there was a serous problem not that we just needed a second bottle, would recommend this restaurant to everyone, extremely reasonably priced restaurant for midtown Manhattan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So what would you say is the minimum megapixel number you would find acceptable?

Depends on what you do with your picture.  High quality prints are printed at 300 pixels per inch, so an  8 inch X 10 inch print would need 2400 X 3000 pixels, which is 7.2 megapixels.  Round up to 10 megapixels so you have some room to crop before printing without losing quality.  Posting anywhere online will end up being much smaller than that.  Most people, unless you want to print larger than 8 X 10, will be fine with 10-12 megapixel cameras.  At that point, there are other (more?) important considerations when it comes to the "quality" of a picture, sensor size being one of them. Megapixel count is merely a size measure, not a quality measure (insert size matters joke here).

If you DO want to make large prints, say a 16 X 20 of a beautiful landscape shot that you took while hiking, then more pixels will be needed for a "clean" print.  You'd ideally want 30 megapixels to maintain a 300 ppi print, although again there would be other considerations at that size like quality of the lens, sensor, camera software, skill of the photographer, etc. that will have as big of an impact, if not more, than megapixels in the sensor on how the final print will look.  The Tom's Guide web site does a good job of explaining this.

How Many Megapixels Do You Really Need? - Tom's Guide | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

We just returned from a great dinner at our favorite supper club, waiter asked about our empty bottle of wine and I said it had evaporated, 

I love this. I may have to borrow that line sometime.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Found on FB

How far is his house from yours? Looks like a nice pool.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Tom's Guide web site does a good job of explaining this.

How Many Megapixels Do You Really Need? - Tom's Guide | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

Thank you for the explanation and link. Always good to know.

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  My RV fridge is starting to get very packed up!  😉 

More wine.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love this. I may have to borrow that line sometime.

How far is his house from yours? Looks like a nice pool.

Thank you for the explanation and link. Always good to know.

More wine.

The 1/2 bathroom in the land yacht is being used as a broom closet...and wine closet.  It's packed up too...but not with brooms.  😉 😄 🍷

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sheal said:

What no spreadsheets?  My husband says thats what scares them off.  I actually did short videos on administering the correct drug dosage for his liquid meds.  Quite frankly I think it was the video on the Nespresso machine that sealed the deal. 

I love the video idea but I'm sure we would never find a dog sitter again. Even our kids would abandon us!

• Like 2