"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We both just successfully completed our Covid tests for our Allure cruise on Sunday.  Both negative!  Time to start packing.  If only we were allowed to take a wine filled broom closet with us.

Congratulations that has to be a relief. Did you do the Binax Now AG-Card tests? If so tell me about your experience and ease of use.

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We both just successfully completed our Covid tests for our Allure cruise on Sunday.  Both negative!  Time to start packing.  If only we were allowed to take a wine filled broom closet with us.

LOL...at least you can still bring on two bottles per cabin.  😉 😄 

Congrats on the negative results...and have a fantabulous cruise!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

At that point, there are other (more?) important considerations when it comes to the "quality" of a picture, sensor size being one of them.

Good point.  The phone I have can shoot at 108 meg on it’s 1x lens.  The print quantity from the phone would not be as good from a larger sensor in an SLR camera.  So if you are comparing two cameras, the camera that advertises a larger number of pixels does not mean it will take a better quality picture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that has to be a relief. Did you do the Binax Now AG-Card tests? If so tell me about your experience and ease of use.

Yes.  We used the BinaxNow tests.  Very easy process.  Less than 30 minutes per person for the test.  I did it once before after coming back from my golf trip...partly to see if I had somehow become infected while traveling, and partly to get experience with the test.  We did it completely on our phones but you can also do it on a desktop if it has a video camera.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did it completely on our phones

Thanks for telling me your experience. Doing it by phone did you have to set the phone down and prop it up at a wide enough angle so the procter can see everything or can you do it handheld?

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Please keep us updated on your cruise, we sail on allure in two months, have a great cruise. 

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for telling me your experience. Doing it by phone did you have to set the phone down and prop it up at a wide enough angle so the procter can see everything or can you do it handheld?

First time, Micheline held my phone for me to ensure that the proctor could see both me and the test kit on the desk.  That was a little tricky because she couldn't see the screen to see what she was pointed at.  This time, I used a small desktop tripod to hold the phone.  It was raised up slightly and pointed a little downward, again to see both me and the test kit.

You will also need to scan the QR code on the kit at the start of the test, show your ID, and then rescan the QR code and show the results window at the end of the test.  All of this is done using the camera on the back of your phone since that's a higher quality camera.  The proctor will automatically switch cameras when requesting you to scan the QR code or show your ID, and then switch back to the selfie/front video camera when watching you. 

Having witnessed the whole thing 3 times now, each time with a different proctor, they read a script almost word for word.  You just need to follow the directions of the proctor.  The instructions are very clear and there are accompanying pictures on your screen showing what the proctor is saying.  Most of the proctors that I've had seem to be from India.  Some people may have problems understanding the proctor's accent, although that wasn't a problem for me or for Micheline.  As I've said elsewhere if that happens, just ask them to repeat what they said.  This video is worth watching before taking the test so that you've seen the process once before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news, Bob!!!!  

I found out yesterday I don't need to take the Covid test for my colonoscopy, since I've been vaccinated.  Yay me.😁

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great news, Bob!!!!  

I found out yesterday I don't need to take the Covid test for my colonoscopy, since I've been vaccinated.  Yay me.😁

Nobody mentioned a COVID test for mine  plus endoscopy. No one asked if I’ve been vaccinated, either!

But I have to have one before my pulmonologist visit and breathing test in November. 

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery went well.I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes.I appreciate everything .

Lenny

So great to hear that Lenny.  I hope she has a swift recovery, whatever that involves.

Edited by bobmacliberty

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry another question. Is this the QR code on the front of the box or the QR code that is on the front of the test card?

You need to scan the QR code on the front of the test card.  We never used the QR code on the box itself.  Don't open the box until the proctor tells you to.  He/she will also tell you to remove the test card from it's own sealed packet so that you can scan the QR code.

• Like 1