"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Originally they were saying it was going to rain heavy into the evening, but looks like the worst is behind us now.   It sure did pour heavy for a couple of hours.    

Of course I had a pedicure appt in the middle of the heavy rain, but I survived - LOL!

Yes, storms are definitely more intense this year then ever before.    I hope this isn't a sign of what this winter will be like.    

Watching the Phillies, it's pouring down rain there..No idea why they are playing in this...I guess to get 5 innings in and call it a night.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Watching the Phillies, it's pouring down rain there..No idea why they are playing in this...I guess to get 5 innings in and call it a night.

Its rough playing ball in pouring rain so probably will do like you said get 5 in and call it.  Bottom of the 3rd now so not much longer to go

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Back home now after my cataract surgery.

The consultant said everything went well.

Vision is a little hazy but otherwise I'm delighted it is done.

Graham.

I couldn’t like your post, or comment on it, so hours later, I’m trying again. 
I’m glad your cataract surgery is done, no more anticipating it!

I hope you have great vision again in a few days. 

• Thanks 1

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 
We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Lots of leftovers for both of us. 
or I should call them planovers. 

F2A25173-28B0-4614-AD1E-604BA3427487.jpeg

2C9E3B80-2FE4-43C0-B488-FDCBA632B6F0.jpeg

E01AF759-68B9-4918-BEB7-E05BB57EAFB2.jpeg

7A3565CD-37D1-4FCF-A8EC-4F43583B5AAC.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Congratulations on this wonderful occasion

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

.  The grand champion is a woman who is a slight 120 lbs and she devoured 3 steaks in 20 minutes... including sides.  I didn't believe him but looked it up and sure enough, it was true.

I sure wish I had her metabolism or the tapeworm she must have.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I see you have the same luck Eric and I have.    Sometimes I feel like I am magnet for them because I will talk to just about anybody till they get loud and annoying.  

Our last cruise on Serenade in 2020 we met this nice couple 

Hilarious story. I feel the same as a magnet because I love people and I am very friendly I just don't know why I get the crazy people sometimes.

Another story on the positive side. We were on a 4 x4 rainforest excursion in St. Kitts. At some point Greg of Greg's Tours (who was driving) stopped in this area right by a bar. One of the gentlemen on our tour yells out "Does anyone want a beer?" We said sure and he bought beers for the 10 of us in the jeep. I told everyone "I'm don't know your name but thank you I will refer to you as Santa Claus". Needless to say we kept running into him at several bars doing the cruise and I would always greet him "Hi Santa Claus." He kept buying us drinks. I don't know what he did for a living, where he lived or anything else. He was just a happy go lucky guy that made our cruise very memorable.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, that is usually our go to beach.  Honeymoon beach on the first water taxi.  Great fish sandwiches at the "shack" to the far right as you walk in.  Not as popular at that end due to the rocky beach...but works for us.  😉   Then...when too many tours come in....out we go!

So the key is to go early and then leave in the afternoon?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Congratulations on a wonderful milestone. I love Ruth Chris and it is one of my favorite steak houses even if it is a chain. Their steaks are so consistent. Mine is always perfect every time I go there. I was crushed when the RC closed in Kansas City. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So the key is to go early and then leave in the afternoon?

We stay longer….typically 1 or 2 water taxis before we’d be nervous about missing the ship. If you want to avoid the party boats AND enjoy an empty ship while others are still ashore, then leaving early is a good strategy. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A bit of a lull in our day at Magic Kingdom, for me anyway.  I found a quiet and cool spot to sit with the munchkin as she takes a stroller snooze..

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There needs to be an adult version of a stroller snooze. 

There actually is one at Magic Kingdom!  It called The Carousel of Progress!  Family knows that when the afternoon heat wave sets in, it’s Dad’s cool nap time.  It’s a 20 minute A/C ride in a comfy seat.  They let me nap unless I start snoring 😴 too loud.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

There is a slim guy who wins the hot dog contest at Coney Island every year normally 60 something dogs, my brother in law finished a 50 once steak at traildust in Dallas and he is slim .

I once saw the Coney Island hot dog contest on tv.  It turned my stomach.  People were shoving those hot dogs in their mouths like they were starving.  Had to stop watching.  

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Anniversary!  What a wonderful milestone and what a beautiful couple you are!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy anniversary! I just love this ❤️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only saw the very first movie but it was so different from any other film ever made.

It was too funny. I have a first edition paperback of George Lucas's "Star Wars" novel. Drawn characters on the front cover. I read it, good sci-fi, and maybe a year or two later everyone was talking about the movie. When I watched the movie, all I could think was, I know this story!  

I went back to the book cabinet, and there it was. :classic_smile: A little thin sci-fi novel entitled Star Wars. 

It is amazing what the franchise has become. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty pointless. St Louis is on fire

Trying to catch the Braves.....St.Louis will have to get by both Dodgers and Giants to move on.

Braves/Phillies winner will play the Brewers.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, George C said:

TTOTD Buffalo Bills, who won today’s game 35- 0 against the fish.

The fish? The Dolphins? They lost by that much? 😳 Good thing they aren’t my favorite team. Come to think of it I don’t pay any attention to football at all. 🤣 🥂

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, Jimbo said:

You made a good move, Can't even imagine what 14 days on Grandeur would be like.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I don't want to spend any days on Grandeur.

What’s wrong with Grandeur? I haven’t been on her.