Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Impulse buy of the day.  It is kind of funny how we actually got to this point.  

It will also be a first for this class ship, since both our Anthem and Ovation cruises were canceled.  

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Wow Mark, you and Susan have everything covered for your last-minute impulse buy!!!  I'm really happy this worked out for you two!

+1 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We finished our covid test.    We are both positive that the test results are negative!  We grabbed the bread and are on the road.  We are flying out tomorrow morning at 6am and will spend the night in Miami.

Sounds fantastic.

I hope everything goes well and you have a wonderful cruise.

Bon voyage.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I got lucky and was able to touch Lord Stanley's Cup once.  After the Tampa Bay Lightning won the cup in 2004, Craig Ramsay, who was an assistant coach, had the cup for a day (as all winning players and coaches now do).  He put it on display in a public ice rink in Fort Erie, Ontario.  Not sure why, but I think he was from that area.  Ramsay played many years for the Buffalo Sabres and was good friends with my neighbors growing up.  I was able to play street hockey with him (and Don Luce...Ramsay's Center for many years on their "hustle" line) a few times and attend a few practices. I remember watching Rick Martin (of French Connection fame) take slap shots before practice from one goal line over the glass on the other end of the rink.  And seeing Jerry "King Kong" Korab in pads and skates.  He seemed HUGE to a kid.

We happened to be staying in a house on Lake Erie when we heard the cup was being displayed a few miles away.  Ramsay was there with the cup and remembered our neighbors and playing street hockey with us.  It was fun talking with him for a few minutes.  Sorry for boring those of you who don't know anything about 1970s hockey.  I haven't thought about those memories in years.  

We did a cruise some 30 years ago , had no idea it was a hockey cruise with players from around the league , had no idea who they were , I was playing poker and one was telling me he just got traded from Boston to Philly. One of the player was Buffalo Sabers great Dominik Hasek ,  some 40 years ago I ran into Phil Esposito on a cruise , extremely friendly guy , told some great stories just hanging out in the bar , he was still playing back then.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Impulse buy of the day.  It is kind of funny how we actually got to this point.  

I started out looking at the TP cruise next October, with a cruise after before flying back. So I was making my list of cruise fares for each leg, and researching airfare costs based on what they are this year.  First I looked at costs from Sydney back to Pittsburgh, then I looked at what it costs to fly to Honolulu now.  

I was shocked at how cheap airfare was from here to Hawaii right now. A flight on SW was just over $200.  So I started down the rabbit hole to see how hotel prices were over there, and they were pretty inexpensive.  

So while I am considering doing a Hawaii trip for next month, I thought I would look at what other flight deals there may be out there.  SW just sent me an email promoting their $99 flights to Fort Lauderdale. So down the second rabbit hole I go to see if there are any cruises that would work with those cheap airfares. 

I saw Odyssey had an 8 night that would fit perfectly.  Before I even finished booking it, Susan had already booked the flights and the hotel for the pre-cruise stay. 

So Odyssey wins out, and we sail in 23 days.  Already checked in and have our boarding times and set sail pass.  Now to get the home test kits ordered and put some OBC on the reservation. 

This one goes to Coco Cay (a first for us because other cruises were canceled-but we will be there twice in January).  Then on to Curaçao (another first) and Aruba (been there before, and will enjoy again). 

It will also be a first for this class ship, since both our Anthem and Ovation cruises were canceled.  

I can’t wait to be back in cruising mode.  I am already printing my packing list. 

Excellent!    That is nice itinerary - we always enjoy going to any of the ABC islands and I am sure you will too!      Perfect timing with SW having their sale to FLL.

Looking forward to your photos of your cruise.

• Like 1

Good evening.

It has been raining and only 50°F today.

While Pauline was at the hairdresser's I called into my TA and booked another P&O cruise for next year so we are both happy tonight.

We now have 3 Royal Caribbean and 3 P&O cruises to look forward to.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad for you, G&P. Are those P&O cruises to some ports, or "same old, same old"?

We are sailing from Southampton and there are a couple of ports we have never visited in the Mediterranean but we have been to many Mediterranean ports and never tire seeing them again.

2 of our Royal Caribbean cruises are from Southampton England too plus Bella's cruise.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a cruise some 30 years ago , had no idea it was a hockey cruise with players from around the league , had no idea who they were , I was playing poker and one was telling me he just got traded from Boston to Philly. One of the player was Buffalo Sabers great Dominik Hasek ,  some 40 years ago I ran into Phil Esposito on a cruise , extremely friendly guy , told some great stories just hanging out in the bar , he was still playing back then.

Loved it when Hasek was the Sabres goalie.  Always felt like they could win any game.  Seemed like both Phil and Tony Esposito played forever.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

When posting from your phone. And you are posting a couple pictures. How do you get the writing above the individual picture?  

Ty

Whether posting from a computer or a phone, if you first position the cursor somewhere in a post before hitting insert on the picture, the picture will be put where the cursor is.  You could type a few paragraphs of text, and put any number of pictures after each paragraph depending on where you put the cursor.  When I insert a picture, I hit Enter twice before inserting another picture.  This leaves a blank line between pictures.  Makes the pics easier to see AND allows you to put the cursor in the blank line after the pictures have been inserted to enter more text.  Hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great catch by Owen. Especially as a soccer player where they can't use their hands. He's talented.

We literally drove down the road 18 minutes to go from football to ball tryouts. One ended at 4:40 and the other started at 5pm. We fed and watered him in the car in the way.

I guess tomorrow is cut day for football.  Ball tryouts end on Saturday and hockey tryouts end Sunday. Nothing after school tomorrow. A first this week. 

Their hockey team won 10–1 last night. We play the same team again Saturday and Sunday and it’s the first year of hitting. It might be nasty by Sunday.😜

Edit: just hit a ball to the left out field fence with his wood bat. 🤯

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Loved it when Hasek was the Sabres goalie.  Always felt like they could win any game.  Seemed like both Phil and Tony Esposito played forever.

My wife’s sister had cancer and was in a Buffalo hospital, she loved Hasek and he visited her, he spends time in the hospital to cheer up the patients ( unfortunately she passed away last year)

• Like 3

@bobmacliberty

Whether posting from a computer or a phone, if you first position the cursor somewhere in a post before hitting insert on the picture, the picture will be put where the cursor is.

Just tried it with posting one picture at a time, then hit enter, didn't work, the pictures are still "glued" together... Oh well, I'll stick with my old "method" of posting, then hitting "edit" and insert spaces...

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

When posting from your phone. And you are posting a couple pictures. How do you get the writing above the individual picture?  

Ty

I have problems sometimes from the iPad too.  I am sure there are more than one way to do it but this is how I do it. My problem it not being able to click back in with my finger so to start I click into the box and hit return about 3 times.  This causes the cursor to drop three lines.  Thin I choose the pic I want, copy it and come back to CC. I tap back to the top of the box and type what I want above the first pic. Doing this allows space under what you are typing.  I then double tap under the typing and hit paste.

image.thumb.jpeg.2812bfda01a22bfbb0d63d09e1610149.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2812bfda01a22bfbb0d63d09e1610149.jpeg

Once you hit paste the pic will show up under the box.  Immediately click insert on the pic and it will insert where you tried to paste. ( with CC glitches sometimes things post twice 😂) There should now be enough space under your pic to easily tap with your finger. Type what you want above the second pic, click return again to lower the cursor then copy and paste the next pic.

image.thumb.jpeg.5550d8f267171437d1d0418b6ddfa4c7.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife’s sister had cancer and was in a Buffalo hospital, she loved Hasek and he visited her, he spends time in the hospital to cheer up the patients ( unfortunately she passed away last year)

Sorry to hear about your wife's sister George.

Graham.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will try to remember to let you know my opinion on the place.  If I forget remind me. 

That’s where I booked for our February oasis cruise, so I will be interested too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Ty

This is how I do it: 

I type my message.

Hit the "return" key.   

Hit "Add file".  Choose my picture.

Hit "return" key twice to make a double space.

Type my message. 

Hit "return" key.

Hit "Add file" to choose another picture.

Hit "return" key twice and type message.

Hit "return" key.

Hit "Add file" to choose another picture.

Repeat as many times as you have pictures to post.

Always remember to hit "return" twice to give a space in between each picture to make the post look neater.  The double space will also allow you to go back to a picture and add a message above that picture.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Ty

I do something similar to what Bob said. If I know that I will have a long post, I will type it in notes on my iPhone.  I will highlight and copy it, then paste it in the reply box on CC. 

Next, I upload all the photos I want to include in the post, and put the cursor at the point I want a photo inserted.  Scroll down and double tap the photo to insert, and tap again to insert an extra line.   Put the cursor where you want the next one, and repeat. 

I don’t know if there is a right or wrong way. Just what works for you.  If you do try to insert a video clip, do it last.  I have had problems if I didn’t do it last. 

Good luck. 

8 minutes ago, George C said:

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's sister, George.

Graham.

+ 1

😢

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise on Symphony. We will experience her next September.

Thanks, but if we end up on Symphony, we would be on the wrong ship.  We are on Odyssey.  Although I wouldn’t mind one on Symphony too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I got lucky and was able to touch Lord Stanley's Cup once. 

Same thing for my son and I.  We took him and his wife on a trip to Toronto when they were living in Buffalo.  The cup was there, and we have our picture with it.  

He went to the first Winter Classic in Buffalo with some of his college friends.  I took him to the one at Heinz Field when it was there.  Fun times. 

And yes, @A&L_Ont, the HHOF is a must for hockey fans. 

• Like 3