"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife,home now post surgery is on home rehab for 3 to 4 weeks.She is on bed rest now for the most part.

Our daughters come here after work to prepare our meals for the following day and do laundry.

Pleased to hear your dear wife is home Lenny after her operation.

Sending prayers 🙏 for a quick and full recovery.

Graham.

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife,home now post surgery is on home rehab for 3 to 4 weeks.She is on bed rest now for the most part.

Our daughters come here after work to prepare our meals for the following day and do laundry.

Good to hear that your wife is home and resting.

You are blessed with good daughters.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 

Congratulations on such an important milestone, Mimi & Dick. Please keep going 🌺

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

You both look lovely. And I love your hair and the color and highlights. :classic_biggrin:

+1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We lost our youngest to opioid abuse, but his twin daughters and their husbands and little ones live close by. 

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Mimi, I am very sorry to hear about your youngest. Sending you a big hug of comfort.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry. This seems to happen to a lot of people some of who are friends of mine. Thank goodness you have the rest of family close by.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Deepest sympathies for the news of your youngest.

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sending you another hug also!  (((( Mimi ))))

😢 + 5

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Wishing you both a very Happy 60th wedding anniversary.

You both look far to young to be celebrating 60 years.

+1 💐

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations! but I don't believe it was your 60th. You must have married when you were 9 years old.

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

+ 3 

Though I was more even more "conservative".... 10 years old 😉

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats!  I am so jealous. That new suite neighborhood looks sweet. And not needing to change cabins,  excellent. 

I still can't believe it myself.   Was happy to score some good luck...... just when I needed it this week!  🙂 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad to hear she is home and your daughters will be helping out.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We lost our youngest to opioid abuse, but his twin daughters and their husbands and little ones live close by. 

So sorry to hear about this.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations! but I don't believe it was your 60th. You must have married when you were 9 years old.

Ha! I was practically an old maid for those times…I was 25. And yes, that makes me 85 now. 
My outside looks a little better than the inside, held together with string and chewing gum!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Ha! I was practically an old maid for those times…I was 25. And yes, that makes me 85 now. 
My outside looks a little better than the inside, held together with string and chewing gum!

LOL....sounds like my insides....but my outsides seem to match up with that too.  😄 

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You look so much younger.I have two friends who will also be 85 this year and look much younger.It must be the NYC water.😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@jagsfan
Mimi, I have a question for you.

I see you are in the Jacksonville area? I was wondering if you can give me some info/your two cents on the Jacksonville Beach area? We were thinking of doing an overnight stop enroute to FLL before our cruise. We usually stay in St Augustine, but were thinking of something different. Thanks.

Jax Beach has oceanfront hotels and some across the street. Some pretty good restaurants. The beach itself is nice…plenty of sand and room to spread out. 
Other than that, I can’t think of anything to actually do!

Palm Valley Fish Camp has really good food and is on the Intracoastal Waterway. 

Case Marina Hotel is oceanfront and has a rooftop bar. You’d need to check with them to confirm that it’s open. 
The beaches are about 15 miles east of 95. 
If you are driving south on 95, you can hop on 295 just south of Jax airport for the east side beltway. 
From there  you’d take Butler Blvd straight to the beach pretty quickly. It’s limited access and ends at A1A. 
From there, left would be Jax Beach, and right would be Sawgrass and a nice Marriott. 
I’d love to be heading to Pt Everglades fir a cruise!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Congratulations on such an important milestone, Mimi & Dick. Please keep going 🌺

+1

😢 + 5

+1 💐

+ 3 

Though I was more even more "conservative".... 10 years old 😉

I was the first of my close friends to get married.I was 23.One of my friends waited till age 66 to get married.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wow! you look exceptional.  I would never believe it!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...doing the happy dance!!  Whoooo...hooo!  

Finally got confirmation of the switch from Allure to Wonder (way faster than I expected!).  They were able to keep me in a GS for all three legs...but would have had to transfer on last leg to another GS.  

Call to D+ desk, and with some investigation between the rep on the phone and myself, we took us out of all three cabins in favor of totally different GS (all same deck) and all in same cabin in better location (mid deck starboard).   Plus she was able to transfer my missing OBC over for the TA.  

Now that really made my day...heck made my week!!  😄 

WooHoo --- today will be one extra special Happy Hour!     Congratulations!   Happy it has worked out for you and Bucky🥰

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is amazing.  I wonder if that is a world record.   They went all in with building the structure to support it.  Even an umbrella at the top.  WOW!

It is pretty crazy, the entire thing.  It reminds me of the Dr Seuss House in Alaska.  Just add one more level of craziness type of idea. 

BCFBD933-82CE-4E4E-9720-F4D5E2A5D27A.png.95b0d5e2ca7f9654d4b69d9ae4f5603d.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I got my third last month through CVS  before they were told by CDC they could officially do the third. Easy peasy. No real side effects other than slight sore arm (less than 2nd dose) and I felt a little blah the next day. Third dose of the Pfizer is the same as the first two. I highly recommend that anyone who can get the booster.

• Like 4