"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We’re Moderna, and there’s no telling when they’ll approve a booster. 
The great thing is the report that Moderna is giving the highest immunity. 
That buys us a little time. 

Jack and I got Moderna 3rd shot at Walmart last week.  No problem at all.  It's there that I learned what they are giving are 3rd shots, same as the 2nd, not a special different booster.  

I also read that Moderna has a higher immunity percentage.  

@lenquixote66Lenny, so glad to read your wife is home recuperating and that your daughters are taking such good care of you both.

@island lady Pat, so glad you get to do the happy dance for your Wonder cruise!

• Like 3

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  He's waited a long time for this.  He would've gone last year, but with the Covid so prevalent, he was hesitant to go into the hospital at that time.  After getting home from Naples this past May, we thought he would've been scheduled sometime around July, but that didn't happen.  Better late than never!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is pretty crazy, the entire thing.  It reminds me of the Dr Seuss House in Alaska.  Just add one more level of craziness type of idea. 

BCFBD933-82CE-4E4E-9720-F4D5E2A5D27A.png.95b0d5e2ca7f9654d4b69d9ae4f5603d.png

Good thing they don’t have hurricanes. That would probably be gone in a heart beat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sure she is happy to be home and happy to see your smiling face again too!

That is great that your Daughters live nearby and are able to help.😍

Only one daughter lives nearby.The other one lives in upstate NY but also has an apartment in Manhattan because she works in Long Island.She goes home on weekends but probably starting next week her husband and 4 legged son will be back in Manhattan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

When I was 18 and 19, almost all of my friends were getting married. I actually had people ask me if I was worried. 

So I got engaged. Had one of those light bulb moments two months before the wedding when I realized I did not want to marry my fiancé!

So I broke the engagement. My parents put a nice little notice in the paper in the midst of engagement and wedding photos that my marriage would not take place. 
Oddly enough, I don’t remember being embarrassed; I started dating again, and one of the guys I was dating invited me to dinner with his family. His sister’s boyfriend was invited and he brought an old friend who had just come home from the service. 
I married the old friend!

My wife and I officially met in 1965 but unofficially in 1962.We were both working for the same company but on different floors and aside from saying hello in the elevator had no communication.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Lenny, I'm so glad that all went well with your wife's surgery and that she's on home rehab.  What wonderful daughters you have!  It sounds like you are one lucky fellow!

Yes,I am .My daughter who lives in Long Island works in Brooklyn and leaves her house at 5:30 AM primarily because teaches in a school in a high crime area and wants to find parking as close to the school entrance as possible.She leaves work at 4 PM,comes to my house on the way home to make meals for us,do laundry,take out the garbage then goes home.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I got Moderna 3rd shot at Walmart last week.  No problem at all.  It's there that I learned what they are giving are 3rd shots, same as the 2nd, not a special different booster.  

I also read that Moderna has a higher immunity percentage.  

@lenquixote66Lenny, so glad to read your wife is home recuperating and that your daughters are taking such good care of you both.

@island lady Pat, so glad you get to do the happy dance for your Wonder cruise!

Thanks,Bonnie

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie got his third Covid vaccine this morning.  Hoping for no side effects🤞

Hoping for the same thing,Marietta.I should be getting mine sometime in October.I am due for my flu shot and want to space them apart by at least 2 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Pat and Bucky!!  Sounds like you've hit the jackpot on this trip after all!🛳️

Mimi, you've said exactly how I feel, only you stated it for me, and probably for everyone on this thread.  I believe we are all friends on here.  We surely share our thoughts and experiences on here, and isn't that what friends do?  Thank you, Mimi!  And, thank you once again, Dani, for bringing us all together.❤️

Dani should get a CC certitificate of merit for starting this wonderful thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  He's waited a long time for this.  He would've gone last year, but with the Covid so prevalent, he was hesitant to go into the hospital at that time.  After getting home from Naples this past May, we thought he would've been scheduled sometime around July, but that didn't happen.  Better late than never!

Good news😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Will be thinking of you and Jim on Monday.  Please let us all know how the surgery goes.  

I'm always amazed how quick they have people up and walking after knee and hip replacements.   He will be doing laps before you know it😀

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hoping for the same thing,Marietta.I should be getting mine sometime in October.I am due for my flu shot and want to space them apart by at least 2 weeks.

He waited a week and a half after the flu shot.  They said they give the vaccines together but I wouldn’t take that chance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He waited a week and a half after the flu shot.  They said they give the vaccines together but I wouldn’t take that chance.

My primary care doctor said to take them 2 weeks apart.I have to wait for my wife to heal because if I have a negative reaction she will not be able to help me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

When was that?  Good to know the chain Pharmacies are giving them out.  I was not sure if Moderna was offered right now.  I know Pfizer was recently approved.  

We are both in the "golden oldies" as being over 65.  

He got it this morning.  No lines, nothing like our first two shots.  We were in and out after the 15 minute wait.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Will be thinking of you and Jim on Monday.  Please let us all know how the surgery goes.  

I'm always amazed how quick they have people up and walking after knee and hip replacements.   He will be doing laps before you know it😀

Thank you, Debbie.  I certainly will let you know.  I'd love to see Jim do laps! LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Nor would I.  I'll get my flu shot in about a week or two, then I'll be getting my second Shingrex shot around November/December.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I officially met in 1965 but unofficially in 1962.We were both working for the same company but on different floors and aside from saying hello in the elevator had no communication.

I’m glad she’s home and you’re together again. Your history goes back a long way, too.