Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

 

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

Will do some kind of rice and fresh greens.

 

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

TSOD...HOG

 

Call your chicken what ever you want. All I know is it sounds yum, yummy. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I actually think I could of put more avocado in it. The melon liqueur and the grand mariner smooth it out very nicely. Here is the recipe.

In a blender blend

2oz Tequila

1.5 oz Melon Liqueur

1.5 oz Agave

1 oz Lime Juice

1/4 Avocado

Pink Salt for Rim

1.5 Cup of Ice

 

Try it I think you will really like it.

 

 

I do what @Ocean Boy recommends. Just do your draft in Notes or Simple Text then copy and paste.

Sounds like you need a couple more shots of tequila 😁😁
TSOTD Buffalo Bills 

Edited by George C
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I forgot to mention that I Googled Bravecto and some side effects can be:  lethargy, vomiting, loss of appetite…. Yes, it definitely was the flea medicine.  Thanks for the suggestion of Revolution. We’ve used it in the past…and I believe the Pet Armour also works well…. I just thought the idea of a dose that worked for three months was a good idea…but not so for my wallet and their tummies.

 

Samantha is so adorable!!

 

We had to make changes to accommodate our furry friends.  After all, we are just cat valets.  Minnie, for example, does not believe in closed doors.  We used to sleep behind closed doors…not anymore.  Rattle, rattle, RATTLE!!!  There is actually nothing more soothing than falling asleep or waking up to purring. 🥰

 

Indeed the best...purrr..purrr...purr.  Best sleep medicine in the world.  Sigh...miss it a lot.  I am living vicariously through you and our other Cat Mommas on this thread.  

 

Also the same.  No way could we keep any doors closed, especially the bedroom door!!  🙀  One door we did insist on keeping closed ....was the walk in closet door.  Boy oh boy, when she got a chance to dive in there, she would.  We laughed and called it "the black hole"....she could get lost in there.  😉 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Cruise's end already??? That was quick 😢.

 

"Me" thinks a week long cruise is too short. At least 10-11 days will be puurrrrfect for "me" 😉.

 

 

Same here.  We used to do 3 or 4 night weekender cruises when we were still working, except for the last job...slave driver boss made me work weekends too.   😮 

 

Then, after we both retired, we started with the week long cruises...even then those got to be too short.  Now...2 weeks is our usual, and many are longer.  Though could not do the longer ones when we were "pet parents".    Missed them too much.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

 

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

Will do some kind of rice and fresh greens.

 

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

 

Oh that sounds super yummy!  Might want to try that myself!  😋

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 
 

Headed to a local bar to watch the Bills play with a bunch of Bills Mafia in this area.  Should be fun. I’ll wrap up our cruise with several more thoughts either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how well the Bills did and how much beer was involved. 

I guess you enjoyed your post cruise game! 
My team, of course, lost. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

 

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

Will do some kind of rice and fresh greens.

 

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

I will try this some day. It sounds very good. Will you post a picture, only if you can?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

Same here.  We used to do 3 or 4 night weekender cruises when we were still working, except for the last job...slave driver boss made me work weekends too.   😮 

 

Then, after we both retired, we started with the week long cruises...even then those got to be too short.  Now...2 weeks is our usual, and many are longer.  Though could not do the longer ones when we were "pet parents".    Missed them too much.   

I love 12 day cruises. With 7, I feel like I’m just starting to remember where I put everything, and it’s time to pack again. 
Our  last cruise was a 27 day Princess in 2019. It was fantastic, but wore Dick out.  He said he was done with anything longer than 7. Hence our 7 day March 2020/21/22. I hope 22!
Now he says he will do one under 14 days…drive to port. Royal is not accommodating us…best I could do was an Allure 8 day. 
Vision has an itinerary that would give me maximum days, but what I like about Royal is the Aqua Theater and ice show. 
That eliminates Vision. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got home. Walked out of our cabin at 7:50 and we’re loading luggage into our car around 8:00. No suite concierge walkoff but not needed. Home at 10:55. I’m liking this drive to the port thing. 

Glad you got home safely,  I enjoyed your pictures and posts,  Bob!

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Welcome home after a great cruise. We too may have relocate after retirement. I like the idea of not having to fly to get on the ship. We could cruise more.

Greg, it really is wonderful when you can just drive to the Ports.  We're at the top of Alligator Alley, so it doesn't take long to drive to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Ports.  Cape Liberty in NJ is only and hour, hour and a half for us.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 70°F and sunny.

We had a nice church service this morning then went out for lunch.

Prayers 🙏 for anyone connected to the Montana Amtrak train crash yesterday.

Graham.

 

IMG_20210926_122506.jpg

IMG_20210926_114949.jpg

 

Screenshot_20210926_163410.jpg

IMG_20210926_114845.jpg

Graham, lunch pictures look great, as does Pauline, but....where's the fish and chips??  

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Cruise's end already??? That was quick 😢.

 

"Me" thinks a week long cruise is too short. At least 10-11 days will be puurrrrfect for "me" 😉.

 

Absolutely!  7 days is a short cruise for me, as well!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

TSOTD is Costa Maya

 

Tonight's Diner will be Chicken ala Didi.  Its thin chicken cutlets rolled up with ham and swiss cheese that is browned in live olive oil and fresh garlic then simmered in chicken gravy for about an hr.

Will do some kind of rice and fresh greens.

 

It got its name from a french boss I had many years ago.  His wife gave me the recipe and her name is Didi.

Jim makes what we call "Bert's Chicken".  Our dear friend Bert used to bake chicken cutlets with mayo parmagiana cheese and bread crumbs.  It originated on the Hellman's mayonnaise jar.  It's a big hit around here.  It's sooo good!

I wish I could remember how I used to make mahi mahi with mayonnaise years ago when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  Anyone have any suggestions?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love 12 day cruises. With 7, I feel like I’m just starting to remember where I put everything, and it’s time to pack again. 
Our  last cruise was a 27 day Princess in 2019. It was fantastic, but wore Dick out.  He said he was done with anything longer than 7. Hence our 7 day March 2020/21/22. I hope 22!
Now he says he will do one under 14 days…drive to port. Royal is not accommodating us…best I could do was an Allure 8 day. 
Vision has an itinerary that would give me maximum days, but what I like about Royal is the Aqua Theater and ice show. 
That eliminates Vision. 

We usually did 14 night cruises.7 is too short .The only 7’s we liked is when we went to Bermuda and had 3 overnights.We never did longer than 14.

Friends of ours who only cruise on Princess only do back to back 14 nighters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Jim makes what we call "Bert's Chicken".  Our dear friend Bert used to bake chicken cutlets with mayo parmagiana cheese and bread crumbs.  It originated on the Hellman's mayonnaise jar.  It's a big hit around here.  It's sooo good!

I wish I could remember how I used to make mahi mahi with mayonnaise years ago when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Lucky Nana it sounds delish.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We usually did 14 night cruises.7 is too short .The only 7’s we liked is when we went to Bermuda and had 3 overnights.We never did longer than 14.

Friends of ours who only cruise on Princess only do back to back 14 nighters.

Princess has absolutely wonderful itineraries. 
Now that we’re operating on a budget, though, I checked Princess Club Class mini suites against Royal’s Jrs and the cost was double. I don’t know if I’ll even try for dinner in Coastal Kitchen, but the Club Class section of the Princess MDR was a total delight. However, Royal all the way around offers more bang for my buck. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Princess has absolutely wonderful itineraries. 
Now that we’re operating on a budget, though, I checked Princess Club Class mini suites against Royal’s Jrs and the cost was double. I don’t know if I’ll even try for dinner in Coastal Kitchen, but the Club Class section of the Princess MDR was a total delight. However, Royal all the way around offers more bang for my buck. 

We only do OV cabins. We had balconies twice and one of us did not care for that . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, this morning I took the electric hedge trimmer out front to trim some of the bushes;  after trimming two of the hedges,  I began trimming the azaleas.   All of a sudden, I saw movement in one of the azaleas.  OMG, there was a birds nest, and I must've just about grazed the nest, and there was a baby bird now sitting on the branches next to the nest.  I was so afraid that I had hit the baby, and the momma bird was frantically chirping a few feet away.  I was so upset.  I then saw there was another baby bird in the nest as I put the baby bird back in the nest.  Luckily all were well.  That was it for me with the trimmer today.  Note to self...check the bushes first next time.  Poor little things😔

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So, this morning I took the electric hedge trimmer out front to trim some of the bushes;  after trimming two of the hedges,  I began trimming the azaleas.   All of a sudden, I saw movement in one of the azaleas.  OMG, there was a birds nest, and I must've just about grazed the nest, and there was a baby bird now sitting on the branches next to the nest.  I was so afraid that I had hit the baby, and the momma bird was frantically chirping a few feet away.  I was so upset.  I then saw there was another baby bird in the nest as I put the baby bird back in the nest.  Luckily all were well.  That was it for me with the trimmer today.  Note to self...check the bushes first next time.  Poor little things😔

We never had birds in bushes but we did have birds in our outside vent who apparently wanted to visit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We only do OV cabins. We had balconies twice and one of us did not care for that . 

I got tired of paying for OV cabins with so much salt encrusted on the windows that I couldn't see anything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So, this morning I took the electric hedge trimmer out front to trim some of the bushes;  after trimming two of the hedges,  I began trimming the azaleas.   All of a sudden, I saw movement in one of the azaleas.  OMG, there was a birds nest, and I must've just about grazed the nest, and there was a baby bird now sitting on the branches next to the nest.  I was so afraid that I had hit the baby, and the momma bird was frantically chirping a few feet away.  I was so upset.  I then saw there was another baby bird in the nest as I put the baby bird back in the nest.  Luckily all were well.  That was it for me with the trimmer today.  Note to self...check the bushes first next time.  Poor little things😔

I have done that in the past. In addition to birds I have encountered hornet nests also. Now I try to do most of the trimming in late fall.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have done that in the past. In addition to birds I have encountered hornet nests also. Now I try to do most of the trimming in late fall.

 

We have encountered birds nest and also baby bunnies.  My DH now is very careful when he uses the weedwacker near the bushes.🐰🐇

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Free Charter Air & Hotels on Antarctica Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...