Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It has been raining heavily for 2 day's and a lot of places are flooded.

We have had a delicious meal today.

Graham.

We just finished with a nor'easter. A lot of rain, flooding down by the beach and power outages due to wind and down trees. At least it wasn't snow. All in all, we have had far worse in the past. It is part of life by the ocean. I wouldn't trade it.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I know what you mean. My mom and her half-sister has/had dementia. Every time I can't think of a word I stress out. I play a lot of word games hoping that will help brain function.

Forgetfulness is a normal part of aging. And also a sign of a preoccupied mind. How many times has a teenager complained "They forgot" something you told them because they are too busy thinking teenager thoughts.

The frustrating thing is you never know when you slide from "normal" forgetfulness to dementia it is such a slow, gradual process, it goes unnoticed.

But it sounds like you are doing all the right things by challenging your mind, learning new things and staying socially engaged.  While it might not help, it certainly won't hurt.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

But that is why we have Google :classic_tongue: I just had to look up the medication that my mom was taking for her fear of memory loss. It was Aricept. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

My mother took that as well.  Not sure if it was a case of too little, too late or not the appropriate drug.  She had a version of Alzheimer's called FTLD which alters a persons behavior/personality and their ability to speak before the memory loss happens.

I actually had to Google that as well because I could not remember which version she had. I'm chalking that up to preoccupied mind tho. 😉.  My 2 sisters can remember things in vivid detail such as what shirt I was wearing & what I ate at a certain dinner 20 years ago. It's annoying. lol

My brother, on the other hand, has a memory worse than mine. Maybe its a boy-girl thing.

• Like 3

Today woke up to foggy weather.

But, all in all it is a beautiful fall day with the trees showing off their colors.

Last night we ventured out over the border to go shopping.

Yup took the 6 miles to get into Pennsylvania.

We figured we would go to one of our favorite dining places HICKORY GRILL, and it did not let us down.

They do things right

We started off with a glass of Merlot and the DH had a 7&7.

(I do not know the wine pairing with fish, so it is what it is)  This is my go to wine.

Dinner salads with Thousand Island and the DH had Blue cheese

Then the main course

I enjoyed the Yerling battered Cod and the DH had their Walnut encrusted Salmon

Our sides were sweet potato fries and his fries

As usual it was an awesome dinner.

No pictures, but just think Graham and his fish, and mine was just as picturesque.

Afterwards we went to the world renowned Christmas store (Kraynaks) that has a display of Christmas trees and all the ornaments you can ever think of as well as toys, trains and gifty shop stuff.  Yadi yadi yadi. 

We went specifically looking for a tribute case to display my DH's fathers memorial flag.  We found it.

(Once I remember where I left my phone I will take a picture of the case and share).

Then we decided to look at artificial trees.

Big mistake

Big tree or as my bestie friend calls them  "Hanukkah Bush"

We ended up getting a 7- 1/2 foot Pre-lit with colored lights-------- Colorado spruce.

The Box it came in showed a total weight of 65 pounds.

Got it home and box and all is resting in the dining room so the cat can gnaw on the cardboard.

Today in the states is is part of National Respiratory Care Week.

And our Community is going all out for the care they continue to provide for those afflicted by COVID.  (The DH is a  manager in charge of the Respiratory Care Department and has to deal with many concerns and emotional events during this Pandemic from staffing, to illness to seeing many families suffering loss of loved ones).

They are getting spoiled rotted as they should.  Food, shirts, treats, press.

They have endured much over the last 19 months and they are the forgotten heroes.

Ok, I am picking up and delivering lunch today for the crew. 

As well as look for my phone.

Later

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We started off with a glass of Merlot and the DH had a 7&7.

(I do not know the wine pairing with fish, so it is what it is)  This is my go to wine.

White meat = White wine

Red meat = Red wine

At least that is what I was taught. I find my personal preference to be:

Any food = Any wine

No food = Any wine.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It has been raining heavily for 2 day's and a lot of places are flooded.

And a good morning from the Sea Dog. it's been raining off and on for 24 hours here in the middle of the country but my poor friends on the east coast are getting pounded. If it keeps up I may be able cruise from the middle of my country.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We just finished with a nor'easter. A lot of rain, flooding down by the beach and power outages due to wind and down trees. At least it wasn't snow. All in all, we have had far worse in the past. It is part of life by the ocean. I wouldn't trade it.

How did your friend Taylor's house stand up to the storm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very glad to see the three days of rain has ended today.  Lots of stuff down in the yard but nothing too big.  Never lost power at least.  Unfortunately, the weather caused the cancellation of our new driveway install on Monday, after waiting two months.  Luckily, no rain today means new driveway!  

At least I can watch Survivor this morning as I have to stay here.

• Like 4

Found my phone. 

Here are pictures of the display case and emblem. 
My FIL was an Air Force Academy Graduate.  When the plane he was on went down over Libya he was not on an active mission during Vietnam conflict. Hence. His name was not given honor on  “The Wall”. But in our hearts we know he served his country, and died a hero. 

57 years have gone by.  Time flies. As he did when he served proudly.  

466FAD92-185B-4837-8B42-E8C536F1D352.jpeg

85308CD6-C084-46BC-9A0D-5D32CFC2B4B9.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope she breaks the hour glass. It will cause much more reaction than if she leaves things as they are. Besides, it is the safe people that banished her into solitary.

I think if she didn’t smash it, she will be voted off the  next chance they have.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I am so glad to have this group to connect to, while we share whatever is going on in our lives!

Thank you for being my friends!

Mimi, we are all so very fortunate to have found this thread and to have shared so much with our friends on here.   We're all rooting for you.  🙏

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My mom got it. A rare form that starts early. She was in late 60's when it became noticeable but looking back, she was showing signs in her early 60's that were just dismissed as "senior moments'. 

I'm 57 so of course, I'm concerned. tick, tick, tick....

I've talked to my Neurologist about my fear of having a stroke, like my Mom.  She had 2 strokes, macular degeneration which stole her sight, and mild dementia.  The dr assured me I was doing everything right, our genes aren't the only things that effect our health.🤞  My eye surgeon told me there aren't any signs of macular degeneration, so there's that....

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

. Every time I can't think of a word I stress out. 

I surely relate to that!

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Wish we still had that over here. We had a couple of series about 20 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Now we just have the celebrity version each year. Its called 'I'm a celebrity...get me out of here'

For the last two years it's been filmed in a ruined Welsh castle because of covid 

We no longer have cable, but our daughter pays for Prime Video with the CBS channel due to Survivor being broadcast on that station.  We have never missed a Season.

I can't watch Below Deck, since I wouldn't know where to find it on our Roku.🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm enjoying it.  It will be very interesting to see how the new twist that they threw in last night will play out.

I think we all know what the decision will be😉

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Forgetfulness is a normal part of aging. And also a sign of a preoccupied mind. 

But it sounds like you are doing all the right things by challenging your mind, learning new things and staying socially engaged.  While it might not help, it certainly won't hurt.

Sound advice!  

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Then we decided to look at artificial trees.

Big tree or as my bestie friend calls them  "Hanukkah Bush"

Today in the states is is part of National Respiratory Care Week.

And our Community is going all out for the care they continue to provide for those afflicted by COVID.

They are getting spoiled rotted as they should.  Food, shirts, treats, press.

They have endured much over the last 19 months and they are the forgotten heroes.

Having a real tree has always been an important priority for Jim.  I grew up with an artificial tree, so a real tree has been my pleasure for the past 50 years of our marriage.  We had 10 foot ceilings, so Jim always went all-out to get the biggest, tallest tree.  They were all so beautiful.  Since moving to this house with lower ceilings, it's been an adjustment in picking the right height tree.  We leave for Florida just before New Years, so you can imagine how this has become a challenge to get everything "Christmas" put away.  I'm so ready to get an artificial tree (maybe even with the lights attached), but we'll see.  I mean, there's nothing like the enchanting smell of a real tree.  There's also nothing like the clean-up of needles as the tree is taken out of the living room...

Sue, thank you for your Service in such an important and vital part in saving people's lives on a daily basis.  God Bless you, and everyone in the medical field!❤️

Okay, time for me to learn how to close our Koi Pond.  It's always been Jim's job, but he'll now direct me to do the parts that he can't, due to his knee surgery.  Have a great morning, everyone!

@Sunshine...Debbie, you have a great day for traveling!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think if she didn’t smash it, she will be voted off the  next chance they have.

I agree that breaking it seems like the obvious thing to do. I’ve heard several former participants say that what’s really happening is different from the 50 minutes of video that the producers choose to put in the show. You never know what her thought process might be. She doesn’t seem too confident and may choose not to rock the boat. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Very glad to see the three days of rain has ended today.  Lots of stuff down in the yard but nothing too big.  Never lost power at least.  Unfortunately, the weather caused the cancellation of our new driveway install on Monday, after waiting two months.  Luckily, no rain today means new driveway!  

Lucky you!  4 months and we’re still waiting for our new driveway. At this point, we resigned ourselves to the fact that it’s probably not happening until spring. 

@jagsfan Mimi - I’m sitting on the 7th floor of the MD Anderson Cancer Center right now while

Micheline has her initial appointment with her new Doctor. You may have already been here, but I’m very impressed. The people here are great…friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable.  And the building is beautiful. Great view of the St Johns River (even though it’s raining). I’m thinking of you and are even more confident now that you are in great hands!  

• Like 10

Lots going on here. Youngest DD has once again broken up with the a&@?!  boyfriend. 
We never lost power from the storm, but both local daughters did so we had them, SIL, 2 granddaughters and 2 dogs here all day yesterday (DD’s & SIL work from home so needed our electricity & internet) and overnight. They both got power back during the night so have returned to their respective homes this morning. 
We decided against the Anthem cruise on 11/28. Just too much. We are back at Disney 11/5-13 with all the kids & grandkids. From there, Andy & I are spending a couple of days in Hilton Head to recuperate 🙂.  Then before we know it will be Thanksgiving. 
Maybe we’ll do something in January out of FL since I still have some airline credits in my pocket. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Lucky you!  4 months and we’re still waiting for our new driveway. At this point, we resigned ourselves to the fact that it’s probably not happening until spring. 

I started getting estimates in August but the company I wanted to use didn't think he would be able to do the driveway this year, so I called a few more.  One guy looked like he just crawled out of a bar and said he could do it the next week and gave me an estimate on the spot after one measurement.  I passed on him.  The guy I have here now was someone we saw around and had one friend that had used him.  He also works with the company that had to fix the cement in the garage first, so the two of them coordinated their schedules.  So far, I am happy with what they are doing.  Old driveway is almost out.  No calls from any neighbors yet, so that is good.  I really didn't want to wait for spring because the other driveway was in such bad shape we have to snowblow and then shovel because it was so uneven.  This winter will hopefully be a lot easier to clear the driveway.

C7BF260D-7157-4F05-87AA-1266FC92307E.jpeg

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@jagsfan Mimi - I’m sitting on the 7th floor of the MD Anderson Cancer Center right now while

Micheline has her initial appointment with her new Doctor. You may have already been here, but I’m very impressed. The people here are great…friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable.  And the building is beautiful. Great view of the St Johns River (even though it’s raining). I’m thinking of you and are even more confident now that you are in great hands!  

Hope the appointment goes well with Micheline. She will be in my thoughts.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No loss of power for me either. That is fortunate as it would have meant no electric blanket!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Last night I had the absolutely worst side effects ever from taking a flu shot.

I had fever,chills,pain ,tremors and I could not get off the bed to go to the bathroom.Toby had to pick me up and even that did not work that well.

I took pain medication at 3:30 AM and that knocked me out .

This morning I am feeling okay,but what a night.

• Like 5

Tomorrow will be my last day at work. It doesn't seem real. I find myself getting very emotional talking to the people I love and respect for more than 38 years.

Today I finish editing some last minute projects including a piece for our Monday Night Football Special Chiefs vs Giants. The piece looks back at the last time the Chiefs played the Giants. It was the first NFL football game played after 911 in Kansas City. It was a very emotional moment in sports history. The other is the final political commentary piece that I help produce and edit with my longtime political reporter Michael Mahoney who is the best reporter I've worked with. A true journalist and man of integrity. The commentary is about listening to different views and not just your tribe. I hope people listen.

Today first finish the noon show editing. Then my boss is taking me out to lunch and then tomorrow one last noon show and a send off party that will no doubt have me crying.

Life is good!

• Like 19