"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's a blast from the past. I loved my Sony BetaHiFI. I used it for video but also recording more than 3 hours of high fIdelity audio. It was like have a reel to reel.

I still have a reel to reel but have not used it in years.

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

SO happy to hear this piece of great news. Mallory must be so happy. 

My daughter had a ganglion cyst in her wrist. It was surgically removed, since her doctor said that it could come back if drained. It was painful. She wanted it out. So we opted for that. 

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Congratulations!   Such a wonderful honor.   I am sure this week will fly by and before you know it you will be having a blast on your cruise.   I think you should turn it into a b2b

• Like 1

Very chilly morning at Lbi.   Heading out to the Chicken or the Egg for breakfast with our neighbors.    Love their eggs benedict with crab and really good coffee too!

We will be leaving here Wednesday or Thursday to head back home.   

I'm excited to see my babies, Eva and Sparky, but will miss my daily walks on beach and bike rides.   Hardly use the cars while hear.   

• Like 6

@Sea Dog

Now I know someone famous!!!!!!!

OKAY, now let me be the first to ask:

Can I have your autograph?

Like I posted before, what a great way to recognize all the hard work and dedication to your profession.

Enjoy your success.

Be safe

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very chilly morning at Lbi.   Heading out to the Chicken or the Egg for breakfast with our neighbors.    Love their eggs benedict with crab and really good coffee too!

We will be leaving here Wednesday or Thursday to head back home.   

I'm excited to see my babies, Eva and Sparky, but will miss my daily walks on beach and bike rides.   Hardly use the cars while hear.   

It is cold here too...44°. I am not happy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We haven't been to the movies for YEARS. When we did go I would bring a very large brimmed hat. Put it on every time someone behind me kicked my seat. Got those people to stop kicking the seat real fast.

Yeah, just not worth it.  Plus wondering what your feet are resting on below you in the dark....eeww!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

The Mayo Clinic web page does not recommend the heavy book slamming method for treating ganglions.  I’m guessing the son-in-law is now happy the insurance company prevented him from paying for the MRI out of pocket.  

20 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The Mayo Clinic web page does not recommend the heavy book slamming method for treating ganglions.  I’m guessing the son-in-law is now happy the insurance company prevented him from paying for the MRI out of pocket.  

I said.... years ago.... and....  medicine has evolved.

Did I miss something about paying out of pocket?

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations Greg.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Haha. I'm not so sure about a dink but I'm always up for a drink.

Oops. Fat fingers + not wearing my glasses + a few cocktails = Poor spelling. At least you knew what i meant.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations!

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still have a reel to reel but have not used it in years.

I had a Sony reel to reel. I loved that machine. It eventually died on me. I wish I still had it.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations!   Such a wonderful honor.   I am sure this week will fly by and before you know it you will be having a blast on your cruise.   I think you should turn it into a b2b

Thank you Debbie. Hmmmm b2b...."honey get out the credit card"

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Now I know someone famous!!!!!!!

OKAY, now let me be the first to ask:

Can I have your autograph?

Like I posted before, what a great way to recognize all the hard work and dedication to your profession.

Enjoy your success.

Be safe

Lol Thank you Sue. I imagine the the best autographs are ones when it's a check made out to you.

• Like 3

Heartfelt congratulations, Greg.

Such a great achievement and a marvelous "send off" into retirement 💐

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I said.... years ago.... and....  medicine has evolved.

Did I miss something about paying out of pocket?

I was corroborating your statement . Obviously, I didn’t do it effectively. 

The out of pocket statement was independent of you .  I was just saying he must be happy he didn’t pay for that MRI. 

• Thanks 1

On our way to the wedding, and the story of the "vintage" shirt....

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

Needless to say, it was the only time I've worn it.

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

BTW, the shoes are also ~40 years old, wore only for that occasion ....

shoes.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 18

Congratulations!  How wonderful to go out into retirement in a blaze of glory!

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

I love this whole story! you will look amazing and have a grand time!

and it figures we missed it...

our favorite travel vloggers (Kara and Nate) also left for Athens yesterday.  grrr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, just not worth it.  Plus wondering what your feet are resting on below you in the dark....eeww!  

Most of our movie theaters here are tiered with reclining seats.  Nobody can reach the back of your chair and nobody can block your view in front.  Soooo comfy.

• Like 5

Congratulations Greg!  What way to end a career?!!!👏🙌🎉🥳🍾

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dress.jpg

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

I love the colors Dani!  Please share a picture of you in the whole outfit.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dress.jpg

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

Have a wonderful time.  You'll look fabulous.  Lady in Redddddddddddddddddd.  Shades of Phil Collins.  Can you give a hint where the wedding was held?  Jack and I are intrigued.  

Since folks are talking weather, it's 72 here going up to mid 80s.  No complaints here!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2