"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Leaving Nassau right now.   All aboard was 2:30, and sail away at 3 pm.

Five different groups straggling slowly along the pier at no hurry at all after 2:30.   The last group right at 3 pm.   I could see if they were all a part of a late tour...then they would have been in a group.  But these were well spaced out and just sauntering slowly towards the ship as if they had all the time in the world.  

That was bad enough...but each of the individual groups ...had small children.  The last one a 3-4 year old and one in a stroller.  Excuse me??!!  Bad enough they want to endanger themselves to miss the ship...but with your kids in tow???!!   Sorry...inexcusable.  .  I guess they have never been a ship that actually leaves people who dont make on time.  

If a royal excursionhttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=map+of+cococay+island 

Imo that Is so disrespectful.  Guess they never been on a ship that left without everyone onboard.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had a nice breakfast then got off the ship (mostly to let cabin attendant in to clean) at 9 am.  Walked all over town, including up the hill and stairs along the government buildings enjoying the history we love to visit here.   

Mostly wanted to check out the massive construction going on at the port.  Wow...wow..wow. 😮  If you did not see the posters that showed what they are putting in along the port...it is amazing!!  Lots of money being spent on a total upgrade.  Is going to be beautiful!!  Big extension on the piers as well, which will fit in even more large ships.  

Can't wait to see it in a couple of years.   You can sure see which side of the bread is being buttered!  😉  

Sad thing though...is the far end of the tacky tourist area (down near where Senior Frog's is now closed) is dead.  Lots of closed up businesses.  Double whammy with Covid shut down and the torn up construction area.  

I looked up the port construction and some mock pics of what it will be like.  It should be nice.  One time  there we thought we would go rent a car and drive the island.  They were out of rentals.  They suggested riding around the main island on the local bus.  It was a couple bucks each. There were 3 young locals that sat near us and were pointing out all the neat stuff.  Like tour guides.  They knew the driver and a couple places they asked him to stop so we could shoot some pics!  We had a lot of fun.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sad thing though...is the far end of the tacky tourist area (down near where Senior Frog's is now closed) is dead.  Lots of closed up businesses.  Double whammy with Covid shut down and the torn up construction area.

I didn't know that Senior Frog's is closed.  I have to imagine that they have a prime spot picked out for a new location once construction is complete.  There will be too many cruise passengers going through that area every day for them to stay closed.

• Like 2

Maryann, @Luckynana

I appreciate your insight regarding all those recommending a couple with 18 months twins to take the train the Civitavecchia cruise terminal....

I didn't want to raise any controversy, every one is entitled to its "budget", but I really don't see any huge savings by

* boarding a train at Termini (not to mention paying for [4] tickets and getting to Termini...),

* "schlepping" your luggage on stairs, finding a place for your luggage IN the train,

* stairs again at "Civvy",

* then a paid shuttle to the port entry, and, then, somehow (since you're not allowed to walk through),

* get to the check in area...

whereas a shared or a private transfer does it "door-to-door"....

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, @Luckynana

I appreciate your insight regarding all those recommending a couple with 18 months twins to take the train the Civitavecchia cruise terminal....

I didn't want to raise any controversy, every one is entitled to its "budget", but I really don't see any huge savings by

* boarding a train at Termini (not to mention paying for [4] tickets and getting to Termini...),

* "schlepping" your luggage on stairs, finding a place for your luggage IN the train,

* then a paid shuttle to the port entry, and, then, somehow (since you're not allowed to walk through),

Totally agree, Dani!  I also don't think people read the whole issue...taking a train with 2 babies and luggage?  Insanity at best🧐

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, @Luckynana

Totally agree! Do the door to door transfer and save money by not having a beverage package! However, to each their own!

• Like 4

I am looking for some parking recommendations from our Florida friends here, for sailings from Miami.

Whenever we do our winter holidays, with post holiday cruise, we have usually sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, and parked at their port.  This year, we are spending Christmas/New Year at a house in Ft. Lauderdale, then sailing on January 2 from Miami for two weeks.

We will have to leave quite a few things in the vehicle (golf clubs, beach wagon, beach tent, boogie boards, etc., etc.), so I want someplace secure.  I am leaning toward parking at the port in Miami, and I know it would probably run around $350, but I figure it may be more secure than offsite. 

Where do any of you park for Miami departures?

Just ordered our at home tests today for that cruise.  I figured it may be hard to find someplace in FL for New Year Eve or New Year day for a test.

• Like 4

Well, after rain , snow, flooding in the backyard. The “ man cave” is soon to be done. We laid our momento by the door in the newly wet curing cement. 10 days from now the girls.           ( GTO’s) will have a new home.   

Happy in Ohio. 

B72AD638-E42C-415F-B865-972D3D433685.jpeg

C83F7EE5-4E40-47FA-A818-B74D5EF5AD33.jpeg

• Like 13

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.517683bdb0189de433ffc85c9372ed54.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4354bafba30b727af384c4fd386d6242.jpeg

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well, after rain , snow, flooding in the backyard. The “ man cave” is soon to be done. We laid our momento by the door in the newly wet curing cement. 10 days from now the girls.           ( GTO’s) will have a new home.   

Maybe you should call it a Goat Cave.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am looking for some parking recommendations from our Florida friends here, for sailings from Miami.

Whenever we do our winter holidays, with post holiday cruise, we have usually sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, and parked at their port.  This year, we are spending Christmas/New Year at a house in Ft. Lauderdale, then sailing on January 2 from Miami for two weeks.

We will have to leave quite a few things in the vehicle (golf clubs, beach wagon, beach tent, boogie boards, etc., etc.), so I want someplace secure.  I am leaning toward parking at the port in Miami, and I know it would probably run around $350, but I figure it may be more secure than offsite. 

Just ordered our at home tests today for that cruise.  I figured it may be hard to find someplace in FL for New Year Eve or New Year day for a test.

I always park at the Port in Miami. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I looked up the port construction and some mock pics of what it will be like.  It should be nice.  One time  there we thought we would go rent a car and drive the island.  They were out of rentals.  They suggested riding around the main island on the local bus.  It was a couple bucks each. There were 3 young locals that sat near us and were pointing out all the neat stuff.  Like tour guides.  They knew the driver and a couple places they asked him to stop so we could shoot some pics!  We had a lot of fun.

We love hoping on the local buses wherever we travel to, cheap and always fun!    My parents taught me that many years ago as they used to do the same.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

Looks great - I really like the deck boards, nice color!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It looks great, John!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have parked at the port in Miami several times. It was safe and very convenient, I do not remember the total cost.

• Like 1

We drove up to New Hampshire today, about 1.5 hours from home. Did a fair amount of Christmas shopping at the outlets in Merrimack and we’re spending the night at the lovely Bedford Village Inn ( we come here every year).  Tomorrow we’ll hit a mall in NH in the way home to finish the majority of our shopping (bonus points: no sales tax in NH).  

• Like 6

On 11/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

She’s so cute.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenny.

I must have got a cancellation but I am glad to have the opportunity to get rid of the basal cell carcinoma on the side of my brow.

Graham.

That’s great you will be getting it taken care of soon.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, island lady said:

Standing on the balcony when we got up in the middle of the night to smell the fresh sea air, glance up at the moon and stars, and feel the sea wind in our hair.....we both hugged and commented about how wonderful it was to be back on a ship again.  🥰

Going to enjoy this next 2 weeks!  🤗

Enjoy your cruise. 2 weeks is nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We drove up to New Hampshire today, about 1.5 hours from home. Did a fair amount of Christmas shopping at the outlets in Merrimack and we’re spending the night at the lovely Bedford Village Inn ( we come here every year).  Tomorrow we’ll hit a mall in NH in the way home to finish the majority of our shopping (bonus points: no sales tax in NH).  

I was in NH today too.  I went up to help my Mom with her Christmas decorations.  She lives on the Seacoast but I was at the Merrimack Outlets the week before Thanksgiving.  I go up there at least once before Christmas.  There is a really good Christmas Tree Shop just down the highway a few exits.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We love hoping on the local buses wherever we travel to, cheap and always fun!    My parents taught me that many years ago as they used to do the same.

I completely agree. I've had some great conversations with locals while riding buses. We have ridden buses in Bermuda, St. Maarten, and other Caribbean islands. I really enjoy interacting with local folks.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

@dani negreanu I too wake worrying about kids, grandkids, the world, but do not have the worries you do.  Saw this earlier, hard to do when there is littleoeaceto be found,  but please know you are not alone.  Same goes for all the worriers out there.

FB_IMG_1638317091803.jpg

Those few words have SO much meaning.

• Like 3