Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

 

Somehow,  I've never watched "Holiday Inn"  which I believe is the movie that made the song White Christmas famous.   I do have the movie "White Christmas" which I watch every year. 

 

I also have a bunch of "Road to..." movies and looking to completethecollection. Classics, each one of them. Wish Bing & Bob had made more. 

I love White Christmas and Gene Autry singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.However,my favorite Christmas song is Silent Night.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While in college there were 4 with my first and last name and one of them the same middle name.  I found this out one day while walking across campus I heard yelled out the first 3 numbers of my SS #.  I turned around and this young lady was smiling real big.  I asked how she knew and she said that she works in financial aid and that is how she knew us apart from one another. It seemed like a start of a Hallmark movie but I was already happily married!

That would be a good start of a Hallmark movie or a horror flick about a stalker.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This pic made me smile. Kensie is just adorable in all of the pics you post. She must be the happiest child ever.

Thanks!  The Grandkids are great.  We are getting with all the Grandkids this afternoon to take pics with Santa.  Let me see if I can gift you with another smile.  This is Kenzie with her cousin Lottie the night before Thanksgiving.  Then two single pics after they were home.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.78b67d655d80f3568e60a1a3c301ef11.jpeg

 

image.thumb.jpeg.590da67b74fde41f8b2258641eecb9b2.jpeg

 

image.thumb.jpeg.6edda5e230138c62a1d42953515a5821.jpeg

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

 

We just watched "It’s a Wonderful Life" earlier this week.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So today we officially cut the cord. We had Google Fiber but starting after the first of the year they are doing away with their tv service in favor of internet based You Tube TV. So we had a tech come out and installed a 2ghz router. Even though most of our computers aren't equipped for 2ghz it's nice to have the extra bandwidth.

 

Youtube TV will have a little bit of a learning curve as their are no numbered channels. But you can use voice control on the remote to go from one channel to another. It's dvr is on the cloud and is unlimited and you don't have to record shows they are automatically stored in the cloud.

 

I'll keep everyone posted on whether we like it or not.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!  The Grandkids are great.  We are getting with all the Grandkids this afternoon to take pics with Santa.  Let me see if I can gift you with another smile.  This is Kenzie with her cousin Lottie the night before Thanksgiving.  Then two single pics after they were home.

Oh my goodness. ❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

 

I can’t remember if I shared or not, but Hayley changed her mind on her dress and found THE ONE the next day. It’s paid for now so DONE!

E01B270E-BFCE-4CD7-BAD3-4932C5B1A165.thumb.jpeg.041797778b1c89ae6110f4c5940807cb.jpeg

 

082E1DAF-9954-463A-B288-3899415B405A.thumb.jpeg.a8ecc4379a6779eadae251753090883a.jpeg

 

She also fired her planner and I have stepped in. In one day we have picked the reception space and hired the photographer. She also has an appointment to talk to a hair stylist. ☺️ I’m a planner hear me roar. 
 

 

Enjoy your friend Brett's "Big 50", as well as enjoying your time in Florida!

Hayley's gown is gorgeous, as is she!

Hayley is lucky to have a " big sis" who is organized and who is making her Wedding plans so much more pleasant and fun for her!

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Yes, the eldest. Single and worry free 😉

 

 

Ain't that true.... We've done backpacking too, at their age.... Now, I like my comfort 😁

 

True to all of that, Dani!  True to all of that!!!  It's so great that your son is having such a wonderful time on his vacation.

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

Xander has definitely been playing very smart, but I'm guessing that he's going home next.  Ricard will stab him in the back, knowing that Xander is his biggest threat.  He'll have no problem getting Danny and Deshawn to vote with him, and maybe even Erika.  Heather will do whatever the group does.  Besides, they are all of a sudden showing clips of Xander talking about how he is controlling the game now.  The producers like to show how someone is getting a little too cocky before they get blindsided.

I think you're spot on with your thoughts, Bob, but I sure hope Xander does make it to the end, and I'd be pretty happy for him if he does indeed win.  As much as I didn't care for Liana, and I was glad she was sent home, I must say it was nice to see that she wasn't nasty with her remarks after being voted off, but rather appreciated the time she was there.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just dropped Charlie off at the hospital for his rescheduled, due to false positive Covid test, endoscopy.  I don’t like not being there but they won’t let anyone stay except the patient.  Hopefully, this will all be done by noon.

I hope all went well today with Charlie's test, Marietta.🙏

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Looks like gastritis.  They took a biopsy, seems like they always do!  I decided I will stop worrying and concentrate on our January cruise!  Thanks for all the support.

Good to hear about Charlie and good to hear that you will stop worrying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just finished two very good books that just came out. 
 

The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly, with the Renee Ballard and Harry Bosch characters.

 

Better of Dead by Lee And Andrew Child, with the Jack Reacher character.

 

 I highly recommend both books. 

Thank you, Mark.  Jim just told me that our SIL recommended The Dark Hours.  He'll look for the book the next time we're in Costco, since they're prices are pretty good on current popular books.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Thanks, Mark. They're high on my list, having read everything from both of the authors.

 

Just waiting for the price to go down (15$ for kindle, right now 😢)

Yup, will be looking in Costco (warehouse shopping in the States)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Zander and Ricard are both playing good games and are big targets to be voted out.

True, but I really want Xander to win!!!!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from hospital.  All went okay, Doctor took a biopsy of what who knows.  Charlie does not ask questions which is another reason I like to be there.  It looks like gastritis is the culprit.

Hoping for good news on Charlie's biopsy, Marietta.

Jim doesn't ask questions either.  We still haven't heard anything from the Dr. about his Lung Scan...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Looks like gastritis.  They took a biopsy, seems like they always do!  I decided I will stop worrying and concentrate on our January cruise!  Thanks for all the support.

Good news, Marietta!  Now you surely can stop worrying and start planning for your cruise on the Anthem.  I've already begun packing for Florida...at least all of my shorts and summer clothing.  

What are you going to do about the required testing for the cruise?  Our TA in Naples has hired a company to come to the Community that her office is in to test us for the February cruise, since she has a busload of people now going on our cruise.

For our April cruise, I'm planning on just going to Walgreen's or CVS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So today we officially cut the cord. We had Google Fiber but starting after the first of the year they are doing away with their tv service in favor of internet based You Tube TV. So we had a tech come out and installed a 2ghz router. Even though most of our computers aren't equipped for 2ghz it's nice to have the extra bandwidth.

 

Youtube TV will have a little bit of a learning curve as their are no numbered channels. But you can use voice control on the remote to go from one channel to another. It's dvr is on the cloud and is unlimited and you don't have to record shows they are automatically stored in the cloud.

 

I'll keep everyone posted on whether we like it or not.

I hope you like this Greg.

Graham.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good news, Marietta!  Now you surely can stop worrying and start planning for your cruise on the Anthem.  I've already begun packing for Florida...at least all of my shorts and summer clothing.  

What are you going to do about the required testing for the cruise?  Our TA in Naples has hired a company to come to the Community that her office is in to test us for the February cruise, since she has a busload of people now going on our cruise.

For our April cruise, I'm planning on just going to Walgreen's or CVS.

We go to City MD, right near us.  They are pretty good.  We found if we go right when they open we are in and out pretty quickly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yup, will be looking in Costco (warehouse shopping in the States)

 

I absolutely have to "visit" Costco once in my lifetime 😁 I keep hearing very good things about this "shop", including very good prices for cruising.

 

When DS1 was a FA, his mainly lay-overs were in NY, where he has a couple of friends who choose to leave Israel for US looking for a quieter (and better?) life.

 

They took him once or twice shopping there, and I even have a Costco shopping bag (Sue? @Lionesss, not selling 😉), which I cherish. 

 

Any Costco s in the Miami area, should we somehow get to sail Bella's cruise? 😁

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...