Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I remember my parents taken us to see the radio city music hall Christmas show and the Rockefeller center tree , tonight we are staying in a new hotel and seeing Lee Ann Rimes Christmas concert . Haven’t even put up our tree yet last weeks cruise delayed that . 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Hey Greg,  are you feeling better yet?

Yes slowly. Can't seem to get out of the coughing stage. Cold meds are working. I feel better today. Need to wrap this up as I have a dinner party to give on Saturday.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great post. Greg.

Your new dog looks really cute.

Thanks Graham. We are excited to bring her home right after Christmas.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This morning, the presents got moved from the bedroom, and placed under the tree.  

Nothing looks better than presents under a tree. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's required and of course we love every moment doing it!

How beautiful! 

When we lived in NY, we always made it a point annually to drive down to mid-Manhattan to see the ice skaters, the tree at Rockefeller Center, have a wonderful NYC deli lunch and visit the best (at that time, closed now) toy store ever, FAO Schwartz. 

No matter what holiday you celebrate, it's a magical place.  We allowed our daughter to pick one item within reason.  Her item was usually a Barbie doll so we got off easy.  Lord & Taylor dept. store had the best window animated displays.  The only thing I hated was the cold!  Temp here in TX is now 73 now, going up to 83.  Awesome for mid-December!

We did that almost every winter prior to the pandemic. Went to see the skaters, window displays, then to see the manger at St Patricks. Sometimes threw in the Radio City show as well. Vanilla cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.
I don't think I can picture myself in that sea of people anymore.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, akcruz said:

We raised our kids in the Christian faith but always told them it doesn't matter your faith but what type of person you are.  My daughter met and married a Jewish boy and they have chosen to primarily follow the Jewish faith.  I am learning a lot so please forgive if I misstate anything her on this thread.  My daughter made the jelly donuts with her kids, 5 and 3, for the last night of Hanukkah, they looked delicious.

Anyway, our granddaughter is quite the spitfire and grown up for her age.  Last year, at the age of 4, they sat her down to explain how some kids believe in Santa Claus and while he is not real (why they don't have Santa in their house) there are reasons other kids believe in him and why she shouldn't try to correct them if they do believe.  Her response, "So parents lie to their kids?"   They fumbled through the rest especially since Figment had been leaving footprints around their house the week before 🤣.

They will be coming to our house for xmas, which we do have decorated, andvisiting some other family, it will be interesting to see their reactions.  We have stocking and orname to on the tree for all!

Added picture of her finished product.

FB_IMG_1639104709132.jpg

Many of my cousins married people of different religions and or different races.Everyone got along great.Every year at Christmas my parents and I went to my cousin Charlie’s house to celebrate Christmas with his wife who was Polish Catholic.Their daughter married an Egyptian man .

My cousin Isadore married a woman named Kathleen Kennedy who was from Boston but not related to the Famous Kennedy clan.

My cousin Alice married a Muslim man and their son married a woman who is a Seventh Day Adventist.

My cousin Abe married an Asian woman.We were like a mini UN

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's required and of course we love every moment doing it!

How beautiful! 

When we lived in NY, we always made it a point annually to drive down to mid-Manhattan to see the ice skaters, the tree at Rockefeller Center, have a wonderful NYC deli lunch and visit the best (at that time, closed now) toy store ever, FAO Schwartz. 

No matter what holiday you celebrate, it's a magical place.  We allowed our daughter to pick one item within reason.  Her item was usually a Barbie doll so we got off easy.  Lord & Taylor dept. store had the best window animated displays.  The only thing I hated was the cold!  Temp here in TX is now 73 now, going up to 83.  Awesome for mid-December!

In all the years that we have lived in NY we only went to see the tree once at night.That was about 20 years ago when I was a regular on a Music message board.We went as a group about 12 people ,saw the tree,went out to dinner and had great conversation.

• Like 3

Even though we do not celebrate Christmas at home the Christmas season has always been wonderful for me.When I was working at my longtime job we had an in office Christmas party and Secret Santa’s.Aside from that many of the 100 employees exchanged gifts.

One day close to December 25 there was a Christmas lunch usually at a nearby Italian restaurant .One evening,on a different day many of us went out to dinner .Occasionally some of us went out after work for a liquid celebration.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We did that almost every winter prior to the pandemic. Went to see the skaters, window displays, then to see the manger at St Patricks. Sometimes threw in the Radio City show as well. Vanilla cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.
I don't think I can picture myself in that sea of people anymore.

I remember drinking hot chocolate at one end of the Rockefeller Center rink, and watching the skaters,  who seemed like something out of a fairy tale to a little girl from Florida. 
I finally learned to ice skate,  in Florida, at the age of 34!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can someone please explain how Royal Up works?  I'm assuming you need to book a specific cabin first?

You can bid on one or multiple cabins or suites there normally will have a minimum amount that you must bid, if you win you might not find out until the day you sail , got a email on day we sailed two weeks ago saying my bids failed. On celebrity we found out two days before sailing that our penthouse suite bid was accepted. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many of my cousins married people of different religions and or different races.Everyone got along great.Every year at Christmas my parents and I went to my cousin Charlie’s house to celebrate Christmas with his wife who was Polish Catholic.Their daughter married an Egyptian man .

My cousin Isadore married a woman named Kathleen Kennedy who was from Boston but not related to the Famous Kennedy clan.

My cousin Alice married a Muslim man and their son married a woman who is a Seventh Day Adventist.

My cousin Abe married an Asian woman.We were like a mini UN

Us too.

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can someone please explain how Royal Up works?  I'm assuming you need to book a specific cabin first?

You have to be booked but it can be a guarantee room as opposed to a specific room if that’s what you are asking.  You are basically bidding up to a higher category.

Edited by Ozark_Kid

Watching the Bob Dole funeral, brings back a lot of memories, as I shot as a news cameraman probably hundreds of interviews with Bob. I always found him, graceful, sharp wit and extremely honest. He would always take the time to talk to reporters. He did not look at us as the enemy bit rather a messenger to get his message out. I will miss him even though I did not agree with him. He is a true patriot and hero. God bless Senator Bob Dole.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We received our royal up email for our Jan 9th Anthem sailing.

We just got our Royal up emails for our Jan 2 and Jan 9 Oasis B2B.  A JS was the only Suite??😂😂 offered, and the minimum starting bid for it was 3 times what they were asking on our Odyssey cruise.   We aren’t bidding on either.  Maybe if they would guarantee the same cabin for two weeks for one bid we would think about it.  Otherwise, we don’t want to move cabins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ellen, I've been thinking about you... now with the start of the festive season. I'm sure Dan will want you to enjoy it as much as you can. (((( ))))

Thanks for the kind thoughts- it certainly hasn't been easy-   I just now got the call that he is ready to be picked up.  Took almost 2 weeks I don't know why and no one is able to tell me.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Watching the Bob Dole funeral, brings back a lot of memories, as I shot as a news cameraman probably hundreds of interviews with Bob. I always found him, graceful, sharp wit and extremely honest. He would always take the time to talk to reporters. He did not look at us as the enemy bit rather a messenger to get his message out. I will miss him even though I did not agree with him. He is a true patriot and hero. God bless Senator Bob Dole.

Wow, i didn't realize he passed