Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Part one of my day yesterday, after getting in a nice morning walk, was a Christmas luncheon with the coworkers from a firm I have been associated with since 1978.  This was not my primary job that I retired from five years ago, but a secondary one that allowed me to work as much, or as little as I wanted.  

I worked with them on a consulting basis for 10 years, then became a Partner in 1988, and three years ago we incorporated.  Well, this has been a year of change, because all of the partners are getting older.  I decided that this would be the year to retire from this secondary job, and the two other Partners decided the same.  So we are now in the process of transferring ownership to younger long term employees.  

What does this have to do with a Christmas luncheon you ask?   Well those employees chose this get together to thank me for the many years of work, and presented me with a nice retirement clock.  

63BD00F3-A798-45F9-A073-97BB3DE7197E.thumb.jpeg.c61060e123a526b0d2aca7a1bfcc9b92.jpeg

I guess I never really got the idea of getting timepieces for retirement, because I don’t have to think about time at all now. 

I know I will still be called upon for advice, but it is liberating to not have deadlines to meet now. (Other than those imposed by Boss Susan 😂😂)

Big fan of this clock

1840797844_Screenshot_20211211-112102_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.12c8d50415aca49152ae121770709072.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Part one of my day yesterday, after getting in a nice morning walk, was a Christmas luncheon with the coworkers from a firm I have been associated with since 1978.  This was not my primary job that I retired from five years ago, but a secondary one that allowed me to work as much, or as little as I wanted.  

I worked with them on a consulting basis for 10 years, then became a Partner in 1988, and three years ago we incorporated.  Well, this has been a year of change, because all of the partners are getting older.  I decided that this would be the year to retire from this secondary job, and the two other Partners decided the same.  So we are now in the process of transferring ownership to younger long term employees.  

What does this have to do with a Christmas luncheon you ask?   Well those employees chose this get together to thank me for the many years of work, and presented me with a nice retirement clock.  

63BD00F3-A798-45F9-A073-97BB3DE7197E.thumb.jpeg.c61060e123a526b0d2aca7a1bfcc9b92.jpeg

I guess I never really got the idea of getting timepieces for retirement, because I don’t have to think about time at all now. 

I know I will still be called upon for advice, but it is liberating to not have deadlines to meet now. (Other than those imposed by Boss Susan 😂😂)

Beautiful clock. I like that style of clock. We have a grandfather clock. I don't know if they are all that popular these days but I really like it and the sound of its chimes.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is a beautiful clock and nice that they did that for you. Congratulations on your retirement. Welcome to the club. So far it's been fantastic.

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mother of Dragons

20211210_204647.thumb.jpg.12b44cdbfb6038b85d6b1f89d49c1cf3.jpg

Wow that's stunning. So beautiful.

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow 😲.  Unicorns do exist.  I'd be afraid to drink it. 🤣

Yes sometimes a squirrel gets a nut. We have a dinner party tonight at our house with some long time friends that like bourbon. As Freddie Johnson the long time employee at Buffalo Trace was quoted to say,  "if you're blessed enough to have a good bottle of bourbon that you're about to share with friends and family, he said, it is far better to have the memories that the bottle creates than to know that the memories never got created because you didn't like the way somebody drank your whiskey.”

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

I like the Roomba. :classic_biggrin: It vacuums while I read the newspaper. :classic_biggrin: It may not do that great of a job, but it is a lot more dedicated to vacuuming and covers a lot more area than I would. 

I pick up the entryway rugs, the cat toys and close off the rooms that don't need vacuuming. Push the button, and say,,.. "Go forth and vacuum"  And Roomba cleans. 

We got a Roomba when we moved south since our house is 1 floor and all hardwood.  Did buy an inexpensive vac for the area rugs, etc if needed but do rely mostly on the Roomba and sweeping, the less I have to do the better.

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Big fan of this clock

1840797844_Screenshot_20211211-112102_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.12c8d50415aca49152ae121770709072.jpg

My latest fitbit has the option of many different clock faces, my only 2 requirements were the date and day of the week, besides the time, it is amazing how many times I have to look at it to see what day it actually is.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@bobmacliberty Here is something I know you will appreciate. Look at my score yesterday. I’ve been trying to get this bottle for four years.

4F6ABA38-F576-4C07-A028-B87FA5FEC881.thumb.jpeg.cede5862079ea27950908a6c8b31bd01.jpeg

We rarely bring home liquor from cruise, but my local liquor stores have been out of my Johnny Walker Gold for last couple of months , so I was very happy to pick up a couple of liter bottles from the Allure last week. Just got back from a new Hilton downtown extremely nice , our favorite local singer played from 6 to 10 , even did some Christmas songs which I know she doesn’t like to do since she is not familiar with them since she is Jewish, we listen to her every week at another supper club. Today we are doing our annual tradition and seeing the play the Christmas Carol, this is a local theater club that won the Tony for best regional theater a few years ago. Our Leann Rimes Christmas concert is next week. As for vacuum cleaners first thing we did when buying our house was getting rid of all carpets . 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

thought that Dyson would be my last one.  I’m honestly glad it needs to be replaced.  This house we downsized to has mostly hardwoods with area rugs so our needs have changed with no wall to wall.  What I really need is something more lightweight and flexible.

Our Dyson went out about a year ago.  Took a chance replacing the battery and it's doing fine now. Are house is all wood floors with only one area rug. If ours go out we will not get another.   They seem to get heavier with every new model.  There is much more competition now that are also more reasonably priced.   Well at least last year when I was looking.  Who knows now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We rarely bring home liquor from cruise, but my local liquor stores have been out of my Johnny Walker Gold for last couple of months , so I was very happy to pick up a couple of liter bottles from the Allure last week. 

For some reason I can find all the Johnny Walker brands at my store. Gold is some good stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

For some reason I can find all the Johnny Walker brands at my store. Gold is some good stuff.

I really like gold, we did a MSc yacht club two years ago and bought there upscale drink package, that included everything they sold my the glass including blue and XO cognacs , we killed several bottles of Johnny Walker Blue that cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our Dyson went out about a year ago.  Took a chance replacing the battery and it's doing fine now. Are house is all wood floors with only one area rug. If ours go out we will not get another.   They seem to get heavier with every new model.  There is much more competition now that are also more reasonably priced.   Well at least last year when I was looking.  Who knows now 

How did your area do with the storms/tornadoes?

I hope all is well.

Horrible to see the devastation in Kentucky.      The storm is headed east and is to hit our area this evening.     We just took down our wreath, christmas santa flag and secured some other Christmas decorations as the wind is starting to pick up here.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations on your Retirement!  Beautiful clock!

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mother of Dragons

20211210_204647.thumb.jpg.12b44cdbfb6038b85d6b1f89d49c1cf3.jpg

She's a beauty, John!

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@bobmacliberty Here is something I know you will appreciate. Look at my score yesterday. I’ve been trying to get this bottle for four years.

4F6ABA38-F576-4C07-A028-B87FA5FEC881.thumb.jpeg.cede5862079ea27950908a6c8b31bd01.jpeg

There's no time like the present!  Enjoy your party tonight, Greg!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Horrible to see the devastation in Kentucky.      The storm is headed east and is to hit our area this evening.     We just took down our wreath, christmas santa flag and secured some other Christmas decorations as the wind is starting to pick up here.     

😢

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How did your area do with the storms/tornadoes?

I hope all is well.

Thanks for asking.  I was just posting and will post about our evening yesterday when I saw your post.  All is well.  Middle daughter family was at the Polar Express in Branson while the Youngest came to Little Rock to babysit while the oldest daughter and SIL took us to Memphis.  Check out my next post.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, George C said:

I really like gold, we did a MSc yacht club two years ago and bought there upscale drink package, that included everything they sold my the glass including blue and XO cognacs , we killed several bottles of Johnny Walker Blue that cruise.

At first I thought you were referring to the metal.☺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still cry over a dog that passed away probably more than 15 years ago.  She was the best.  In the end she was blind and diabetic maybe that's why it still tugs at my heartstrings just thinking about her

Edited by molly361
  • Like 12