Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The good part was my yard was free of leaves this morning when I opened my kitchen blinds.  😊 

 

The winds were kind to me last night. Blew all the leaves into a nice, tidy pile in the corner of the yard. Made for quick and easy pickup. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My dentist takes us right away also.  That is why we go and pay out of pocket.  We have his assistants cell phone number and can call even when they are closed.

 

That's why I love my dentist. Even after I moved over an hour away,  I continue to see her.  Well worth the trip, especially since it's "usually" only twice a year. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very interesting you folks that love your dentist. I frequently get calls from patents who want me to do something about a tooth ache because their dentist is either busy or unavailable.😏

 

Maybe you are move lovable then their dentist. 

 

Speaking of love, I guess the mods don't love Abott and Costello "Who's on First " routine 😐

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I texted our ENT yesterday and told him we were running out of Zinc.  He later brought us over a couple bottles.  😊

Firstly , I had to ask my husband what is an ENT .  I got that cleared up and now why do you need zinc ?  Something to do with lysozyme , bacterial cell wall membrane and an amino acid called amidase.   

 

 

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Firstly , I had to ask my husband what is an ENT .  I got that cleared up and now why do you need zinc ?  Something to do with lysozyme , bacterial cell wall membrane and an amino acid called amidase.   

 

Am I the only one who thinks Greg’s Emmy would make a nice hood ornament ? 

The Zinc really had nothing to do with him being an ENT, just a friend that loads up on vitamins and when he heard we were short on zinc he offered.

 

The Emmy would be a really cool hood ornament.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Building on the drumming discussion from yesterday, I just had another drumming video pop up on my YouTube home.  Buddy Rich is often considered the greatest drummer of all time.  He did a solo in 1982 (I think) that was enhanced to the 4K video below.  I don't know if it's his talent or the video enhancement (likely some of both) but his left hand is moving so fast that it's a blur at several points.  The comments of the original, unenhanced video says that he had a mild heart attack in the middle of the solo, continued, took a bow, and then went to the hospital.  If true, amazing.

 

This made me think of old Johnny Carson Tonight Shows where Buddy Rich would be a guest and perform drum solos.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is one of our spare bedrooms that’s designated “the boys room” for when our grandsons visit.  Andy has renamed it “the retail room” LOL.  

5A81CD55-5850-492F-8C57-C0D0F9A71829.jpeg

Looks very nice. It is a wonderful feeling wrapping gifts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

 

That's why I love my dentist. Even after I moved over an hour away,  I continue to see her.  Well worth the trip, especially since it's "usually" only twice a year. 

 

Same with us.  We're over an hour and a half away from our dentist since we moved.  He's cut down on his days now, and I worry that he will one day retire.  Not only is he phenomenal, but his office staff is, also!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Building on the drumming discussion from yesterday, I just had another drumming video pop up on my YouTube home.  Buddy Rich is often considered the greatest drummer of all time.  He did a solo in 1982 (I think) that was enhanced to the 4K video below.  I don't know if it's his talent or the video enhancement (likely some of both) but his left hand is moving so fast that it's a blur at several points.  The comments of the original, unenhanced video says that he had a mild heart attack in the middle of the solo, continued, took a bow, and then went to the hospital.  If true, amazing.

 

This made me think of old Johnny Carson Tonight Shows where Buddy Rich would be a guest and perform drum solos.

 

 

There is a thread in the Floataway Lounge about drummers.As far as who the greatest is or was it’s a matter of opinion.My father believed it to be Gene Krupa.As far as individual performances many believe it to be the guy from Santana .Others believe it to be the guy from Iron Butterfly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

These are photos of the girls since we returned from our Edge cruise yesterday. Captions are, in no particular order:   Isn’t it lunch time yet?, I want to be close to you! and Let me help you with that filing!

 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d073f1dfa95bc12e33a0fba800fdfb3.jpeg

Love those kitties!
And you look lovely. Glad to be able to put a face to "Helen".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is faux stone panels.

It looks beautiful, John!

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The Zinc really had nothing to do with him being an ENT, just a friend that loads up on vitamins and when he heard we were short on zinc he offered.

I learned years ago to take zinc lozenges at the first sign of a cold;  I was getting sick just days before our daughter's Wedding 20 years ago, and a friend of mine came right over with the lozenges.  What a lifesaver she was!  

14 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Looks very nice. It is a wonderful feeling wrapping gifts.

It is, although somewhat laborious at times!😉

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Love those kitties!
And you look lovely. Glad to be able to put a face to "Helen".

+1

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

 

Maybe you are move lovable then their dentist. 

 

Speaking of love, I guess the mods don't love Abott and Costello "Who's on First " routine 😐

I was going to mention that thread to you. I thought it was good clean fun.😐

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Same with us.  We're over an hour and a half away from our dentist since we moved.  He's cut down on his days now, and I worry that he will one day retire.  Not only is he phenomenal, but his office staff is, also!

I keep thinking of our NY dentist.  After being a patient for approx. 20 years I was devastated when he retired.  He sent out a beautiful letter stating how he retires with a heavy heart since he thinks of us as family.  He went on to say it was his pleasure to celebrate in our happiness and sad to share in our sorrows.  He stated he felt he wanted to enjoy retirement in CA with his wife and be near his daughter and family while they were able to enjoy good health. He further went on to introduce us to the new dentist that would be taking over his practice telling us he is confident he leaves us in good hands.  It was a letter written with heart and I am only sorry I misplaced it with our subsequent moves.  I never stepped foot in that office after he left.  

 

His practice was what I called "a mom and pop" office.  No partner, although he had back up for emergencies when he wasn't available.  No hygienist.  He did all the work.  His wife was the receptionist.  His equipment looked a bit old.  BUT, i never once had issues with any of his dental work.  

 

I have a good dentist now but can't compare.  Glad I only see him about once a year.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Perfect - love the name!

 

I don't know why I just plop the boxes and bags into the dining room instead of one of the spare bedrooms.    Maybe I am getting lazy as I get older and dining room is closer to front door than bedrooms 😁

 

I used to have some really good hiding spots when the kids were young.    I used to put stuff above the ceiling tiles in the basement near the workshop area.    They recently told me they never knew that spot.

I use the dining room table for things like Christmas and always for vacation packing. The table height is so much kinder to my back than a bed!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Building on the drumming discussion from yesterday, I just had another drumming video pop up on my YouTube home.  Buddy Rich is often considered the greatest drummer of all time.  He did a solo in 1982 (I think) that was enhanced to the 4K video below.  I don't know if it's his talent or the video enhancement (likely some of both) but his left hand is moving so fast that it's a blur at several points.  The comments of the original, unenhanced video says that he had a mild heart attack in the middle of the solo, continued, took a bow, and then went to the hospital.  If true, amazing.

 

This made me think of old Johnny Carson Tonight Shows where Buddy Rich would be a guest and perform drum solos.

 

 

Buddy Rich! He was a fantastic drummer. 
I went to school with and later worked with a friend who heard us talking about him and said he was her cousin. 
We were young and single and took it with a tablespoon of salt. 
A couple of years later, a carful of us drove to Miami for a long weekend to see Judy Garland sing at a hotel. 
My friend Sandra said her mom said Buddy Rich was in Miami Beach, too, and she talked us into going to see him, too. 
I thought she’d be worried that we’d remember her bragging about his being her cousin, but none of us said anything about it. 
They took a break and darned if he didn’t walk over to our table, pull Sandra out of her chair and hug her!

Then he invited us to go out for  a bite later. Which, of course, we did. 
That evening was more exciting than the one with Judy Garland. She seemed out of it, and flubbed the words to several songs. I remember someone following her around the stage with a stool and trying to get her to sit down. 
She’d sit for a minute and then start wandering around the stage again. 
She looked a little like she didn’t know where she was, and losing her place in her old familiar songs was really sad. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I keep thinking of our NY dentist.  After being a patient for approx. 20 years I was devastated when he retired.  He sent out a beautiful letter stating how he retires with a heavy heart since he thinks of us as family.  He went on to say it was his pleasure to celebrate in our happiness and sad to share in our sorrows.  He stated he felt he wanted to enjoy retirement in CA with his wife and be near his daughter and family while they were able to enjoy good health. He further went on to introduce us to the new dentist that would be taking over his practice telling us he is confident he leaves us in good hands.  It was a letter written with heart and I am only sorry I misplaced it with our subsequent moves.  I never stepped foot in that office after he left.  

 

His practice was what I called "a mom and pop" office.  No partner, although he had back up for emergencies when he wasn't available.  No hygienist.  He did all the work.  His wife was the receptionist.  His equipment looked a bit old.  BUT, i never once had issues with any of his dental work.  

 

I have a good dentist now but can't compare.  Glad I only see him about once a year.

My first Dentist was the father of a kid I knew from school.Dr. R gave every kid a package of bubble gum if they were a good patient.My second dentist was Leonard and his last name was very similiar to mine.I liked going to him because he offered his patients Nitrous Oxide but no bubble gum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I keep thinking of our NY dentist.  After being a patient for approx. 20 years I was devastated when he retired.  He sent out a beautiful letter stating how he retires with a heavy heart since he thinks of us as family.  He went on to say it was his pleasure to celebrate in our happiness and sad to share in our sorrows.  He stated he felt he wanted to enjoy retirement in CA with his wife and be near his daughter and family while they were able to enjoy good health. He further went on to introduce us to the new dentist that would be taking over his practice telling us he is confident he leaves us in good hands.  It was a letter written with heart and I am only sorry I misplaced it with our subsequent moves.  I never stepped foot in that office after he left.  

 

So many similarities to my experience, also, Bonnie!  I had been going to Dr.P. since I was 17 years old, and at least 30 years ago, I got a letter from him that he was retiring.  I started crying, and my daughter asked if Dr. P, had passed away.  No, he was retiring.  He also had introduced Jim and I to Dr. G, who has turned out to be another blessing for us both.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think that redoing the wall has been more of a challenge than the contractors imagine.  After seeing and hearing them all day I am glad I hired it done.  I thought about doing the porch and basement wall but after today, if I do it, I will probably hire it done.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.cbe5cc6a16dcb0217b7357d76bd488c6.jpeg

 

Wow!  Looks great!  I love the decking and the new stone walls really brings it all together.  Great choice.  You will enjoy the maintenance free fact for many years.🤩

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think that redoing the wall has been more of a challenge than the contractors imagine.  After seeing and hearing them all day I am glad I hired it done.  I thought about doing the porch and basement wall but after today, if I do it, I will probably hire it done.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.cbe5cc6a16dcb0217b7357d76bd488c6.jpeg

 

I guess the hard part would be figuring out a pattern with the panels they install.  Looks great!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I keep thinking of our NY dentist.  After being a patient for approx. 20 years I was devastated when he retired.  He sent out a beautiful letter stating how he retires with a heavy heart since he thinks of us as family.  He went on to say it was his pleasure to celebrate in our happiness and sad to share in our sorrows.  He stated he felt he wanted to enjoy retirement in CA with his wife and be near his daughter and family while they were able to enjoy good health. He further went on to introduce us to the new dentist that would be taking over his practice telling us he is confident he leaves us in good hands.  It was a letter written with heart and I am only sorry I misplaced it with our subsequent moves.  I never stepped foot in that office after he left.  

 

His practice was what I called "a mom and pop" office.  No partner, although he had back up for emergencies when he wasn't available.  No hygienist.  He did all the work.  His wife was the receptionist.  His equipment looked a bit old.  BUT, i never once had issues with any of his dental work.  

 

I have a good dentist now but can't compare.  Glad I only see him about once a year.

I had the same dentist for 49 years. Since I was 12. He brought on a new younger dentist before he retired. I've seen him twice now, and I don't really like him. He just pops in and out during appointments, his hygienists do everything, and he always wants to do "extra" things that will cost additional money. I don't know what we are going to do. We plan to move to the other house eventually and will probably just tough it out until then. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Buddy Rich! He was a fantastic drummer. 
I went to school with and later worked with a friend who heard us talking about him and said he was her cousin. 
We were young and single and took it with a tablespoon of salt. 
A couple of years later, a carful of us drove to Miami for a long weekend to see Judy Garland sing at a hotel. 
My friend Sandra said her mom said Buddy Rich was in Miami Beach, too, and she talked us into going to see him, too. 
I thought she’d be worried that we’d remember her bragging about his being her cousin, but none of us said anything about it. 
They took a break and darned if he didn’t walk over to our table, pull Sandra out of her chair and hug her!

Then he invited us to go out for  a bite later. Which, of course, we did. 
That evening was more exciting than the one with Judy Garland. She seemed out of it, and flubbed the words to several songs. I remember someone following her around the stage with a stool and trying to get her to sit down. 
She’d sit for a minute and then start wandering around the stage again. 
She looked a little like she didn’t know where she was, and losing her place in her old familiar songs was really sad. 

My daughter was invited to a teen concert to hear Pink and other singers.  My daughter, her friend and her friend's mother were able to attend the after party and meet the entertainers.  My daughter said Pink and other entertainers were wonderful but Whitney Houston made an appearance and she was either high, drunk or both.  Major disappointment and an eye opener for such young and impressionable girls....sigh.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...