Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm stiff, but that's normal. Laura's injection site is sore

Just woke up.  A bit of pain through the night while on slept on that side but about the same as my first two shots. 

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Final tribal and fire challenge over. Jury vote coming up.

I guess I'm watching this all by myself.😐

We have it recorded to watch later. We usually do that to skip the ads later. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In our challenging world, when one reaches a  milestone anymore, I truly am grateful.

So today, it is for me.................... I am blessed to be celebrating my: 65th. birthday.

The road has had many twist and turns, ups and downs, but I am blessed for everything I have.

" . . . . remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed, always something new to be found treasured and share........................."

To all, be safe, stay healthy*

*yup, love that copy and paste feature. (as seen on other thread).

Happy Birthday Sue, hope you have a fab birthday 🎂 

I enjoyed Survivor last night.  I'm tempted to type a few thoughts here while trying to keep from revealing what happened (for those who haven't watched yet).  I think I'd end up giving too much away, so I'll wait a few days.  I will say that I like having the reunion show live back in LA.  It gives all of the contestants a chance to clean up, put some weight back on, and dress up nicely.  It's interesting to see how different some people look.  It's also nice that families can be there to celebrate.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes. We dodged a bullet.

Happy to hear all is well at your house.  Hopefully others in your are ok too!

It is already 60 degrees here this morning, crazy weather the last couple of weeks.

We have been living ground hog day with our Christmas decorations.  I think we are on round 4 of removing and rehanging our big wreath at front window along with some other decorations due to strong winds.

• Like 2

Woke up early this morning and loaded my car trunk and back seat with various christmas decorations and some lamps, old artwork, space heaters, etc and will drop off donations at Habitat for Humanity Restore.

Wrote about 50 Christmas cards, more to do tonight and baked my first batch of Tollhouse cookies.  Will do lots more baking Saturday when I have off from work.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoyed Survivor last night.  I'm tempted to type a few thoughts here while trying to keep from revealing what happened (for those who haven't watched yet).  I think I'd end up giving too much away, so I'll wait a few days.  I will say that I like having the reunion show live back in LA.  It gives all of the contestants a chance to clean up, put some weight back on, and dress up nicely.  It's interesting to see how different some people look.  It's also nice that families can be there to celebrate.

I was perplexed that one person received no votes. However, Ricard's facial exoressions showed he was clearly angry with that person and the entire jury was in disagreement with that person when he/she stated his/her perception of another person's game play.

• Like 4

We usually record and watch Survivor later skipping through the commercials.

But we painfully watched it for those 3 hours.

The fire challenge was the best.

But:

I thought the jury was unusually unusual.  Their questions were ones that lead to obvious answers and some of the comments lead one to believe that the group as a whole decided who would win in the first few minutes of their moment in the sun after being voted off.

To those who need to watch it.  Enjoy.

P.S.  The commercials were good.

3 hours watching TV is quite long for me.  

Usually only for a movie for me.

Take care

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe she has everything she wants indoors and has no desire to go out?

She sure is growing up.  How long is that gorgeous tail?

Our cats are not interested in going outside, which is great since we have bobcats and coyotes in the neighborhood.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Our cats are not interested in going outside, which is great since we have bobcats and coyotes in the neighborhood.

When I worked in a heavily traffic area of Plano, very close to Bush Turnpike, a bobcat was seen in our parking lot.  Can't imagine where it came from.  It was only seen twice in 3 years.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe she has everything she wants indoors and has no desire to go out?

She sure is growing up.  How long is that gorgeous tail?

I will have to measure it when she is sleeping and still.  The cat door leads to a pen on the back porch.  It has a huge climbing/scratching structure my husband built.  Big cat fun.  When we lived in Texas the pen even had a tree in it.  The cats were protected from the wilds but could still have a good time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was perplexed that one person received no votes. However, Ricard's facial exoressions showed he was clearly angry with that person and the entire jury was in disagreement with that person when he/she stated his/her perception of another person's game play.

Reminds me that we only get to see a small piece of what really happens.  The producers need to condense a few days worth of action into about a 45 minute show.  They pick and choose what they air based on what will get the most eyeballs tuning in.  There's an interesting YT video on the "purple edit" used in Survivor.  I never thought of counting the number of "confessionals" that each contestant has, but apparently some people do.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I worked in a heavily traffic area of Plano, very close to Bush Turnpike, a bobcat was seen in our parking lot.  Can't imagine where it came from.  It was only seen twice in 3 years.

A few years ago I was in my backyard ready to jump in the pool and I saw a bobcat walking on top of my fence . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is growing up.  

109613317_Samantha23.thumb.jpeg.beb93101b417cd106352fd3b2d3f9b50.jpeg

I love that cat. Always knows to look at the camera. Such a wonderful personality.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear all is well at your house.  Hopefully others in your are ok too!

It is already 60 degrees here this morning, crazy weather the last couple of weeks.

We have been living ground hog day with our Christmas decorations.  I think we are on round 4 of removing and rehanging our big wreath at front window along with some other decorations due to strong winds.

Thanks Debbie, we got very lucky. We had no power outage even though over 80,000 in Kansas City were without power.

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woke up early this morning and loaded my car trunk and back seat with various christmas decorations and some lamps, old artwork, space heaters, etc and will drop off donations at Habitat for Humanity Restore.

Wrote about 50 Christmas cards, more to do tonight and baked my first batch of Tollhouse cookies.  Will do lots more baking Saturday when I have off from work.

You are my hero today. Made chocolate chip cookies yesterday but put the dough in the fridge overnight so the cookies would rise better and not flatten out. I will bake them today. I had a longtime coworker who made the best chocolate cookies I have ever tasted and they were like mountains not flat. She would never give out the recipe (which I think is very selfish) but I have figured out most of the recipe to get the cookies to rise and taste very cookie doughy in the middle. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

This is killing us.  Wendall waiting for Bosley in their spot😢173BFF27-03B7-4277-9001-E92931C5ED0A.thumb.jpeg.d0ee92bbebf231795ed397d23e8d1fe3.jpeg

This is heart breaking. Give Wendell bunches of hugs from me.

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't understand how some people can say that animals don't have feeling and emotions. You don't even need some "scientific study" to get the picture. Humans need to get over their superiority complex.

I totally agree with you. When one of our cats died from cancer her best (only) pal licked her belly and tail of almost all of her fur. She never did excess licking before but just the typical cat cleaning. It took her many, many months to quit. 

• Like 4

On 12/15/2021 at 4:54 AM, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Lenny.

We had a guided tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau when we visited Krakow Poland several years ago and it was one of the most moving experiences ever for both of us.

Graham.

My mother’s uncle was cremated in a *** prison camp, we’ve never checked to see which one. He was a Catholic. His crime? He was a baker.
The merchants in the area were ordered not to sell to Jews any more. 
He would bake in the middle of the night and go out and put bread on his neighbors’ doorsteps. 
Then he would bake for his store at 4am and open for his normal hours. 
Somebody reported him. He was taken out of his bakery and never seen again. 
The family was notified at some point that he was cremated. 
My daughter visited Dachau when she was in college and took her family there when her girls were young teenagers. 
She felt it was important that they experience the horror so they would never forget the Holocaust and raise their own children not to forget.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3