Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Weather here says 26° feels like 16°. Well it doesn’t feel like 16° me because I am staying in too!  😂 probably not til May but at least until we add a little warm.

This past weekend we bought out from the basement all our equipment to start planting seeds and happy to say everything works.      Yes, we know how to properly plug everything in🤣

And I picked up a bunch of Burpee seed packets.    They didn't have everything I wanted so I may have to order some seed packets online but we have enough to get started.   Hope to get those seeds planted this weekend.    Thinking of Spring plantings already🍅🥒🍆🌶️

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Uggh - I sure hope you don't end up with 14.5 inches.      

Did you tell your Daughter she is more than welcome to come shovel out the "elderly" - HaHa!

Here is southeastern PA is extremely fogging, temp is 45 f with lite drizzle most of the day.    Tomorrow is a suppose to be a high of 55 f with mostly rain that may change over to a wintry mix as the temp is suppose to drop in to the 20's for Saturday.    

I wish I was with Super Mario and living on a cruise ship this winter🤩

It is 48 here now,it will be 28 tomorrow and 18 on Saturday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t even remember the last time I wore a tie.

My husband works in a corporate environment  in the city.  The only positive to come out of the pandemic was that he could work from home and ditch the suits & ties.  Wearing t-shirts, shorts & thongs every day was bliss for him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t even remember the last time I wore a tie.

I need to go through my closet and donate most of the suites I used to wear to goodwill haven’t wore one in 5 or more years , stopped wearing tux’s on cruises about 4 years ago , going to two wedding this year will not wear a suite to either .

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just a very personal preference and don't take it personally🥰 ........
I find multiple quotes (more than 2 ) extremely annoying. I usually skip reading a post with gazzilions of quotes, so sorry, if I missed any direct posts that have tagged me in multiple confusions. I understand many people prefer it that way, and respect what they want to do, but to me it is one mass confusion.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have a point.

For me, it's a difficult "balance" between not "manufacturing" so many pages in one day, therefore causing reticence to "deal" with too many "news" and too many quotes, where you, and may be others, get lost...

Sigh.

I'm one of those people who switched to multi-quoting in an effort to keep the page numbers down.  It has never really felt right though having so many different discussions happening in a single post.  It's confusing enough for me to write, let alone for someone else to read.  I think I will switch back to single posts unless I want to quote multiple posts about the same topic.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Easy for me to remember.  Three weeks ago for the last formal night onboard.   The only time I wear a tie now. 

I don't even wear a tie for formal night anymore...just a sport coat with an open collar dress shirt.  Ties are now only for weddings and funerals.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, George C said:

I need to go through my closet and donate most of the suites I used to wear to goodwill haven’t wore one in 5 or more years , stopped wearing tux’s on cruises about 4 years ago , going to two wedding this year will not wear a suite to either .

I was pretty fortunate in that my job as a news photographer in television required me to wear comfortable clothes all the time. Normally khaki pants and t-shirts with my photog vest most of time wearing shorts in the summer. I don't think I could ever wear a suit everyday.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't even wear a tie for formal night anymore...just a sport coat with an open collar dress shirt.  Ties are now only for weddings and funerals.

Me too but I am surprised how much I am seeing men not wearing ties at weddings and funerals anymore.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm one of those people who switched to multi-quoting in an effort to keep the page numbers down.  It has never really felt right though having so many different discussions happening in a single post.  It's confusing enough for me to write, let alone for someone else to read.  I think I will switch back to single posts unless I want to quote multiple posts about the same topic.

I agree with that.  If the multi quote is all about the same topic/discussion then it’s easy to follow.  If it’s multiple topics and answers in the same post then it gets confusing and I tend to just skim instead of read fully.  It’s kind of like when I start to read a new post then my mind resets and can fully comprehend.   Not sure if that makes sense or not to others.
🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s  like someone earlier said, it’s the same number of words, just a different format.  Two pages of really long posts or four pages of shorter posts.  

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Also makes it difficult to respond to. Let's say I want to respond to quote #4 of 8, do I try to edit out the other 7? Easy on a laptop but on a phone with my clumsy fingers? Oy vey!! 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Also makes it difficult to respond to. Let's say I want to respond to quote #4 of 8, do I try to edit out the other 7? Easy on a laptop but on a phone with my clumsy fingers? Oy vey!! 

Yup, sometimes I don't respond because I don't want to go though all the editing using my phone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very stupid and worthless invention

I do bring a string/bolo tie , which I can wear if a tie is needed , I do live in Texas 😁,  my problem with tie and dress shirts is my neck size is 21 and they don’t even make that size so I need size 22 , which comes with a waist size about twice what my waist is . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Arzeena, your point about multi quotes is well taken.

For me, it honestly never bothered me much.  However, I can see it would be better for some if multiple quotes included only one topic.

Not long ago someone posted criticism about people who do not multi quote, but who post individual quotes.  Poster said it takes up too much room to read separate posts.

The problem with individual posts, for me, is that oftentimes I have to read 5 or 6 new pages.  With multi quote, I just click once and wait until I have finished reading all pages before commenting.  With individual quotes it's time consuming to keep scrolling back to find the post I want to individually quote.  Not sure I'm making sense but maybe there's an easier way??

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

This just made my day!

https://people.com/country/acms-2022-dolly-parton-hosts/

cannot wait!

She is such a great lady. Has never forgotten where she came from and gives so much.

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Well my wife got the Gazebo she had always wanted and now it was time for me to get something I have wanted since we moved to Virginia to our new house.

Customized Golf Cart. The guy did an amazing job putting it together. It will be a lot of fun and all the above will last much longer then any  cruise.

Also we are thinking of remodeling the our  kitchen.  So this pretty much put an  end to cruising to Europe this fall. Just not excited on taking any cruise at this time from out of the country. Don't see anything changing anytime soon.

So when the times comes we will just get our deposit back and stop chasing down that Lift and Shift Owners Suite.

If we do any cruises in the future they will be from the US.

20220118_170732.jpg

20220203_084626.jpg

Beautiful deer as always. Nice toy too. I can see where you are coming from on the cruising overseas. We have another TP and NZ cruise this year as long as the countries are open. I won't mind going there with masks (even though I am getting tired of them sometimes), but for whatever reason I don't think I would want to wear them to Europe. I know that sounds odd. Maybe because this will be our third TP and we haven't been on a TA or Europe yet on a cruise?  Weird I know. Had a really nice TA and Baltic cruise canceled and I haven't found one yet like it. Hopefully next year they will come out.

9 hours ago, George C said:

It almost never snows in Dallas 

image.thumb.jpeg.f6ca951b3bced990de536f1b5f4b2cd9.jpeg

Hopefully it won't be a repeat of last year. That sounded terrible.

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great job, Bonnie!  Some day I will learn to post pictures😉

For me also, Dani.  I'm almost always 3 or 4 pages (sometimes more) behind, so I also try not to "manufacture" so many pages in one day.

Same here. I don't mind a lot of quotes. If I forget what someone is taking about I just click on the arrow and it will bring me back to who that person was quoting. Some people can take up so much of a page quoting one thing at the time one right after another and another and another, etc.🙄  It's so easy to multi quote even if it's just a few at a time. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just hover over and highlight what you want to quote and then hit the “quote box” that pops up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2