"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was at the house for 6 hrs today and we got alot packed up, sorted, thrown out etc.  We had her get on phone with sister then another friend, then put tv on hallmark channel so we could focus on packing and cleaning out.  She was walking circles all day.   Would pick up a belt take to another room then come back with a toothbrush in her hand.  Events like this happened all day.   So sad to watch.   

Professional movers come later this week but we got enough of basic essentials out of her home and moved to my friends home where he made a mother in laws suite for her to stay.  

Imagine it will take her awhile to adjust but maybe not.   He made a very nice space for her.

That's wonderful what your friends are doing as she will need extra care as the dementia gets worse.

Paulines mam loved playing with various toy blocks and listening to Vera Lynn singing the old war time songs which brought back memories to her.

28f this morning and cold.

There is a covering of snow but the sun is out with clear skies.

The ignition on the house heating has gone off and won't reset so we have contacted our gas boiler engineer.☹️🥶

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

28f this morning and cold.

There is a covering of snow but the sun is out with clear skies.

The ignition on the house heating has gone off and won't reset so we have contacted our gas boiler engineer.☹️🥶

😕 Oh no, hope it gets fixed soon 

15 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Apple/blueberry crisp sounds divine.  Think I would break my keto diet for a piece of that!

It was very good!  PIA to peel all those apples, but easy to add those delicious wild blueberries from Maine!  🙂  Did use Truvia to sweeten...just to make me feel less guilty.  😄 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

The engineer is coming first thing Monday so we are using 3 electric fan heaters.

Graham.

Hopefully it will be an easy fix.  Good time to snuggle with some hot chocolate.   Do you have a fireplace?

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Prepared this morning for a possible ice storm. Hourly forecast is different than what the radar shows, but it’s either going to be freezing rain for 6 hours or a snow event. Generators are fuelled/ready and tractor is plugged in. Time will tell what I will need in the end. 

In the meantime I am still enjoying a CSI marathon.  It’s going from first to last episode on TV for the last week.  Amazingly enough there are still episodes that I have never seen. Forgot how good the writing was on this show.

The shots of Vegas make me we want to return.  Even happier that it isn’t CSI Miami which shots of cruise ships and beaches. 

Here in Pa yesterday we had freezing rain in morning then it poured most of the afternoon and evening.  

I much rather have snow than freezing rain.  At least you have all the equipment ready to go, if needed.  

I'm so happy that we got a whole house generator back in 2012, right before hurricane / super storm sandy hit our area.  Our area had no power for 3 or 4 weeks.  Love the peace of mind that comes with having a generator.  It has been used several times.

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in Pa yesterday we had freezing rain in morning then it poured most of the afternoon and evening.  

I much rather have snow than freezing rain.  At least you have all the equipment ready to go, if needed.  

I'm so happy that we got a whole house generator back in 2012, right before hurricane / super storm sandy hit our area.  Our area had no power for 3 or 4 weeks.  Love the peace of mind that comes with having a generator.  It has been used several times.

I always choose snow over ice. Ice brings down branches, trees and power outages. Snow is usually just a mess. 

totally agree with you about the generator.  We have three here. Mine is propane, has auto start and runs the entire place. The other two are gas, one at each MIL that run the essentials, one larger than the other. The run heating/cooling, well water, fridge, a few lights, and the TV. If it’s a prolonged outage they can always stay here. 

We are heading back to those cold temperatures now, but the car says the outside temperature is 83°.  Daughter just called and said it is 41° in western PA.  Glad we missed the ice. 

Christmas decorations are nearly put away here but with a twist this year since we're moving.  We only plan to bring some of our decorations with us.  We set aside what we want to keep, and our daughters are going through what's left to see what they might want.  We usually set up 3 artificial trees (allergies).  All are 6-7 feet tall for the 8 foot ceilings in our Ohio house but we have 12 foot ceilings in our new house, so time for a new tree.

One of our trees was fully decorated with the misc. ornaments that we've acquired from various places (including a couple of cruise ships), or that the kids (when they were truly kids) made or bought for us.  Nothing of any real $ value, just mostly sentimental value stuff that's often not very pretty.  Many of you probably have the same type of stuff.  We'll keep a small number of those ornaments that have the most sentimental value but unless our daughters want to keep any, the rest will be tossed.  It's definitely a strange feeling doing it this way, but we'll have far fewer storage boxes when done.

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Christmas decorations are nearly put away here but with a twist this year since we're moving.  We only plan to bring some of our decorations with us.  We set aside what we want to keep, and our daughters are going through what's left to see what they might want.  We usually set up 3 artificial trees (allergies).  All are 6-7 feet tall for the 8 foot ceilings in our Ohio house but we have 12 foot ceilings in our new house, so time for a new tree.

One of our trees was fully decorated with the misc. ornaments that we've acquired from various places (including a couple of cruise ships), or that the kids (when they were truly kids) made or bought for us.  Nothing of any real $ value, just mostly sentimental value stuff that's often not very pretty.  Many of you probably have the same type of stuff.  We'll keep a small number of those ornaments that have the most sentimental value but unless our daughters want to keep any, the rest will be tossed.  It's definitely a strange feeling doing it this way, but we'll have far fewer storage boxes when done.

Your Buckeyes really put a beat down on Clemson.  Very impressive!  

Outside Christmas lights are all put away. It’s just over freezing and the sun has come out to melt the ice and snow.  The sun is making the ice shine on the trees. 

Going to BBQ steaks tonight. 

D7D83AD7-58BE-4C83-938F-F2F6392883C8.thumb.jpeg.d2f39e2e4893fb589dd9f460337824c8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Outside lights are packed away.  It is fairly warm here today, so down they came.

Graham, can I borrow your fireplace?

Marietta

We bought it 39 years ago shortly after getting married.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The ignition on the house heating has gone off and won't reset

That quite a bummer, on top of being very cold and a holiday week end. Hopefully, the electric ones will do a "fair" job 😘

We have an electric fireplace in our "land yacht" (AKA motorhome).  🙂   It is nice to turn it on when we camp in the northlands.  (Used it a lot during chilly mornings in Maine).  

just made the devastating choice to cancel our September Maldives hotel. 😭 We had gotten such an amazing deal with Chase points, but flights are just non existent now and the ones that are are so outrageous. It’s so weird to not have the next 2 years of vacations scheduled already.

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

just made the devastating choice to cancel our September Maldives hotel. 😭 We had gotten such an amazing deal with Chase points, but flights are just non existent now and the ones that are are so outrageous. It’s so weird to not have the next 2 years of vacations scheduled already.

That sucks but in all honesty as it stands right now I don’t see “travelling” in our house until a year from now.

On a more positive note, how is Nate feeling?  It’s been a few more days since his surgery. 

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

Sad to hear about your Maldives hotel.

First time in 40 years we have no foreign holidays booked and first time since 2003 when we started cruising that we didn't have 3 cruises booked for this year.

😩☹️😭

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That sucks but in all honesty as it stands right now I don’t see “travelling” in our house until a year from now.

On a more positive note, how is Nate feeling?  It’s been a few more days since his surgery. 

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sad to hear about your Maldives hotel.

First time in 40 years we have no foreign holidays booked and first time since 2003 when we started cruising that we didn't have 3 cruises booked for this year.

😩☹️😭

keeping fingers crossed we see travel improvements!

Nate’s doing very well. He doesn’t even seem to need me at this point. We got him out of the house this morning for a trip to Costco and he walked a total of a mile. 

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

keeping fingers crossed we see travel improvements!

Nate’s doing very well. He doesn’t even seem to need me at this point. We got him out of the house this morning for a trip to Costco and he walked a total of a mile. 

That's great news he walked a mile.

Take care and stay safe.