"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just made the devastating choice to cancel our September Maldives hotel. 😭 It’s so weird to not have the next 2 years of vacations scheduled already.

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sad to hear about your Maldives hotel.

First time in 40 years we have no foreign holidays booked and first time since 2003 when we started cruising that we didn't have 3 cruises booked for this year.

😩☹️😭

Still looking for a ""sad/sorry" button.....

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

just made the devastating choice to cancel our September Maldives hotel. 😭 We had gotten such an amazing deal with Chase points, but flights are just non existent now and the ones that are are so outrageous. It’s so weird to not have the next 2 years of vacations scheduled already.

Oh No! That's too bad. But it is so difficult to plan future travel right now with all of the future uncertainty. It is horrible to cancel vacations. And all of us never imagined that this pandemic would be going on for this long with no (or only slow) signs of abating. :classic_sad:

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

28f this morning and cold.

There is a covering of snow but the sun is out with clear skies.

The ignition on the house heating has gone off and won't reset so we have contacted our gas boiler engineer.☹️🥶

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

The engineer is coming first thing Monday so we are using 3 electric fan heaters.

Graham.

Glad you have electric heating fans. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and things warm up for you.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Christmas packed away. Forgot how big this room is

20210102_170151.thumb.jpg.2e69d16eae01f54e8ca487b5d3bdd984.jpg

You don’t even want to see the pictures from our temporary shoebox with boxes stacked to the ceiling and a folding table for dinner table. Lol. Dog Penny hasn’t adjusted yet. She’s not too keen walking on a lease to do her thing. I’m not too keen shoveling (bagging) her junk. 

Only temporary. This time next year we should be in the new place. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Christmas packed away. Forgot how big this room is

Felt the same way.  Bucky walked into the back porch after I packed everything away, looked around and said.."Wow.".  Suddenly a lot bigger looking indeed.  😉 

20 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Your Buckeyes really put a beat down on Clemson.  Very impressive!  

Fun game to watch.  The real test comes next week.  Bama looks very good.

Ok, so driving up 95 in Florida yesterday and kept seeing “silver alert” signs. I guess, according to Florida, this is what it means ....

The Florida Silver Alert is used to locate missing persons suffering from an irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties.

When it said the plate number on the vehicle was MSCLAUS, it looks like Santa must have called it in. 

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fun game to watch.  The real test comes next week.  Bama looks very good.

Bama looks amazing.  But I think Buckeyes can go toe to toe with them. Should be a great game.

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer's vaccine today. It was a very smooth and well organized operation.

The 2nd dose exactly in 21 days.

Sadly, we're in the 3rd lock down, but on the other hand, this vaccination is going really well for the 60+ years.

So for those missing travel, here are a few photos and video from our northward trek today. 

I-95 southbound was almost at a standstill in South Carolina. 

I-95 at I-26, people decided to pile into the median. 

146240CA-1E61-451F-AD83-FB7EA3FD994B.thumb.jpeg.753c04aaf83ba2db0c13cbd2c1a5d502.jpeg

4172412F-E7DC-4C74-B271-2D681133E48B.thumb.jpeg.dbfbecd85789ba49e1798da2205dc717.jpeg

I-26, someone had an uh oh with their trailer.  Surprised it didn’t roll. 

95751298-A03E-48C2-8EDC-8BC3105D9578.thumb.jpeg.e41128de4886ef4927492b0c08a7cf93.jpeg

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer's vaccine today. It was a very smooth and well organized operation.

Sadly, we're in the 3rd lock down, but on the other hand, this vaccination is going really well for the 60+ years.

That's great news Dani I'm really pleased for you.

In the UK they are giving more people the first dose but now leaving it up to 12 weeks for the second dose.

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In the UK they are giving more people the first dose but now leaving it up to 12 weeks for the second dose.

Thanks, Graham.

I'm following the news (BBC, CNN) closely. Here also some "wise-guy" from the Health Ministry suggested the same, but it released an immediate uproar, and it seems that those who already received the 1st jab will have the 2nd one secured, and they'll stop giving the 1st dose until the next shipment arrives.

I hope that Pauline and you are holding tight, until tomorrow when the repairman will fix the heating.

6 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Bama looks amazing.  But I think Buckeyes can go toe to toe with them. Should be a great game.

Bama’s pass defense is suspect. Buckeyes should be able to exploit that. It’s all a question of whether they can stop the Bama offense. They’ll need a plan to keep DeVonta Smith under control. Don’t think they can stop him one on one. Focus too much on Smith and Najee Harris can beat them on the ground. Buckeyes offensive and defensive lines are both excellent, so they have a good chance. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So for those missing travel, here are a few photos and video from our northward trek today. 

I-95 southbound was almost at a standstill in South Carolina. 

Headed back to Florida in a couple of days, via I-26 then I-95. That 2 lane stretch of I-95 thru South Carolina is my biggest worry. Hopefully, it won’t be as bad mid-week. 

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Headed back to Florida in a couple of days, via I-26 then I-95. That 2 lane stretch of I-95 thru South Carolina is my biggest worry. Hopefully, it won’t be as bad mid-week. 

Heading south that has never been an issue as we usually hit it around 5am.  Heading north is an entirely different story....stuck in traffic many times. 

We have never hit traffic as bad as we did today.  But then, we usually are not on our way back after new year.  We typically cruise after, and come back when traffic is lighter.  We moved this weeks cruise to next January.

At least the weather has been great for driving, and we missed a couple snow/ice storms back home.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That’s great. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Based on what the boss tells me, using up the doses on first “jab” and extending out to 12 weeks, is not the tested protocol. 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:43 PM, voyager70 said:

Was quite interesting.  Of course I'm obsessed with Investigation ID channel.  Reminds me a bit of the Hatfields vs McCoys

My grandmother Lucretia, was a Hatfield, my dad's mother, from Oneida, Tenn.  Yes, from the Hatfields and McCoys.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's great!  We arrived in Naples on New Years Day and we're on the waiting list for this coming Wednesday and Friday.  I don't expect us to get called for the vaccine on either date, but it makes us hopeful that we'll receive it sometime before Spring arrives,  Fingers crossed!🤞