"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm on beer 5 now, but it was a success.

20210105_163617.thumb.jpg.440a1cdd2cde2b31312b1321cac45104.jpg

So glad I didn't finish in oven

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm on beer 5 now, but it was a success.

20210105_163617.thumb.jpg.440a1cdd2cde2b31312b1321cac45104.jpg

So glad I didn't finish in oven

I cook my at lower temperature. 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought it was in my top 2 or 3

How does it get the smoke flavor?  Personally, you cook too fast and too high temperature that is really not low and slow. You should try a butt cooked low and slow. 

well...who doesn’t like a challenge 🤦🏼‍♀️

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Today, my uncle had 2 stents put in. 85 and 90% blockages. 

I mean....starting out 2021 with a bang.

oh and switching gears and looking to a dif part of Florida now. 🤣

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm baking chicken parm now along with homemade mashed potatoes and some homegrown broccoli that I harvested end of October and flash froze.    And of course, some homemade garlic bread!  

Rigatoni with meat sauce for us tonight.  And homemade garlic bread.  I sense a theme.

26 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Wow, they are all Lucky or fortunate depending on how you want to describe it.  Maybe you want to buy a lotto ticket soon to wrap it up, and buy that place in FL. 

36 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

There is a blogger that I follow on YouTube.  Bradley Freisen is his name and he is from British Colombia.  Some might recognize him from being on Dragon’s Den in Canada. That’s the original Shark Tank for those south of the border. He made a deal with all the Dragons but ended up going on his own. It was a hangover recovery drink. 

His adventures are mainly about adventures he and his dog have in the back country of BC in their chopper. Sometimes with guests and sometimes just with them. If you love the scenery check out some of his other ones. 

I showed Lisa and Owen his latest video from today, and Owen immediately says “I’d love a dog that would fist bump with me”.  I quickly followed with “we are going to get a chopper before we get a dog”. 😂

Turn up and enjoy the scenery. 

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Oh my!  Hopefully, no more bad news for your family.   Onward and upward from here 😊

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How does it get the smoke flavor?  Personally, you cook too fast and too high temperature that is really not low and slow. You should try a butt cooked low and slow. 

On the egg i typically go 225. Can't get much lower than that. Today's finish was a little high, but the meat was done after 20 hours in sous vide. Took the smoke perfect. 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Things happen in 3's my Mom always says.  So you are all good now.     Hopefully the others will recover as well as Nate 😊

47 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is a blogger that I follow on YouTube.  Bradley Freisen is his name and he is from British Colombia.  Some might recognize him from being on Dragon’s Den in Canada. That’s the original Shark Tank for those south of the border. He made a deal with all the Dragons but ended up going on his own. It was a hangover recovery drink. 

His adventures are mainly about adventures he and his dog have in the back country of BC in their chopper. Sometimes with guests and sometimes just with them. If you love the scenery check out some of his other ones. 

I showed Lisa and Owen his latest video from today, and Owen immediately says “I’d love a dog that would fist bump with me”.  I quickly followed with “we are going to get a chopper before we get a dog”. 😂

Turn up and enjoy the scenery. 

AWESOME!!!

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have been telling him that all day.  Welcome to the club

I feel like I won the lottery.  After calling 100 times to try to get one of the 2,800 vaccinations available through the health department I stumbled upon an online registration for one of the 1,000 vaccinations at a drive up clinic at the community center on Thursday and secured a spot.  So here is hoping all goes well and I get the first shot.  I think it will be the Moderna version.

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Looks like I’m out for getting vaccine at the VA. I was really hoping I would get it here. 85+ and I’m not there yet. B490D6B7-A8EB-4938-AAA6-F89D8AF457CF.thumb.png.05e4763b4eaf977d3d1d9f77e0265306.png

wow. I’m honestly surprised! But as you’ve said before...better to not wait in a long line

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

Wow what a terrible day.

Fortunately your sisters boyfriend was seen in time.

Your uncle was fortunate to get those stents in before he had a cardiac arrest with that level of blockage.

Nate sounds to be making a nice recovery.

Good luck in finding a property in Florida.

We love Orlando especially WDW and all the shopping outlets.

Take care and happy house hunting.

Graham.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Things happen in 3's my Mom always says.  So you are all good now.     Hopefully the others will recover as well as Nate 😊

👍That is a saying we were always told too.

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Neither of my parents is doing well. We arent starting off very well either. My dad just cant force himself to eat and drink enough and has been so weak the last 2 days he can barely sit up or get out of bed and my mom is always exhausted. I dont think my dad will make it thru covid.

Normally I would take him to ER but I dont think he can manage on his own and dont know they would let mom stay with him and dont think hospitals the safest place with so much covid. Things are bad here too.

Sorry your year is starting off downhill too.

Dallas says it will take until july before they can start to vaccinate the general population. They have no idea even when they can start 1B like my parents vaccinations. Weeks at best as they says tens of thousands more of 1A to do but starting next monday they will receive more doses 2k a day. Here they will do all 1A before 1B from what I understand and expect those 2 lists to take until July. .. my parents need to protection. ..though I cant afford to get sick from it either as I'm their lifeline for food and necessities, drug pick ups for instance. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They look well fed for being homeless 😺

Many kitties feeders here...

_DSC2261.JPG

My friend is also one of them, and I was so surprised when one day, coming back to her home in her car (I've left my car in her parking),  lots of kitties were waiting for her and their food. She told me that they know the engine's noise😁

Edited by dani negreanu