Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is gut wrenching, and we all know that feeling. 

So true. I feel for you and your family, you've had more than enough.

In the slight chance that your cousin's doctors don't know about it -- when my son's best friend was diagnosed with GB stage 4, he was given a therapy from this company --

https://www.novocure.com/

it prolonged his life for an additional 6 months, and with this poor prognosis anyhow, it's a lot -- a new therapy just may come along.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree. Many of us have gone through some tough times over these months.

Late last week my cousin, in Alberta, had a growth in his brain removed.  It tripled in size since it was discovered in late December. The surgery went well and they got most of it. That being said even with continued therapy he has been given 2 years.  

He isn’t barely 40 with two kids and a wife. He came out of the surgery still able to speak and has mobility.  Having lost my dad to melanoma cancer, specifically an inoperable brain tumour, I fully understand what lies ahead of them.

That is terribly sad news Andrew.

A friend's husband is in hospital now with a new brain tumor six and a half years after he was given 6 months to live with his first brain tumor.

Graham

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have broken more bones than I knew that I had.My falls are due primarily to the Parkinson’s.Medications to treat the disease lower the BP causing me to get dizzy and fall.

Sorry to hear Lenny.

Take care.

Best wishes 

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Not much fun is it, my most embarrassing was off the toilet in the shopping centre, the disabled toilet doubles as a baby change room and the door must automatically unlock after a period of time, this poor lady and her three kids walk in to find me naked from the waist down, crying my eyes out, barely able to speak (yep I had sneezed) she and security, rng an ambulance and refused to leave, even though I am pretty sure her youngest soiled their diaper, until the ambulance was there, and even then remained in the vicinity till Mrs Gut arrived, unfortunately I was in no fit state to get her details to properly thank her.

So sorry to hear what you are going through Gut.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My Mom couldn't get my Dad off the floor either.  My husband and I would go over and do it.  Luckily, he never fell on a street.  That is terrible people wouldn't help you.

Absolutely agree.

If I ever see anyone in a similar position I always ask if I can help.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks. Unfortunately my wife cannot pick me up from the floor.It is usually a call to family members or 911.

I once fell on a city street.I was lying and bleeding and begging passers by to help me but nobody did except for a homeless man who normally sits on a bench in the area.Now I do not have that problem because I have not been able to walk on my own in 5 years.

That is horrible.  Some people just dont know what to do and think they should not get involved.  So wrong!!

Reminds me of a story.  Several years ago I was forced to go to a coworkers birthday dinner.  I had felt sick all day but agreed to go for at least a drink.  I had a cocktail and nibbled on some appetizers but didnt feel well so I said I had to leave.  As I walking out the door I fainted/passed out and was laying in foyer area of restaurant.  I was told people coming in walked right over me and were told by hostess I had too much to drink.  My friends rushed to me and told the hostess I was sick not drunk and to call 911.  

I got to hospital and had a fever of 104.5 and was severely dehydrated.  Had some sort of virus.

After I felt better I went back and blasted the hostess and her boss for their behavior and lack of concern.   Never went there again.  No one at my office did either.  

I was happy to hear they went out of business 2 years later.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today my doctor gave me a prescription for Norvasc.The side effects are headaches,dizziness and other wonderful things.I have had 36 falls.I will not likely survive another fall.My doctor said that the normal BP for people 70 and older is 150/90.

What did your husband do for his elevated BP ?

Lenny - I take 10 mg of Norvasc every morning for high BP.  When I first started taking it, I would occasionally get dizzy when standing up too quickly...especially at night when getting out of bed.  That has mostly leveled out now but I still sit on the side of the bed for a few seconds before standing up just to be careful.  The good news is that Norvasc works well for me as my BP is now normal (122/72 last checked) and I don't have any other side effects.  With less stress after retirement, focusing on eating less sodium, and slowly working my weight down, I'm hoping to work my way off any BP meds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

On a more positive note, we had stir fry for dinner. 

Andrew - What model of weather station do you have sitting on the counter?  We're looking for a new one that's not too big and doesn't overload you with too much info.  What you have looks perfect.

Oh yeah...the stir fry looks great!

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lenny - I take 10 mg of Norvasc every morning for high BP.  When I first started taking it, I would occasionally get dizzy when standing up too quickly...especially at night when getting out of bed.  That has mostly leveled out now but I still sit on the side of the bed for a few seconds before standing up just to be careful.  The good news is that Norvasc works well for me as my BP is now normal (122/72 last checked) and I don't have any other side effects.  With less stress after retirement, focusing on eating less sodium, and slowly working my weight down, I'm hoping to work my way off any BP meds.

Something else that may help.  Eric was told when sits up in bed to wiggle his legs and feet around to help get circulation flowing.  He has been told compression socks help, but he refuses to wear them all the time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible.  Some people just dont know what to do and think they should not get involved.  So wrong!!

Reminds me of a story.  Several years ago I was forced to go to a coworkers birthday dinner.  I had felt sick all day but agreed to go for at least a drink.  I had a cocktail and nibbled on some appetizers but didnt feel well so I said I had to leave.  As I walking out the door I fainted/passed out and was laying in foyer area of restaurant.  I was told people coming in walked right over me and were told by hostess I had too much to drink.  My friends rushed to me and told the hostess I was sick not drunk and to call 911.  

I got to hospital and had a fever of 104.5 and was severely dehydrated.  Had some sort of virus.

After I felt better I went back and blasted the hostess and her boss for their behavior and lack of concern.   Never went there again.  No one at my office did either.  

I was happy to hear they went out of business 2 years later.

I'm glad you went back and told them off.  That is horrible.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree. Many of us have gone through some tough times over these months.

Late last week my cousin, in Alberta, had a growth in his brain removed.  It tripled in size since it was discovered in late December. The surgery went well and they got most of it. That being said even with continued therapy he has been given 2 years.  

He isn’t barely 40 with two kids and a wife. He came out of the surgery still able to speak and has mobility.  Having lost my dad to melanoma cancer, specifically an inoperable brain tumour, I fully understand what lies ahead of them.

I'm so sorry. Our friends daughter was 41 when she was diagnosed with glioblastoma. Cancer sucks!

I saw the dentist today. That went well. On a more positive note, we had stir fry for dinner. 

IMG_7491.MOV 6.41 MB · 17 downloads

I saw mine 3 weeks ago...she decided she needs to pull my upper left wisdom tooth.  Yeah...I still have three of them in me.  😮  Not sure why it needs to go this late in life...it's not decayed at all...but oh well.  She thinks it will help later on....or she just wants some extra $$.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

It’s been snowing here the last couple of days as well. The wind is gusty tonight but I have held off in blowing snow until tomorrow. The wind will just make a mess of everything tonight. 

I have spent the last couple weeks cleaning out the garage at my moms and the office in her garage. Things are much tidier and organized. A few items are lined up to go to the scrap yard and auction sometime later this year. I just have to sort through the vault and sort out what can be shredded but that’s a job for March when the weather is better. 

Much better now that it is done. Feels great. 

Wow!!  That's a garage??  😮  

I sure wouldn't want to show you Bucky's cramped up little garage...his "man cave".  😜  Cave being the appropriate word there.  

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today my doctor gave me a prescription for Norvasc.The side effects are headaches,dizziness and other wonderful things.I have had 36 falls.I will not likely survive another fall.My doctor said that the normal BP for people 70 and older is 150/90.

What did your husband do for his elevated BP ?

The hospital gave him a medicine that Columbia(transplant doctors) said he cannot take.  They switched his medicines to different doses and times.  I know he takes coward, metoprolol and amlodipinc bcsylate.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Andrew - What model of weather station do you have sitting on the counter?  We're looking for a new one that's not too big and doesn't overload you with too much info.  What you have looks perfect.

Oh yeah...the stir fry looks great!

Got it on Amazon. We had one from the same company before, to which we got from Costco but they no longer sell it. We had it for at least five years before it gave up. We’ve now had this one since September. This is it but it’s priced in Canadian dollars.

A96F3BA9-0106-4931-BDD4-4136B3C868ED.thumb.jpeg.5fbae62434ce9c4da4f614d678e9b843.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Got it on Amazon. We had one from the same company before, to which we got from Costco but they no longer sell it. We had it for at least five years before it gave up. We’ve now had this one since September. This is it but it’s priced in Canadian dollars.

Remember my old weather cam. 

sky_image.jpg.d03e188c17b94dde55b3c7651fe9fb69.jpg

It was never the same after Mathew.

Mount is still fused to the balcony railing

Edited by John&LaLa