Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

I have heard that the Shingles shot does that.  This year my flu shot gave me more of a reaction then in the past.  My arm was very sore and 2 days later I had a day of no energy.  After that all was well.  I guess it was a flu variation I had not been exposed to for awhile.  My first covid shot resulted in just a sore arm.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I waited 6 months for my bike and now my husband has been waiting 2 months for doors for his big shop.  I think he will be driving to Georgia next week to pick some up he found.  It is crazy all the things that are back ordered these days.

 

I was in Lowes the other day and was surprised to still see several empty shelves.  We do so much more home delivery than we did a year ago...even things like towel bars and light bulbs that I would have always purchased at a store.  I wish I was smart enough to invest in Amazon, Fedex, UPS a couple of years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

They make a couple of cuts in my eye to drain the vitreous fluid then use instruments to peal away the Epiretinal Membrane underneath which is pulling on my eye's macular which causes a slight distortion of vision in that eye.

They then put a gas bubble under the lens which over a week or so is absorbed into the Macular to fill the hole.

 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Please keep us updated.  Maybe you get to wear a patch like a pirate....Arrr

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

I was in Lowes the other day and was surprised to still see several empty shelves.  We do so much more home delivery than we did a year ago...even things like towel bars and light bulbs that I would have always purchased at a store.  I wish I was smart enough to invest in Amazon, Fedex, UPS a couple of years ago.

I went to bestbuy the other day and the store was so empty, I thought they were going out of business.  Workers said corporate said there is a container ship that was quarantined and would be awhile before they are restocked.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Love the wet bar back there.  Very inviting looking!  😉 

 

Coffee bar in the morning , cocktail bar in the afternoon 🍸.  The cabinet/hutch that was supposed to be delivered on Saturday will go against the wall to the left of the wet bar area and will be the liquor cabinet. I wonder what it says about our priorities that the first things to be delivered are recliners for watching TV and a liquor cabinet??  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've taken our first bigger step away from camping in our new Florida house.  Because we're not moving out of our Ohio house until the summer, and will be buying a lot of new furniture anyway, we only have what we could fit into a couple of cars.  We've literally been using folding chairs and tables.  The first of our new furniture has arrived...2 recliners.  We can now comfortably watch TV. 😁

 

image.thumb.png.1d389478a61479dce323985ed775079a.png

 

Rug and TV tray side table are temporary.  We were supposed to have a chest/hutch delivered today but it arrived at the furniture store with a broken leg and now we need to wait another 3-4 for a replacement to be delivered.  Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

 

Your floors look like my condo

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

 

 

 

Rug and TV tray side table are temporary.  We were supposed to have a chest/hutch delivered today but it arrived at the furniture store with a broken leg and now we need to wait another 3-4 for a replacement to be delivered.  Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

Just seeing this view of your new home I love the view I see.  Also  my favorite color on your chairs.

 

If I may, oh what the heck I am going to ask.

How large is your new home in square feet?

Just curious, alright............nibby.

 

Thanks ahead of time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also, to Graham.

Best wishes.

As I have posted before I am a nurse anesthetist and provided anesthesia and monitoring for all types of cases including eye surgery.

It is truly amazing to see this surgery as a nurse watching on the screens how they repair and do all different types of procedures.

We are blessed that these options are now available.

The "bubble" that gets placed to help hold everything where it is supposed to be is truly a medical breakthru....and really helps the healing.

This will be your time to be spoiled till the healing process is finished. Rest up during recovery.

 

I remember when they first started doing this bubble, you could not travel by air till the bubble is absorbed and you will rest in certain positions to aide the healing.

It is all worth it.  And time flies.

 

Best of luck.

 

 

Take care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Just seeing this view of your new home I love the view I see.  Also  my favorite color on your chairs.

 

If I may, oh what the heck I am going to ask.

How large is your new home in square feet?

Just curious, alright............nibby.

 

My wife was worried about the color but absolutely loves it now that they've been delivered.  She does the interior design work, I do the technology work. I'm happy with whatever she does and vice-versa.

 

The house is 2720 square feet.  Three bedrooms on one floor.  Typical of many new houses that we looked at with a large open space in the middle (kitchen, great room, eating area), master suite on one side and 2 guest BRs with baths on the other side.  The only place that I would have liked more space is in the garage.  It's a 2 car and I would have preferred a 3 car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just seeing this view of your new home I love the view I see.  Also  my favorite color on your chairs.

 

If I may, oh what the heck I am going to ask.

How large is your new home in square feet?

Just curious, alright............nibby.

 

Thanks ahead of time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also, to Graham.

Best wishes.

As I have posted before I am a nurse anesthetist and provided anesthesia and monitoring for all types of cases including eye surgery.

It is truly amazing to see this surgery as a nurse watching on the screens how they repair and do all different types of procedures.

We are blessed that these options are now available.

The "bubble" that gets placed to help hold everything where it is supposed to be is truly a medical breakthru....and really helps the healing.

This will be your time to be spoiled till the healing process is finished. Rest up during recovery.

 

I remember when they first started doing this bubble, you could not travel by air till the bubble is absorbed and you will rest in certain positions to aide the healing.

It is all worth it.  And time flies.

 

Best of luck.

 

 

Take care.

Thank you for your best wishes Lionesss.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've taken our first bigger step away from camping in our new Florida house.  Because we're not moving out of our Ohio house until the summer, and will be buying a lot of new furniture anyway, we only have what we could fit into a couple of cars.  We've literally been using folding chairs and tables.  The first of our new furniture has arrived...2 recliners.  We can now comfortably watch TV. 😁

 

image.thumb.png.1d389478a61479dce323985ed775079a.png

 

Rug and TV tray side table are temporary.  We were supposed to have a chest/hutch delivered today but it arrived at the furniture store with a broken leg and now we need to wait another 3-4 for a replacement to be delivered.  Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

I love the color of the recliners.  Beautiful!  Best wishes with your new home.  It's always fun to decorate a new home and get new furniture.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Off for a fuel fill-up this morning.  For some reason, the price I paid reminded me of the cost of gas when I was a kid. 😁

 

3B59AE8B-0E96-46CA-BFA2-D39856222774.thumb.jpeg.c9ec6660cac26838dcac6efa03ac090c.jpeg

 

Computer error?  Why so cheap?  

Where is this?   

Eric has a dodge challenger hellcat and always buys high octane.  Costs over $3 gal here in PA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Computer error?  Why so cheap?  

Where is this?   

Eric has a dodge challenger hellcat and always buys high octane.  Costs over $3 gal here in PA.

Western PA.  I had a few perks to bring the price down to 38 cents per gallon. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

My wife was worried about the color but absolutely loves it now that they've been delivered.  She does the interior design work, I do the technology work. I'm happy with whatever she does and vice-versa.

 

The house is 2720 square feet.  Three bedrooms on one floor.  Typical of many new houses that we looked at with a large open space in the middle (kitchen, great room, eating area), master suite on one side and 2 guest BRs with baths on the other side.  The only place that I would have liked more space is in the garage.  It's a 2 car and I would have preferred a 3 car.

 

Sounds exactly like our new house. Same issue with 2 car garage, but one side is 8' deeper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Computer error?  Why so cheap?  

Where is this?   

Eric has a dodge challenger hellcat and always buys high octane.  Costs over $3 gal here in PA.

 

Hi test at Sam's down here, is $2.49

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wonder what it says about our priorities that the first things to be delivered are recliners for watching TV and a liquor cabinet??  

 

Absolutely like all I've seen (chairs, floors, cabinet), and your priorities are spot on 😁 

 

Enjoy your new house, it is full of light.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

you will rest in certain positions to aide the healing

 

@grapau27

 

I remember patients arriving at the clinic after their vitrectomy accompanied by someone, because they've been reading that you have to look down ....

 

And "my" professor telling them that there absolutely is no need to do this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric saw his orthopedic doc today and was told he can start to slowly move his arm.  Yesterday was 4 weeks since he broke humerus bone near shoulder.  

Doc showed him how to remove sling himself a couple of exercises to slowly start with this weekend.  Next week he has 2 or 3 pt sessions to help rebuild strength and movement.  

WooHoo, soon he can play bartender again...shake shake shake.  Lol!

Happy for you both 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

I was in Lowes the other day and was surprised to still see several empty shelves.  We do so much more home delivery than we did a year ago...even things like towel bars and light bulbs that I would have always purchased at a store.  I wish I was smart enough to invest in Amazon, Fedex, UPS a couple of years ago.

 

Uggh...I have two long check out tapes next to me....two trips to Lowes...one yesterday and one today.  Unexpected total remodel of our guest bathroom.  Started out with plastic pipe disintegrating, then found sink not attached to wall correctly...(never like the thing anyway) so decided to replace with new sink/vanity.  That lead to painting the room, new mirror, new light fixture, toilet seat, new curtain, rug, towels...etc.  😮   $$  

 

Some stuff from Amazon, but most of it from Lowes.  

 

Agree...amazing how empty many shelves are.  

 

This as we are waiting for shipment of our cabinets, mirrors, quartz top, etc. for the main bathroom.  Cruise money not spent...is now well spent on fresh new bathroom remodels instead.  😉 

 

Oh but we DID find two shelves for the guest bathroom on the almost empty shelves at Lowes.  😄 

Edited by island lady
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

Coffee bar in the morning , cocktail bar in the afternoon 🍸.  The cabinet/hutch that was supposed to be delivered on Saturday will go against the wall to the left of the wet bar area and will be the liquor cabinet. I wonder what it says about our priorities that the first things to be delivered are recliners for watching TV and a liquor cabinet??  

 

Sounds to me that your priorities are exactly in the right place!!  😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Bucky had severe side effects after Shingles shots...I had mild.  I guess the vaccines are doing their job...just have to get through the body's reaction to them.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  

 

My parents (80+) both had shingles shots and my mom was extremely tired for a couple days.  I think reactions must be pretty common.  I'm encouraging them to get the Covid vaccine, but they're a little leery after the shingles shots.  I'm having them call their PCP for advice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

My parents (80+) both had shingles shots and my mom was extremely tired for a couple days.  I think reactions must be pretty common.  I'm encouraging them to get the Covid vaccine, but they're a little leery after the shingles shots.  I'm having them call their PCP for advice.

 

 

Bucky had almost no reaction to the Covid Vaccine...but had reaction to both Shingles shots.  Guess each of us are different indeed.  Kind of a crap shoot...but I will take my chances on the vaccine reactions versus the alternative.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, island lady said:

 

Bucky had severe side effects after Shingles shots...I had mild.  I guess the vaccines are doing their job...just have to get through the body's reaction to them.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  

I still have pain in my arm but only slight but I do have a headache.

One of my daughters took the vaccine this morning and she is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...