Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sunshine3601Thank you for all the great info Debbie!  I’ve taken a screenshot to save for the next time we visit.  We’re staying at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Unfortunately we’ve hit a fair amount of traffic and it looks like we’ll just have time to check-in and head to the game, so it’s ballpark food tonight.  I know we ate at a great bar/cafe in Fells Point our last time here, don’t remember the name.  
If you’ve been there, any suggestions for Cape May?

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sunshine3601Thank you for all the great info Debbie!  I’ve taken a screenshot to save for the next time we visit.  We’re staying at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. Unfortunately we’ve hit a fair amount of traffic and it looks like we’ll just have time to check-in and head to the game, so it’s ballpark food tonight.  I know we ate at a great bar/cafe in Fells Point our last time here, don’t remember the name.  
If you’ve been there, any suggestions for Cape May?

I stayed at that hotel before it is right near the MD science center.   Nice hotel and great location to walk to stadium and walk around the harbor if you have time!        If you have time tomorrow morning you can hop on the water taxi for a quick tour of the harbor.

Re:    Cape May  It has been a while since we have been there but I remember these places all being great options:

https://www.madbatter.com/       Always had good food and nice atmosphere.    located in the historic Oceanfront Carroll Villa hotel

https://thelobsterhouse.com/   Another favorite by many.   Excellent menu with the freshest of fresh fish at the dock.

https://www.mermaidscapemay.com/menu     Nice for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  

Quincy's lobster roll is always a nice quick stop for a lobster roll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re off on a little road trip. First stop, Baltimore.  Several years ago in our way home from FL we stopped and saw a Red Sox vs Orioles game at Camden Yards. On our last trip home from FL in March, as we drove thru B’more, I mentioned I’d like to go there again.  So for Mother’s Day Andy bought us tickets for tonight’s game.  Now I meant I’d like to go to a Red Sox game again, but we’re seeing the Orioles vs some team that’s not the Sox LOL, but it’s the thought that counts!  We’re staying overnight within walking distance of the ballpark.  
Tomorrow we’re heading to Cape May NJ for the day, then checking into Harrah’s in Atlantic City tomorrow night.  Thursday we’ll go to our oldest daughters in PA for the weekend, celebrating two grandsons July birthdays.  

In 2014 we were in Baltimore for a retirement party.We stayed at a hotel very close to Camden Yards and went to see a game there.On the way home we made a stop in Cape May and another stop at Harrah’s .

Congratulations on the grandsons birthdays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sound like an awesome road trip!     We love Baltimore and have been going there for 25+ years.       Where are you staying tonight?      There are so many good restaurants we love when there.    

here are some you may want to try:

https://www.bobrooks.com/  🦀🦞🦐  very nice setting located at a high end marina with yachts sales right next door.     great water views and fun to look at the boats.    Crabs are always good here along with everything else.    Usually have a good assortment of oysters.

https://nicksfishhouse.com/   Off the beaten path in an industrial - but right on the water and the place is always hoping.     They are known for their steamed maryland blue crabs, everything is delicious here.    Definitely one of our favorites.    

https://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/location/mccormick-schmicks-baltimore-md/

located on the water next to the lighthouse (behind Pier 5 Hotel) - great views of the harbor.   

https://mamasonthehalfshell.com/ this is located in a section called Canton - which is also nice to wander around day or night.    I always love their Sunday Brunch too!

So many places I could go on and on but these are 3 that are always go to at least once when visiting the area.    

IMO, Avoid Phillips Seafood - we have never been a fan of this chain for many reasons. 

I highly recommend you walk down to the harbor and board a water taxi.      This a great way to see many different areas of Baltimore to figure out where you may like to go next time you are there.       Fells Point is a lot of fun to bar hop (lots of nice dive bars) and/or food hop the various cafes.   Lots of fun shops there too!

Eric always jokes that I know my way around the streets of Baltimore better than I do at home.   There is another excellent crab cake place we go to but in a very seedy part of town, I don't want to send you there and scare you off from all the beauty of Baltimore.  Let me know if you have any questions or in the mood for a certain type of food and I can try to help.       

Have a great trip and Safe Travels😃

When we were there in 2014 it was the first time we were there since 1990.We came a day before the retirement party we were going to and decided to take a self guided walking tour .At that time in my life I was an avid walker.We found ourselves in a very seedy area but there was a store that sold different flavored ices and we went in and bought two that were delicious.We then decided to find a different way back to our hotel.Luckily we made it back but it was quite scary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great photos!

#3 looks like it's from the sci fi channel, what setting did you use?

I started off using pro mode which worked good when shooting single pops but when several were launched the exposure would not adjust so I switched to photo mode.  I had to adjust exposure and contrast in post processing.   I liked that the flag was in front of us.  

About an hour before we went, a front moved through and cooled it off.  When we watched the weather last night our town was the coolest by at least 5⁰ and more.  It rained but so light I counted about 48 drops on the back deck.  😆 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re off on a little road trip. First stop, Baltimore.  Several years ago in our way home from FL we stopped and saw a Red Sox vs Orioles game at Camden Yards. On our last trip home from FL in March, as we drove thru B’more, I mentioned I’d like to go there again.  So for Mother’s Day Andy bought us tickets for tonight’s game.  Now I meant I’d like to go to a Red Sox game again, but we’re seeing the Orioles vs some team that’s not the Sox LOL, but it’s the thought that counts!  We’re staying overnight within walking distance of the ballpark.  
Tomorrow we’re heading to Cape May NJ for the day, then checking into Harrah’s in Atlantic City tomorrow night.  Thursday we’ll go to our oldest daughters in PA for the weekend, celebrating two grandsons July birthdays.  

Getting some heavy thunderstorms rolling through Southwest Virginia the last 2 or 3 hours off and on, I believe they may be heading your way. Be sure to take some rain gear with you to the game tonight and be prepared for maybe some delays.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

He is dreaming of hamburgers 😊

Try cooking him a smashburger!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

I have been waiting for the Jimmy Nardello peppers to turn red but couldn't wait any longer.  Picked my 1st one which is about 7" long and not totally red. Also pick my 1st Bell pepper of the season.  We have picked several  Jalapenos already. 

image.thumb.png.7367ffb878a536c29765fb31ab2ea514.png

Had to make a bacon and tomato sandwich!

image.thumb.png.b2db5be6aa359d47407089a75f1d3e3d.png

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I stayed at that hotel before it is right near the MD science center.   Nice hotel and great location to walk to stadium and walk around the harbor if you have time!        If you have time tomorrow morning you can hop on the water taxi for a quick tour of the harbor.

Re:    Cape May  It has been a while since we have been there but I remember these places all being great options:

https://www.madbatter.com/       Always had good food and nice atmosphere.    located in the historic Oceanfront Carroll Villa hotel

https://thelobsterhouse.com/   Another favorite by many.   Excellent menu with the freshest of fresh fish at the dock.

https://www.mermaidscapemay.com/menu     Nice for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  

Quincy's lobster roll is always a nice quick stop for a lobster roll. 

Thank you again!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Getting some heavy thunderstorms rolling through Southwest Virginia the last 2 or 3 hours off and on, I believe they may be heading your way. Be sure to take some rain gear with you to the game tonight and be prepared for maybe some delays.

WOW!   I have to try this smashburger next time.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been waiting for the Jimmy Nardello peppers to turn red but couldn't wait any longer.  Picked my 1st one which is about 7" long and not totally red. Also pick my 1st Bell pepper of the season.  We have picked several  Jalapenos already. 

image.thumb.png.7367ffb878a536c29765fb31ab2ea514.png

Had to make a bacon and tomato sandwich!

image.thumb.png.b2db5be6aa359d47407089a75f1d3e3d.png

Yummmmm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Awesome firework display.   You did a great job taking the video🤩

Did you use a tripod for your camera or phone?   So steady

Handheld.  Two hands on the phone and I'm a stickler for holding in landscape orientation.  Elbows tucked against my side for stability.  I'd just tilt up a bit when needed.  I was actually able to watch most of the show live rather than through my phone screen while recording.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I love smash burgers but I love mine with grilled onions on it.

Get a kitchen mandolin and slice an onion as thin as you get it. Then put onions in a bowl and coat heavily with salt. This will extract the moisture and make the onions very stringy. Let sit for 30 minutes or more and then rinse the onions with water in a colander.

After you put the round balls onto the griddle put a good heaping of the onions on top then smash down.

You can follow the rest of instructions via the YT video. I love these burgers.

• Like 5